New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)

Go down 
+4
Sarcastic Master
almostinsane99
beast93boy
Magus1108
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) Empty
PostSubject: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:35 am

“To thee I call,
but with no friendly voice, and add thy name,
O sun, to tell thee how I hate thy beams
that bring to my remembrance from what state
I fell, how glorious once thy sphere;
till pride and worse ambition threw me down
warring in Heav'n against Heav'n's matchless King:
Ah wherefore! he deserved no such return
from me, whom he created what I was
in that bright eminence, and with his good
upbraided none, nor was his service hard.”

--Paradise Lost (Book 4), John Milton

Flemeth

The Witch of the Wilds, called Flemeth and other, whispered names, stood with one foot in the material world and the other in the world of dreams. She held a knife, and both of her bare feet stood in fresh blood.

She had not spilled this blood—not directly, at least. Like always, the people of Thedas had danced to her tune and the tune of her chosen musicians.

And that was Flemeth's true power—the one no one mentioned, because Flemeth kept it all to herself. With her long life and with some innate ability, Flemeth understood people. She understood who could move the world with willpower, and who could tear it apart without even meaning to. She saw their movements ahead of time—living catalysts in human form, unaware of their capacity for change—and put them where they served her interests most.

The long game was coming to an end now. The knife in her hand would be the instrument to bring in the last pieces.

You would think the Witch of the Wilds didn't see the mountains and mountains of corpses all around her, her eyes were so focused on the blade in her hand.

Made from broken promises stolen in the world of dreams, and sharpened with putrified compassion snatched from generations of her own witch-children. And now it shone deep red with the blood magic from the recent battle, a metallic thrum shaking the air, unholy energy surging forth from the subtle runes carved in the battlefield.

Preparation. Years of preparation to spill this much magical blood, from mages and lyrium-empowered templars. Years of the long game, of bloodshed and tears, some from her and some from her living chess pieces.

All for the greater--

No. She laughed. The word was meaningless. Flemeth would define morality, and there would be no “greater good.” All of her actions would be good, and all she disapproved of would be called evil. Her blade—not the one in her hand, but the one in her heart—had been welded from something else.
Something deeper and more bitter than the stench of darkspawn.
   “Vengeance,” she whispered. Her dagger plunged through the barrier between the world of dreams, the Fade, and the world of the physical. Then, her arm straining, she began breaking through that last, unknown barrier. The one the Warden and Morrigan had merely walked through, mindful of the wall's integrity.

Flemeth's dagger tore through the barrier between worlds.
   It was a small slit, but it had an immediate effect. For a moment, the material world screamed. Flemeth crumpled to the ground, overwhelmed by the thoughts and memories of civilizations.

--You will be the Avatar, guardian of--
   --this treaty will establish Four--
   --don't you see that--
   --damn you Koh, and your--
   --our love will--
   --the Cave is lit by--
   --hand me back the--
   --everything changed when--
   --penguin sledding with--
   --the crossroads of--
   --you know what you must--
   --he is guilty of--
   --I will be a savior--
   --you've gotta deal with it!--
   --the Equalist threat--
   --a new beginning.

These and endless more, all read and discarded when necessary. The tear in the worlds, like a hole in the ocean, demanding something to go sink into it.

Like always, Flemeth picked her pieces well. She picked them based on tenacity, strength, intelligence, charisma, compassion, and, of course, hatred.

Only one person saw the ritual. And he ran as quickly as his feet could take him.

Slowly—ever slowly—the rift in the Fade began to grow.

Koh

The Fool Witch had enacted her plan. Now was the time for his own manipulations to bare fruit.

A rift between worlds had been opened, and now everything would change. The balance of the Spirit World and the Realm of the Mortals was in danger, with the wild card of Flemeth and the Fade added to the mix. All that the Avatars throughout the ages had tried to accomplished could be destroyed in a single instant, if things went horribly wrong.

But he had calculated the odds before, and had decided it well worth the risk. Flemeth may have had her own schemes, but so did he. And while he was loathe to take a chance like this, it would be well worth it.

Thus far, all was going as he had foreseen, and Koh the Face-Stealer would make sure that upcoming events would continue to go exactly as he planned, no matter the cost.

“The time has come for you to play your part, puppet. If you do my will, then I will live up to my end of our bargain. Fail me, and you will not live long enough to regret it.”

