New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Adventure RP Forum Discussion

Go down 
+18
dylan56
Warboss_Spriggs
ConfusedShipper123
roman_tic_kataang
almostinsane99
Ghostmaker
Magus1108
Nightmare13
Sarcastic Master
Plaguewalker
rcox1995
septus5
R0M4N
Lol Lol Lol
Velox
The Quaint Quill
TokoToTheEnd
Alec
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

Adventure RP Forum Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:16 pm

This section is for non-ingame RP discussions, requests, commentary and just generally throwing ideas around.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Attention. I will repost the Unwanted:reverse. I just don't want to do it now because of exams and it takes forever. So I'll do it probably Saturday or Friday.
Back to top Go down
The Quaint Quill
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:45 am

I'm deciding whether I want to make a redux of Minosal. Anybody interested? We would start over, and I may require that you choose between certain types of demons instead of making your own. (That is, if you decide to be a demon).
Back to top Go down
https://newworldsrp.rpg-board.net
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:38 pm

I would rejoin.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:43 pm

I've got three RP ideas, and each one of them fits into the different boards on this site. I'm not sure when I'll actually have them up, 'cause I'm busy with other RPs right now. (Not so much the RPing, as it is making character sheets for all of them.) I am getting kind of anxious to make one of them, so it's possible one will be up soon. I'm just going to post a possible title and explain what it's gonna be about a little bit, so people can say if they're interested, make comments, or whatever.

Mind Runners

The setting is some sort of secret government facility in a large metropolis. The members of the facility have been kidnapping children and experimenting on them. The experiments are successful, and the kids obtain psychic powers, at the cost of most of their memories. The members of the facility keep the kids as prisoners, and subject them to more harsh experiments, and gruelling training regiments to turn them into soldiers for the military. The RP would start in the facility, and the kids have to work together to break out from the prison, and then escape from their pursuers.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:06 pm

^ I like the sound of that. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
R0M4N

R0M4N

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

Min Runners does sound pretty awesome. I'd join.
Back to top Go down
septus5

septus5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 am

that sounds cool
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:51 pm

I am making The Darkness Wars again and I just want to know if anyone who was in it still wants there same characters. Like I am still going to have Tazer, Tifa and Vixen. I know not everyone is here, but that's why I'm doing it. With new people, it'll be different.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:31 pm

I just remade the Gift from the Gods RP. A few of you may remember it, it wasn't too popular, but anyone is welcome to join it.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:35 pm

We are getting too many rpgs. More people need to start posting. It's like a small group of people rpg. XD
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I completely agree. We have a bunch in ASN that we can drag over if we need too.

I know a bunch of regular RPers that didn't come here after the RP board was shut down.
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 pm

I see things differently. It's not that we're getting to many RPs, we're not getting enough RPers who activly make an effort to keep things alive. People just don't seem to want to post after they post a few pages in.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:
I see things differently. It's not that we're getting to many RPs, we're not getting enough RPers who activly make an effort to keep things alive. People just don't seem to want to post after they post a few pages in.

Yes, I agree, but there are some that seem to keep going after the first few pages. I don't know if there's some secret to success, but I think it needs to be duplicated so we don't keep getting masses of rps no one posts in.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Maybe we should look at ways to make it easier for an RP to succeed. Like reducing the number of characters per rper. I only like to use one or two characters at a time because it's easier to manage. I think another problem is that everybody tries to be a main character, and be in all of the action at once, and we lack supporting roles. I find that one on one talks are rare simply because if somebody wants to start any kind of drama or special relationship with another character it attracts all of the rpers to that spot. Also, I find people bite off a lot more than they can chew. Like people who are rarely on taking on really demanding characters. Plus, of course the abandonment problem. People get bored and just leave an rp, and it slowly drags everybody else down with it. Then there are also problems with ending an rp, because nobody knows how to cut the cord and say it's over. Like, say rps with hundreds of pages that still keep going even though the story is way past it's prime. Basically what I'm saying is that rps need to be more planned, like have some idea of how to end it. People should play roles that suit their schedules, and that fit the story. And finally that they should stick with rps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:34 pm

I have an idea for a new rp, but I'll need some help on it... or it'll take some time before I can get something working for it.

Essentially it's an alternate timeline where mammals never inheriting the eart, and the sentient creatures are pretty much dinosaurs, but have the human frame. Pretty much like humans, except with scales and other reptile/avian features (I'm not really sure what the consensus is on whether dinosaurs were actually reptiles or birds). And dinosaurs are like mammals are, and mammals would be like the lizards (or birds) are here.

Anyway, before I get too wrapped up in technicalities, some humans (real humans, not the sentients of the dinosaur world) use technology to cross over and have to survive in a world where everything is turned upside down for them.

