New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fay - T (Open)

Go down 
+4
TokoToTheEnd
Oblivion
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 pm

(Time skip to shortly after school.)

School could not end soon enough for Tadi. Morgan had showed up for the last period, but still his worry over her was there. Something had to have happened, for her to come back on her own, after deciding to skip. But there was no chance to ask her, as he hurried from the school and to the local library.

Whatever had happened, she hadn't been arrested, and, as much as it pained him, she would have to wait.

He was the first to reach the largest of the group studies at the library, but the others started trickling in only a few minutes later. Seven total had been asked to meet today, the number being a most favorable one. And these six others were the core members of Occult. Any help offered was accepted, of course, but if too many knew all of the details, it would be too easy for something to slip out, and then Eta would silence them.

"Almost everyone," Tadi said to those gathered. "Just Aire, and then we'll start."

---

Morgan slowly walked down a side-street, her head bowed as her feet scuffed against the sidewalk. She didn't want to head home, but yet the close encounter with the Enforcer had shaken her, just a little. And what if she had missed him the first time just for him to search her done?

She couldn't go home then. Maybe go play some telhitae at the park. That wasn't breaking the law; that was just being a normal teenager.

She gave a nod of her head and her feet turned towards home. She'd grab her ball and be off, before anybody was the wiser.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Hours filling out paper work that he was told, needed to be finished before he left; that's what treating, and saving the hides of, two young boys had earned him. He wasn't really regretting it...entirely, though his savings certainly took a hit; the Enforcers were taking a big reputation dive with the general public lately.

And by general public, that meant the youth.

Finishing up, Lewis straightened the stack of papers and set them in his out box, setting his sunglasses on his desk as he rubbed his eyes and temples in a weak attempt to ease his throbbing head.

Sometimes he wished he could just shout at people to shut their thoughts the hell up. He didn't need to hear about his co-workers collective mass of tedious thought garbage pouring out into the room. It was bad enough on a good day.

Turning on his monitor, he logged into his work station, sifting through some of the network files on Morgan Raye. His first search was redirected to an error page, which was frustrating as the network was working fine as far as he knew.

His second attempt was met with the same message. Scratching his head, head searched for the case number he was assigned for her truancy record, and sure enough that came up.

However, his third attempt to access more information on the girl was met with a road block: No Records Found.

Blinking in confusion, he stared at the type-face on the screen before shutting down his work station. Something very fishy was going on, but he didn't have time to consider it; school was already out, so he had to get moving if he was going to catch her.

-------------------------------------

Pulling around the corner of the busy intersection, Lewis finished scouting the last of what would have been Morgan's likely meeting areas; which was relatively small considering she likely go word of what happened earlier.

"Why do they always have to run?" he asked himself once again as he drove next to park. It was crowded today, and no reason it shouldn't be as it was rather sunny out. Prowling the edge of the park for identifying flags on surface thoughts, he continued on his way when he spotted a young girl on the sidewalk ahead.

From his distance, he couldn't tell for sure so as he pulled up, he directed his mind towards her to scan her thoughts. Pulling closer, her thoughts and her visage proved his suspicions wrong as he sighed in frustration, "Damn it," he cursed, moving to turn onto the next street.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:09 pm

Morgan's sour face brightened at the prospect of playing a few games. It had been awhile since she had visited that crowd--mostly because she and then had gotten into a large spat the last time. But hopefully they would still let her play.

She paused at the corner of the street, briefly glanced in all directions, and then dashed across the street, ignoring the blare of horns as traffic had to slow for her.

Once back on the sidewalk, she slowed back down to a walk, and her hands slid into the front pocket of her violet sweatshirt. No Enforcers, no Tadi nagging her, no nothing. Maybe today would be a good day after all.

---

“An Enforcer has been searching the records for your daughter.”

“Did you deter him?”

“He left before I got the chance. I told you your daughter needs to be controlled. I can’t keep her out of the system if she is allowed to roam free breaking whatever laws she pleases.”

“Don’t lecture me, James.”

“Just find her. It’s that mind reader, and while she knows nothing, I don’t want the two of them near each other.”

“Then keep better track of him.”

“Don’t lecture me, Aaron.”

There was a pause, and then he spoke. “Don’t worry, I’ll find her.”

“You better.” The hologram before Aaron Raye vanished, but the words lingered, sounding almost like a threat. James acted so high and mighty, just because he was in a position of power. That man could be so infuriating.

But there was no time for irritation. As annoying as the head of the Enforcers could be, he was right. Morgan needed located.

With a sigh, Aaron pushed himself up onto his feet. Who knew where that brat was. She had yet to come home, that was for sure.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Aire hurried as fast as she could. She knew she was late to the meeting. Trying to move faster, she didn't see Sterling in front of her. They collided, knocking both to the ground.

"Ompf!"

Aire blinked as her vision refocused. She saw Sterling starting to stand.