The emotionless figure besides the great Face-Stealer gave a brisk nod, and stared straight ahead into the portal opened up by the Fool Witch.

The puppet besides him had proved a useful, if brash tool in the past, and Koh had no doubt that he'd continue to serve him in such a capacity. In this strange, foreign world, his puppet might be out of his element in the beginning, but he would adapt, and thrive. The puppet had lived through worse before, after all.

“My protection will shroud you from her sight. Go, and ensure that my efforts will not be in vain.”

The figure nodded again, and slowly walked forward. He touched the rift, and disappeared in the blink of an eye.

“And so it begins.”

The Face-Stealer curled his body and gazed into the abyss before him. Flemeth might not have such a use for balance, but he did. All Spirits from this Realm knew the absolute necessity of balance, even if the vile creatures of the Fade did not. But they would, soon enough.

Oh yes, they would. And Koh looked forward to it.

Old God

The Old God Urthemiel had been many things during her lifetime: a Highborn Dragon of unimaginable pride and power, then an Archemon of unrivaled cunning and brutality, and now...a child with the abilities and traits of both her previous lives.

Since she had been freed from the Taint, and reborn in human form, Urthemiel had gained a clarity that she hadn't known before. When she had been an Dragon, she had been immensely powerful, and yet...corrupt, at the same time. She and her siblings had forced the peoples of Thedas to bow before them and, in their highest act of arrogance, had ordered their slaves to storm the very home of the Maker himself.

And as a result of that bout of foolishness, she and her siblings had been imprisoned underground by their Creator, and sentenced to a life of sleep, until the Darkspawn found them.

Oh, and when their pitiful servants had heeded their Call...

Tainted to become an Archdemon, Urthemiel had been a creature of beauty and brutality. She had commanded the very Hoard itself, and had marched the Darkspawn upon the armies of Fereldan. She had succeeded, at first, until the mortal enemies of the Darkspawn finally slew her. And by all accounts, Urthemiel's rise and fall should have ended then and there.

But, it seemed a different fate had been in store for her...

Morrigan, her Mother and Savior, had drawn her soul into her womb, and there Urthemiel had merged with the already budding life within it. Freed from the Taint, Urthemiel had been given a new life, one free from the shackles of the Darkspawn, and one free from her arrogance and stupidity as a High Dragon.

Now she was an Old God in human form, and a force to be reckoned with once more. But Urthemiel no longer wanted to rule over the lands of Thedas, as she had in her first life; nor did she want to command the armies of the Darkspawn, as she had been forced to in her second life.

Now, all she wanted was to be left alone. Mother Morrigan supported her in that area, thankfully, and for the first ten years of her new life, Urthemiel had been successful in that area.

But now, her life in seclusion and peace was crumbling at the seams, all because two powerful entities believed they deserved more than their station in life granted them. And because of their selfishness and foolishness, both of their worlds were doomed.

As the Old God Human Urthemiel, she had an unrivaled ability in divination, even moreso than the Witch and the Face-Stealer. And what they could not see, she did. And the possibilities frightened her.

In almost all possible futures, their actions would result in a cataclysm that would utterly ruin both of their worlds, and perhaps lead to the death of many more worlds and dimensions.

They were fools, the both of them.

The Face-Stealer and the Witch. Both sought power beyond their control, and in the end, it would destroy everything, if they were not stopped.

Thus, Urthemiel needed to do the best she could to see that their plans failed. But even she could not do it alone; and if she failed...

Than Maker help them all.

Cast of Characters:

Dragon Age:

Team Fereldan

King Alistair: almostinsane
Queen Anora:
Bann City Elf Origin: Agent S7
Morrigan: Agent S7
Leliana: Magus1108
Morrigan's Old God Child: Magus1108
Heir Apparent of Fereldan (Child of the King and Queen): TokoToTheEnd

Team Inquisition

Zevran: Magus1108
Shale: Sarcastic Master
Sten: Sarcastic Master
Varric: Agent S7
Merrill: TokoToTheEnd

Team Loghain

Warden-Commander Loghain: almostinsane
Senior Mage Warden Avernus: Magus1108
Senior Warden Sigrun:
Senior Mage Warden Velanna:
Senior Warden Oghren:
Junior Mage Warden Bethany: TokoToTheEnd
Junior Warden Aveline: Graywand

Team Atoner:

Hawke: Agent S7
Anders: Agent S7
Jowan: almostinsane
Magi Origin Human: Magus1108

Team Flemeth:

Flemeth: Agent S7
The Architect:

Other:

Fenris: TokoToTheEnd
Isabela:
Sebastian:
Teyrn Fergus Cousland:
Arlessa Delilah Howe:
Bann Nathaniel Howe:
Magi Origin Elf: almostinsane
Dwarf Commoner Origin:
King/Queen Dwarf Noble Origin:
Dalish Elf Origin:
Human Noble Origin:
Secret Character: Agent S7

Gaang 2.0:

Tenzin: rcox1995
Kya II: TokoToTheEnd
Bumi II: almostinsane
Lin: Magus1108
Iroh II: beast93boy

The Krew:

Mako: Magus1108
Bolin: Agent S7
Asami: Sarcastic Master

Team Koh:

Koh: Magus1108

Other:

Pema:
Jinora: TokoToTheEnd
Ikki:
Meelo:
Hiroshi Sato:
The Lieutenant:
Katara:

Character Profiles:

Korra:

Username:
Name:
Nationality: (Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, United Republic of Nations, Air Nation, Water Tribes)
Bender: (Yes, No, Maybe, Lobster)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Dragon Age

Username:
Name:
Race: (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Qunari, Darkspawn)
Mage: (Yes, No, Maybe, Lobster)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Rules

1: No Mary-Sues, or god-modding, please.
2: This RP is rated T-M.
3: You may claim any character in either universe. However, it is first come, first served.
4: You may have as many characters as you want. Within reason.
5: Please use proper grammar and spelling.
6: Please do not make too many one line posts.
8: Romance is allowed, but please do not make it too graphic. Unless you feel it is necessary, somehow.
9: Sames goes for violence.
10: Please say, “Hey, what happened to rule 7!” to show you've read the rules, and to be accepted.
11: Only OCs, Hawke, and the Origins require having bios made. Just so you all know.
12: I have the right to change the rules as I see fit.
13: Agent S7 is my Co-Mod, so his word is law as well.
14: Have fun! Here's to hoping this shall be another great RP! Very Happy

Last edited by Magus1108 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
beast93boy

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 am

Can I be Iroh II?

Hey, what happened to rule 7?

Last edited by beast93boy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am

Can I be the the elven Magi Origin and Korra?

“Hey, what happened to rule 7!”

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Yes, but there is one thing I need from the both of you before I fully put you down for the spots.

Hint: Look at the rules. Wink

Also, feel free to take as many characters as you like! No limit on how many characters you can take.

Oh, and as for a timeline for this RP:

On the Korra side of things, this takes place six months after the defeat of Amon and the Equalist Revolution.

On the Dragon Age side of things, this takes place in 9:41, about a year after the events of Dragon Age 2.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm

I would like to play Shale and Asami.

What happened to rule 7? I stole it! That's what happened! I'm holding it for ransom! I will contact you with further details.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Accepted, Sarcastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm

And you're accepted too now, AI!
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Also, as a note to anyone who claims an Origin, or who wants the City Elf:

In this continuity of DA, only the City Elf was recruited by Duncan, and became the Grey Warden to unite all of Fereldan against the Blight. The City Elf arranged a marriage between Alistair and Anora, and had Loghain spared so he could become a Grey Warden. And, obviously, the City Elf romanced Morrigan during the Fifth Blight, and took her offer to enact the Dark Ritual so that he would live.

After slaying the Archdemon, the City Elf retired from the Wardens, and per his request, became the new Bann of the Denerim Alienage, and later an advisor to the Royal Court in general. Loghain was left in charge of the Fereldan Wardens, and has since done his best to rebuild the Order, alongside the near immortal Avernus.

Thus, if anyone wants to take an Origin other than the City Elf, they'll have to be anything else but a Warden. If just the Warden that defeated the Fifth Blight. And as a result, you're going to have to give a reason as to how they survived the events of their Origin without Duncan's intervention.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 2:09 pm

And now you're accepted, BB!
Back to top Go down
Graywand

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

Hey, can I still get in on this?

