New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)

Go down 
+2
sean_hiruki
Magus1108
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Taijun nodded and readied himself. He took a deep breath and moved towards Musashi, trying to hit the man in his stomach. Soft spots like that were the easier method in taking someone down.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Mahurio (Haru)

Mahurio greeted his daughter as she came outside to help him in the fields. Not too long after she arrived, he had a voice call out to him. Mahurio put down his hoe and turned. Ah, it seemed a stranger had come to the village. As always when an outsider came to his village, Mahurio felt a brief flash of fear--Would he finally be recognized? Was the visitor a Makasumi agent who would identify him?--but it passed as soon as it came. For the decades Mahurio had lived in this peaceful village, he had yet to be found. For that, he thanked the gods. Mahurio studied the stranger for a moment before answering.

"Yes, I'd be happy to help you. What questions do you have?"

Senya

Senya watched the practice match between Taijun and Musashi with much interest. The sadistic samurai briefly considered joining the fight, curious as to how Taijun's and Musashi's blood would look like on the stained mat. But he decided against it for the moment, and just continued to watch.

Mia

The female samurai meditated within her room inside the secret headquarters of the Deserter Army. For now, they had not yet launched a major battle against Takachi and the Makasumi Clan. So far, it had been only small skirmishes. However, she had a feeling this would soon change. The fate of the land of Otosuki would soon be decided, she knew this. One way or another, only one side would emerge victorious.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Anika bowed to her grandfather before taking a hoe. She began to work as if the conversation going on near her was not important. Of course she was listening, but Anika coudn't help it. If something important was going on she wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 am

Hachirou

"Hmm, looks like Taijun's getting another lesson. No surprise, he's always trying to better himself." Michi thought to himself as he walked into the Dojo, taking the spot next to Senya as he watched the false match. Currently Michi was feeling very bored, though of course he didn't show this to anyone. "Hai, Senya. How long have they been going at it?" He asked his sadistic Comrade, partially for the answer but mostly just to annoy him slightly.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am

Musashi saw through the first attack and downward blocked Taijun's sword. "Strong attack, Taijun-kun. But you must remember to hide your attacks until the very last second!" As he spoke the last word, he used his wooden sword to push Taijun's blade away from him and swiftly brought his sword down on Taijun's right shoulder. It was a risky move that left his body wide open to attack if the attack failed.

The man smiled warmly and bowed his head slightly, "Thank you." He glanced at the young woman and bowed his head to her as well as an apology for not acknowledging her when he first walked up. " Firstly, this village is under the control of the Makasumi Clan, correct?" He asked. "What can you tell me about the clan's head?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 am

Taijun nodded.

"I will do so, Musashi-senpai(or should it be sensei?)"

Taijun got ready to attack and so he didn't see the one that Musashi was doing. It hit his shoulder, but Taijun was able to soften the blow by ducking down and moving away from it. Using the opening, Taijun tried another blow to the side.
---------------
Ketsuki looked at the sky as she drank her tea. She knew she shouldn't be relaxing right now, but nothing dire was going on and she so was using this oppurtunity to get a breather. Who knew when she would have to fight again? Sighing, Ketsuki closed her eyes and tried to forget about her problems.
---------------
Anika, being respectful or at least smart enough to know when she should, bowed to the man as well.

"It is fine. I'm use to being invisible," she said hinting at her training as a ninja. She went back to working, but she kept an ear on what was being said. She was a little shocked at the man's words.

'He wants to know about the Makasumi Clan?'
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:02 am

Musashi felt the pain in his side as the attack hit. Luckily, he took a step to the side, lessening the impact of the blow. Musashi breathed out loudly and put his sword down. "Good hit, Taijun-kun! You did well today. Now if you'll excuse me, I need some rest."
And with a bow, he walked out

-Second Hideout-
Musashi sighed as he walked into the hideout. "Ah!" He smiled, "Hello, Mia-dono. How are you?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Taijun bowed back and then beamed. He was glad that he was improving and although he knew better than to let pride go to his head, Taijun liked being praised. He was always hard on himself.

Relaxing, Taijun put his sword away and headed out of the room.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:30 pm

Senya

"For a few minutes now," Senya replied to Michi. As soon as the fight began, it ended. Seeing that Taijun was heading out of the room, Senya blocked his path.

"Hey kid. Want to duel with me? It's been awhile since my sword last tasted blood."

Mahurio (Haru)

At the mention of the Makasumi clan, Mahurio frowned. Yes, this man was a newcomer to the land of Otosuki. Otherwise he would know all about the Makasumi Clan.

"I do not care if you listen to my advice, but if I were you I'd stay clear away from the Makasumi Clan. Ever since Takachi Makasumi, and his father before him, took over the Clan, they have been nothing but trouble. Takachi cares nothing of us peasents, he views us as nothing more than cattle to be herded. He is a cruel Lord. Things have gone downhill ever since Mahurio Makasumi was overthrown."

What Haru spoke, he believed and knew as the truth. He hoped that he could influence this travler not to join up with Takachi.