"Oh I am so sorry!"

Sterling looked at Aire and knew she meant it. That was one thing useful about his Natural. He knew if people were sincere or not. It weasn't pleasant sometimes, but iseful. She could also tell that she was worried and anxious.

"It's okay. You seem to be in a hurry, so I'll let it pass this time," he said, helping her stand. Aire flashed him an uneasy smile and conintued on. Once she was there, she gave Tadi a smile.

"Sorry."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Well, Kryon decided, he had good news and bad news. The good news was that he had found out that school got out at 3:30. The bad news was that he arrived at school at 3:15 so he had missed most of the day. Still, at least he knew where the school was now.

Thus, he was fairly optimistic as he searched for the little patch of nature these people kept in their city, what they called a "park". There, he could at leas set up his campsite until winter came. Then he'd have to see about finding a warmer one.

It was as he was having these thoughts that Kyron once again saw the girl from earlier. He decided to greet her.

"Hello," he said with a friendly smile, "My apologies for not introducing myself here. I am Kyron, Apprentice Shaman. I hope you are having a good day, Ms..."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Morgan turned at the voice, and suddenly she knew that this day was right back at where it had started. Hadn't she made it clear enough to this weirdo the first time that she wanted to be left alone?

"What do you want?" she asked. "I'm rather busy, and I sure as heck don't want to be seen with a backwoods weirdo." Okay, so maybe that was a little harsh. But she wasn't exactly in the best mood.

---

"No problem," Tadi said as the door clicked shut behind Aire. He placed a hand on the door, whispering a soft word. A grey, almost purple smoke slid out from underneath his hand and wrapped around the door's frame before disappearing.

A precaution, to make sure nobody from the outside could hear them.

The teen then walked back towards the front of the room, his hazel eyes flickering over each of the teens. Sometimes he wondered about the risks he put them in, but there was no help for it. He couldn’t do it all, and they had volunteered for this.

“Though we’ve kept up our meetings over the summer, I think that the first meeting of the school year is an excellent place to recap what we know, and what we suspect, to keep our minds fresh and our goals clear.

“Eta does exist. Hale Kroom is the only member we know for a fact. Pierre Nawroki is under suspicion, but there has yet to be anything remotely solid.

“Kai Sorus, Annie Bells, Pierce Kroom, and Tanya Kroom all died in service to Eta.” Tadi didn’t even blink as he spoke, having rehearsed this part of his speech many times. Two years, they had been dead and he had known the truth.

“We can safely assume that those four members have been replaced. This brings the total up to six, though I believe that there are seven.” He suspected Aaron Raye, of course, but nobody could know that, for Morgan’s sake.

“There seems to be at least one member newer than Hale, and this person has caused Hale, and Eta, a lot of grief. I don’t think that this person is working of his own free will.” Especially because of the conversation Tadi had overheard only last night.

“This is a large task, but it at least gives us something to go on. All of the news for this city needs searched, and anything that mentions kidnapping or anything similar thing needs researched. I don’t need to remind you to be extremely careful in doing this. I don’t want anything to happen to any of you.”
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:21 pm

"I'd settle for your name." Kyron stated, for the first time a frown appearing on his face. He didn't notice it before, but this girl is rude. But then, he suppose he did look weird in her eyes.

"Why wouldn't you want to be seen with me? Shamans were once important," he said, confused.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Morgan let out a sigh. This kid just wasn't going to leave her alone, was he? Ugh. Maybe today was just a good day to lock herself in her room and not come out. But then again, there was nothing to do trapped in her house.

"I wouldn't know that," she said. "Don't know, don't care." History--one of the classes she skipped the most. Talk about boring. She glanced towards him. "If I give you my name, will you leave me alone?"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:03 pm

"Sure. Why would I?" Kyron asked her, confused about her words and a little put out that she didn't know about Shamans. Did everyone forget about them? He had spent hours listening to Master Mhenlo speak of their ancient history, their lineage.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Morgan didn't say anything for a moment, as she looked over at Kyron, and then her gaze fell to the ground. "I'm Morgan," she said at last. "Now, kindly leave me alone. You irritate me." That was an understatement.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:52 pm

"You are a strange person," Kyron mused, heading towards the park with a shrug. He might as well set up his tent and get a campfire going. Then he could cook some rations.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 pm

As Lewis looked ahead, hands gripping the steering wheel, he tried to reevaluate his day; coming up with blanks as to how one thing had ended with his current quest. Lewis couldn't deny that he'd always had a bit of a natural curiosity, not an overwhelming one, but enough so that once something really stood out, he had to keep digging.

And the roadblock on his information search for Morgan had set up several red flags; he didn't know what, or why, so he was out here searching.

The streets were pretty much barren this time of day, though the roads were a far-cry from that description. Sifting through surface thoughts as he drove by, he noted that he'd relegate a squad to 8th Street have them bust the small group hanging there for drug smuggling.