-Gray
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:11 am

Of course! We're still open for business. What characters would you like to claim, Gray? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graywand

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 am

I think I'll claim Aveline and , “Hey, what happened to rule 7!”
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:31 am

Duly accepted, Gray! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Alim Surana
Race: Elf
Mage: Yes

Appearance: http://circle-of-magi.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=28093129&offset=72#/d2lot50

Personality: Charming, slightly irresponsible, but with a level head on his shoulders, Alim Surana possesses a dangerous personality in the eyes of the Templars. No one knows exactly what he is thinking and Alim likes it that way. He has his own plans and goals and he seeks to accomplish them. Despite being a Mage, however, Alim is a devout follower of Andraste if not the Chantry for obvious reasons. He is known to have a keen interest in females, though he treats them well as a rule.

History: Born in the Denerim Alienage, Alim truly remembers little of his early years. The Alienage was dirty, his family poor, and the humans treated them like dirt. Thus, his parents were a bit relieved when the Templars told them that Alim would never have to fear poverty, homelessness, or attacks from humans. In Kinloch Hold, Alim proved to be an exemplary Mage and member of the Aequetarian Fraternity. With the Magi-Templar war, however, Alim is chiefly concerned with the safety of himself and his loved ones.
Other:

(I'd like to take Jowan and Loghain too.)

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Accepted, AI! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 am

Hey, what happened to rule 7!

Heir Apparent of Fereldan, Fenris, Kya, Junior Warden Bethany, Jinora and Merrill? Also do I need to make a sheet for just the heir?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:05 am

All accepted, Toko! Glad to have you aboard! Very Happy

And yes, you only need to make a profile for the Heir Apparent of Fereldan, as that character is basically an OC.

And since this takes place roughly ten or so years after Origins, the Heir Apparent can only be about the same age as the reborn Old God Urthemiel, which is about 10 years of age. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:24 am

Sorry for being so late!

What happened to rule 7?

Username: rcox1995
Name: Tenzin
Nationality: (Fire Nation, Earth Kingdom, United Republic of Nations, Air Nation, Water Tribes): He is one of the few Air Nomads left on the planet, but he is a resident of Republic City, and thus the United Republic of Nations.
Bender: (Yes, No, Maybe, Lobster): Yes.
Appearance: http://www.superbwallpapers.com/anime/tenzin-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-13682/
Personality: He generally exhibits a feeling of calmness, and he does everything in his power to maintain it. At times, if he is pushed, he can become rather crazy. He is also quite serious about most matters, and usually becomes angry if things don't go according to what he thinks is right or true. That being said, he is also a staunch traditionalist in terms of Air Nomad and bending matters, and it highlights his stubborness.
History: Born to Avatar Aang and Katara, he grew up with Bumi and Kya. His father taught him the ways of the Air Nomads, and he received the traditional tattoos shortly afterwards. He married Pema after a rocky situation with Lin, and they had 3 children. Sometime afterwards, he gained a council seat, representing the Air Nomads on the Council in Republic City. He took in and trained Avatar Korra, having serious issues with her due to her headstrong personality. As time progressed, they began to establish a closer relationship. Shortly after this, Pema gave birth to their fourth child. During the Battle for Republic City, Tenzin became de facto leader of the United Republic of Nations, and tried to flee when Air Temple Island fell. He was eventually captured, and was saved by Korra in the nick of time.
Other:

(I might do other characters if it is required, but I generally prefer to do one at a time.)

(the image tags are not working, so the link will have to suffice.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 am

Um, you didn't have to make a profile for Tenzin, rcox. You only need to do that for Original Characters.

But anyway, accepted! Smile
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:10 am

Magus1108 wrote:
Um, you didn't have to make a profile for Tenzin, rcox. You only need to do that for Original Characters.

But anyway, accepted! Smile

Well, I suppose it's too late now. Haha.

But hey, it'll help me get into character, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Indeed! So, you said you're just taking Tenzin, yes?
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

For now, yes. But again, if I really need to, I can see what I can do with another.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Alright. Well, we still do need some characters taken, most especially Bumi for Avatar, and Sten, Alistair, Morrigan, Leliana, and the Bann City Elf Origin for Dragon Age, but we'll sort that out sooner or later, I think.

At any rate, once I have all the bios for OCs and whatnot in, and once all the needed characters are taken, we'll be able to start! Hopefully that will be the end of this week at the earliest, the end of next week at the latest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 pm

I'll take Sten.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 pm

Thank you! Accepted, Sarcastic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)   When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Worlds Collide (Korra/Dragon Age Crossover)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next