Mia

Mia opened one eye to see Musashi in the training room. She gave a polite nod to the leader of this rebellion. "Hello, Musashi. I am fine, thank you."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Taijun raised an eyebrow at Senya. The guy looked like he was looking for a real fight and not a practice one. Unsure he nodded and got ready to fight. Taijun wasn't looking forward to it, but he wasn't going to back down. Besides he needed more training if he wanted to go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 am

The man grinned at Haru's words. "I see. So it is true! Then it is about damn time I start. Ouji-san, i'm going to let you in on a little secret. The reason I came here was to bring down the clan and restore the order to the villagers. If you still believe in justice, than you are welcome to help." He turned and noticed a small field of Camellia flowers and smiled. "You know, old timer...You sound like a man who knows how to rule this land. Makes me wonder if you know this Mahurio fellow. Oh, and do you know of any play I could hide out?"

Musashi sat across from her and smiled, "Good to hear. We got a few more members today. Any luck with you?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:04 am

Anika stopped what she was doing and turned to the man. She was beginning to feel suspicious of him. But she didn't have her swords with her. Gripping the hoe, Anika still could take out the man with what she had. Her training taught her how to use normal objections to take down people. But Anika wasn't going to attack him. At least if he didn't do anything.

"Who are you," she asked.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 pm

The man smiled at her, as if glad she asked. "Just a no-name ronin trying to help those in need. If you must call my something...than call me Sanjuro Tsubaki...though I am only in my twenties." (Sanjuro means Thirty Year Old, Tsubaki means Camella flower)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Mahurio (Haru)

Haru stared at this strange and almost unbelievable man, wondering what exactly he should say. Was he indeed a spy by the Makasumi Clan, trying to trap him and others into voicing their support of rebellion? No....this man talked too honestly, too sincere. Their were many ways to tell if someone was a spy from their Lord, but this Sanjuro fit no description.

"You...surprise me, Sanjuro. It has been years since I last heard someone speak so honestly, so freely. You are a strange and curious fellow. If you speak truthfully, your best shot is joining the Deserter Army. They are made up of incensed peasents and defectors from the Makasumi Clan ranks. They wish to bring about the destruction of the Makasumi Clan, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

They have very little chance of actual successs, but you're welcome to join them. I...cannot follow down your path, I'm afraid. I have too much to lose when the Deserter Army is crushed by Takachi. And I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I barely knew and remember Mahurio. I was just a young man when he reigned, and his rule was cut short after his assassination." Mahurio said.

Senya

"Hehehehe, good." Senya said. He withdrew his sword quickly and walked toward the mat. He took a defensive stance and waited for his opponent to begin.

Mia

"I have not been out to recruit today, but I can already tell you it will do no good. If anything, it will harm your movement more. Very few listen to the words of a woman. Especially a woman samurai. Most men believe that women should never become samurai, and only belong in the house. You should have your other agents do recruiting." Mia answered.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:48 am

Sanjuro just grinned happily at Haru, "Have a little hope, Ouji-san. The Kami might very well be on our side. You all have suffered enough, it is time to show Takachi that suffering. Maybe the combined efforts of the leader of this Deserter Army and myself, we very well may free you from tyranny. Have hope."

Musashi nodded, "I know. And come now, Mia-dono, you know I am not most men. I care not if you are a man or woman. You are a great samurai, and more importantly, a great friend."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:12 am

"Do not let yourself be consumed by pride Tsubaki-san," Anika said. She could agree with what he was saying, but she didn't support it at all. The suffering of the peasants, her own family, were indeed awful and should be stopped, but like her grandfather she doubted it would end soon. "True freedom takes time to achieve."
-----------------------
Ketsuki put her cup down and headed inside. Ketsuki was a member of the deserter army and a female samuri. After loosing her brother to the Makasumi Clan, she turned her back on them, deciding instead to end their reign. She found who she was looking for and entered the room.

"Hello Mia-kun, Musashi-san. How are things with you both?"
-----------------------
Centering himself, Taijun looked for a good starting opening. He moved quickly slashing his blade at his lower leg.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Sanjuro just grinned at her. "That is where you are wrong, I am afraid. True freedom is self-achieved. If you want true freedom, than follow me. If not, cower out of the way. Now that I am here, things are going to change for the better. Trust me, This is not my first time doing this. I'll give you time to think about it."

Musashi smiled at her as she walked in. He bowed to her, "Good day, Ketsuki-dono. Are you well? As for myself...things could be better." He rose from his bow and looked at both female samurai.
"I'm changing tactics. We are going to replace quantity with quality. One strong samurai can take out half an army on his or her own."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:33 pm

"So you think that you could stop the Makasumi Clan," Anika said still not buying what Sanjuro was saying. "What makes you so sure of that?"
---------------------------
"I am fine. I just contacted my family a couple of days ago and all is well with them."

She listend to Musashi's words, nodding. "So our goal right now is to recruit more people?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:28 pm

Senya

Senya twisted himself to avoid the strike, and swung at Taijun'a neck.