...Yeah, you might be able to see why I need help with this. I need to decide exactly why it is humans are there, what the dinosaur people would think, technology of the dinosaur people. But I do know that I want a chase scene where the humans are running for their lives away from a T-rex and raptors. Maybe the dinosaur people would help them or hunt them.
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, I've been working on an RP for the past week or so, and before I decide to continue any further, I'm curious to see if people would be interested in it.

The concept is this.

Imagine a world much like ours in the Medieval times. Towering castles. Mighty Kings and Powerful Queens. Knights riding to battle with banners held high with trumpets blazing.

These are your enemies.

You are a member of the Clans, a large group of humans living in the Wilds. Constant battle has sharpened their skill, and crafted every member of the Clans into a fearsome warrior who knows no mercy, no forgiveness, and no surrender. For centuries, the Clans have lived in the Wilds, and have been content to wage war amongest each other. The world left the 'barbarians' to wage their wars over battle-scarred keeps and festering marshlands.

9 years ago, this changed.

The neighboring kingdom of Lanthor burst across it's borders and quickly crushed several smaller clans before any resistance could be mustered. The Clans retaliated quickly, bolstering the ranks of the closest clans so that they might repel the invaders that came to take what had always belonged to the Clans. The war raged across hundreds of battlefields, but it was at the seige of Borinis Keep that the forces would clash the hardest, for the Keep formed the lynchpin of the Clans defensive line, and should it fall, the line would be caught between two armies, and crushed with ease.

It is the ninth day of the seige of Borinis. The Borinis Clan calls for you to stand with your kin, and to ready your axe. Battle calls, and there shall be no surrender.

Now, the RP would move on after the seige, and progress through the war, but what do you all think? Would anyone be interested in that?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:27 pm

I sure would be interested in that.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:54 am

That sound awesome, Plague!
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I would love that kind of roleplay.
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:14 am

Ok, just to let some of you guys know, I might not be on as often because we are planning to move back to America so we are trying to save on money. This is like a little heads-up for you all.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Understood, roman_tic. Good luck with your moving.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey kids! I'm going to see if I can generate interest in this before moving on, and this might not happen for a long time, but I want this to be a serious role play guys. A serious one. Low in shippingness if possible even.

In the eutopian world of Caelum people can be brought back to life by sacrificing the lives of others and using the souls to reconstruct the soul that has left the body, a process called "Reincarnation" or "Ash Raising", but few people have ever had the procedure done, and only the rich and powerful can pay for the operation. The result is an "Innocent", called such because only a pure soul can be used to "fully" reconstruct a soul. Innocents are also granted powers, for reasons unknown. One may come back with the ability to move things with their mind, or to alter the weather, for example. Innocents are wise and brave beyond that of a normal human, for they have stood at death's door and come back alive. That is why they form the Custodia, the guardians of peace in our world.

Sadly our story does not revolve around this perfect world where the dead come back better off than before. Our story revolves around the rejects of this world. The distopian underbelly of Caelum, where the "Tainted " lurk. The Tainted are those who's souls were not pure, but the bodies still brought back to life. The "incomplete" souls. Though they hold many of the same properties as Innocents, Tainteds are considered demons, the rejected souls, and it is said that those who are tainted will eventually lose their souls and turn into monsters. Enter Ignis, or Iggy. A tainted son of the former world leader, brought back to life before being tainted was even conceived. He was only ten when he had died and been brought back to life, and it was only five years later that his father had died and a new Ducis (name for political leader, short for Dux Ducis) came about, preaching of the tainted who had been rumored of for three years, and declared that the Custodia would protect from the threat of the tainted. At the time Arthur, Ignis was labeled a tainted, and the hunt began for him and all the other "Mistakes" his father let happen. The tainted flocked to the wastelands outside of Caelum known as Abyssus, or just Abyss. It was land that the outlaws escaped to, and now the Tainteds did too. It was a harsh environment, abandoned by the government, filled with ruined cities, battered by nature, with only the slightest bit of civilization. This is where Ignis found himself maturing, in this broken world. Ten years later now fully Ignis, he frequently returns to Caelum, but not for vengeance, simply to save as many Tainted as he can from Caelum, and the Custodia. Ignis arrives on judgement day for the new batch of Innocents, after their several months of tests to see if they are truly innocent. You are part of this Judgment, and in the next hour Ignis will change your life forever. Be it save you from your unjust demise, or introduce you to you new targets. Welcome to the world of Caelum, and the fight of your life.

That's all I'm giving now, and if anybody is interested I might make this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Interest generated. However... well, I'm skyping you so you know my questions. ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:53 am

Awesome. I'm interested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure RP Forum Discussion   Adventure RP Forum Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventure RP Forum Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next