New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion   Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:08 pm

This section is for non-ingame RP discussions, requests, commentary and just generally throwing ideas around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion   Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm thinking about an RP that takes place in a Bar/Club/Lounge/whatever that's outside of time, any person from any time can go there if they find a rift in time and travel through it, so that way Samurai, Cowboys, Knights, Monks, and people from all over time can interact with each other.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion   Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:55 pm

^That sounds awesome actually. I'm wondering what the bartender(s) would even be like with such an incredible cast of patrons...and how everyone would even react to the setting. And how it works and...a lot of questions, yet incredible potential with variation and possibilities.

I find myself thinking of an RP where a group of space explorers come back to their home planet, not necessarily Earth, though it could be. I want to keep other species for different types of characterization open...Maybe the group of explorers were in fact more like a crew for an interplanetary space station, they got out of orbit and it took them awhile to get back to the planet. Maybe the crew was heading back to the planet when something went wrong and the crew ended up being separated, and some if not all went through a wormhole.

Basically, I'm thinking about how this New Worlds RP ended up slowing down, and in an attempt to get it back up, things failed and now this place is desolate, practically dead. I'm molding this experience to create an idea for a Sci fi RP. A group of people had a mission to help save their dying planet, something went horribly wrong and the planet is nearly dead and void of life, yet still habitable. It's to the crew to try to make a home on this planet and restart civilization and life from scratch.

I'm not only getting inspiration from the current state of new worlds, but also a bit from the movie Interstellar, and this Korean webcomic about space. (I can share all I know about Korean webcomics if you like through pm). Lord of the flies even comes to mind however as I expect tension from within the group, as well as from forces from the outside (hostile weather conditions, deadly new flora and fauna, the crew perhaps not being alone, etc.)

I'm not very good at starting RPs up from scratch on my own, I always preferred to co create and I loved the discussion forums existing for...well discussion. I am aware I am posting to no one now and will seem a bit crazy, but I'm not giving up and I'm used to my madness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion   Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sci-Fi RP Forum Discussion
Page 1 of 1