Mia

"A good idea, Musashi. However, most highly skilled samurai are under the employment of Takachi, and are fiercely loyal to him. As far as I know, only you and another of his retainers are apart of the Deserter Army." Mia pointed out.

Mahurio (Haru)

"I admire your courage Sanjuro, but I still do not see an end anytime soon to our suffering. The Makasumi Clan is strong and has very large numbers. It has been this way for centuries. All rebellions that have attempted to upsurb their power have ended in a complete failure." Mahurio said. No doubt this man would get himself killed oneday, maybe soon, because of his over-confidence.

"Tell me, do you have any place to stay for the day? The location of the rebels' hideout is hard, nearly impossible to find on one's own, I am told. You are welcome to stay in this village for the time being, if you wish. However, if you accept my offer, I must ask you to refrain from your talks of rebellion. The people of this village do not dare whisper of such things, for fear of incurring Takachi's wrath. I do not want you to bring about our end." Haru said after a moment's thought.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Taijun saw the attack and threw himself onto the floor, dodging the blow. He looked up at Senya a little mad, but he didn't stop fighting. Getting to his feet he came at him again.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 12:15 am

"My sword gives me my confidence. My scars remind me of my battles. Call it over-confidence, but I never think of me failing. 70 men...70 thousand men...It makes no difference to me. I'll just use strategy and stamina to fight them all one-on-one. I thought I told you both; I have done this before."

Sanjuro thought about Haru's offer for a moment. "I suppose I could, yes. I don't worry, My presence well be so invisible, your fellow villagers will think me a spirit. I kindly accept your offer, sir. Thank you"

Musashi shook his head, "Almost. Instead of searching for more, we search for the skilled. There have to be SOME very skilled warriors in the Fiefdom that have not joined Takachi. We shall find them. We wont advertise ourselves, though. The time well come. I know it will."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Senya

Senya cackled and swung his sword at Taijun's mid-section. Ah, how good it felt to be alive! He would enjoy spatering this boy's blood on the walls!

Mahurio (Haru)

"You are welcome. We do not have enough room for you in the house, though I do have a shed I could clean out for you. However, their will be some rules. You will not talk of rebellion, you will not openly practice with your sword, you will help us out in the fields during your stay, and if you make any advances on my granddaughter I will skin you alive. Are we clear?" Haru asked.

Mia

"Not a bad idea. The best place to look will be the small villages, though we should be careful if we go there. I do not want to get anyone killed because we were not careful enough in our searches." Mia said.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Sanjuro laughed. "Agreed! Farming is a form off training as well, some say! And worry not, sir. I shall be a complete gentleman. Honestly, sir, I could sleep outside if I must. I do not mind. I would hate to intrude on you and yours."

Musashi nodded, "I know, Mia-dono. We shall be careful"

((Would anyone be interested in a Three Kingdoms RP?)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Anika just smiled slyly at Sanjuro, then went back to her work. She felt a little guilty. This man was so sure of himself that he could stop the Makasumi Clan. He was so passionate in riding the Feifdom of them. It made Anika almost want to do the same. But no she was fine with her own work. Getting involved would only cause trouble for her.

"I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you Tsubaki-san. It's just the way I am."
--------------------------
"I agree as well. But we must also choose wisely. Some of the men may not listen to us girls," Ketsuki said knowing how little some guys thought of girls, even female samuris.
--------------------------
Taijun used his sword to counter Senya's attack and he stopped. He didn't want to continue this fight as it seemed that Senya was trying to kill him, but he wasn't going to run. Maybe it he kept it on the defense, Senya would eventually get bored and stop the fight.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Senya

Senya stopped his assualt for the moment, noticing Taijun's lack of a counterattack. "What, to afraid to attack now, boy? Very well, I'll make sure your pitifult existence ends here!"

Senya prepared to swing his blade again--

"Cease, Senya."

The words of Takachi Makasumi stopped Senya in his tracks. At the entrance to the room stood the mighty Lord of Otosuki, the current ruler of the Makasumi Clan. The man had a hand to the hilt of his sword.

"This match is over. If you attempt to continue, I will maim you. Are we clear?" Takachi spoke evenly. Senya scowled before putting away his weapon.

Mahurio (Haru)

"No, you will not have to do that. I'll just clean out the shed for you. Now, since you've agreed, why not help me out now? You can take my place in the fields while I go prepare the shed for you, and tell my grandson of your coming. Alright?" Haru asked. Hopefully, nothing bad would come of this. After all, he was just being kind in offering Sanjuro to stay with him. He needed to stop being such a pessimist.

Mia

"Agreed. Tell me Musashi, have you made any headway in the...request I asked of you?" Mia asked. Not too long after she joined the rebellion, Mia had asked if Musashi could help her in her investigation into who she really was. Her memory had still not cleared up, and so far in her journies she hadn't found anyone who recognized her. SHe doubt Musashi would make a breakthrough, but it would not hurt to try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)   Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samurai: Freedom or Oppression? (Accepting)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next