Eyes on the road, he reached for his radio when something grabbed his attention and he pulled off to the side. Looking about himself for the source of the thoughts, he spotted a young boy in odd clothing walking down the street next to a girl; a girl of whom, his thoughts revealed, he had just recently become acquainted with.

The boy, thoughts flowing around the singular topic of how Shamans had apparently passed out of social knowledge, and his shock at finding out from the strange girl, Morgan.

Engine shutting off as he removed the key, Lewis stepped out of his car, and casually looked both ways before stepping onto the sidewalk. Morgan was a runner, he didn't need to read her file or mind to know it; she had the look about her.

He'd have to play this cool, calm, and with the professional acting skills that High School Drama classes had instilled...

"Hello there! Could you help me out? I'm looking for someone and seem to be lost..." Two years of Drama...as a stage hand...

Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:57 pm

A smile had started to form on Morgan's face, as the annoying Shaman walked away, but this smile quickly vanished as she was addressed by yet another stranger. She let out an annoyed sigh as her steps came to a halt. Was the entire universe against her or something?

"What do you want?" she asked, and then his question sunk into her mind. "I doubt I can help you, but I suppose you're going to ask my anyways."

All she had wanted to do was play a few rounds at The Circuit... What a lousy day this had turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 am

Lewis wrinkled his brow, "Oh, well I'm sorry to have bothered you then. You have a good day, young lady!" he said, turning on his heel towards his car, "The Circuit has to be somewhere around here..." he said offhandedly, and loud enough for Morgan to hear. If he pegged her right, he should have gotten her attention as soon as he said, "young lady."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 am

Morgan had started to turn away, but then she paused, her brow furrowed. Had she heard him right? On both accounts? She almost snorted with laughter, at being called a lady, but there was a more pressing matter. She took a step towards the stranger.

"What's The Circuit?" she asked him. Was this her chance to win some money, since none of the regular members would play her anymore, not for money? Or was he a threat?
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am

Lewis paused in his retreat as he turned to look at the girl, "Huh? Oh, well...I don't know," he said, scratching his head, "A friend of a friend kinda recommended the place; said I could really cut loose and have some fun...but he never really gave me any directions..." he said with a shrug.

"I mean, don't get me wrong; it's not typically something I usually do, but my friend persuaded me to give it a shot, so...what could it hurt?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 am

His vague answer caused Morgan to pause, and caused reality to slide back into place, as she really looked at him. He was young, it was true, but he was definently an adult. He couldn't be looking for the pale imitation, put on by children.

But it was odd, that he didn't even know what it was, and that he was in this area of town, looking for it. One didn't just stumble upon that Circuit, not easily. Odd, that this friend of a friend had said nothing.

Any trace of annoyance was now gone, replaced instead by both curiosity and confusion.

"Who is this friend of a friend? Maybe I know him."

---

(Okay, so... Not sure how best to describe this, so I guess I'll dive right into it, for The Circuit.

First off, gambling is illegal. As such, there are some "hidden" locations adults can go to gamble.

Second off, some of the unorganized mob members banded together after the chaos of Eta's betrayal, and then became an organized crime, who focused more on getting gain than on their previous goals of becoming an independent planet from LoP.

This group decided that the hidden gambling places would serve their purposes nicely. They took over those operations, but so smoothly that most people who go there haven't noticed a difference. It's a front, of sorts, for them.

Then, they also have a higher ring of gamblers, which includes teens. This is what is referred to as The Circuit. Those in this ring are those more willing to break the law, and are those that could be useful to the gang, or who purchase goods from the gang (such as drugs and the like).

The final level is that of the gang itself.

The Circuit Morgan goes to, with the others around her age, is kind of a prep stage. It eases kids into gambling, and allows the gang to take a look at potential new members.

So, The Circuit is both with the younger teens, and with the second level of the crime organization. They have the same name to have the teens be more comfortable and willing with stepping up into this harsher Circuit.

Morgan has participated a time or two in this higher level Circuit, but she's a little wary of it.

Eta is wary of this crime organization, as some of those members have a connection to Kai, who had a connection to Eta. As such, Eta much rather have this organization destroyed, but yet can't do so without bringing attention to themselves.

James doesn't want any Enforcers near this crime organization, but, while the organization isn't huge, he can't keep it from being investigated. However, the organization is fairly good at keeping each of it's levels separate, and keeping a pretty clean trail. As such, James hasn't had to cut too much info out of the Enforcer databases.

The crime organization isn't huge, but big enough cause problems from time-to-time.

Hopefully that all makes sense.)
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Lewis thought for a moment, then tiled his head slightly, making a show of looking about to make sure what he said didn't go farther than himself and Morgan, "Well, you see..." it was a stretch, a big one, but if there was a connection, "...his name is Tadi; an old acquaintance you could say. Know him?" he asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:35 pm

"Tadi?!"

The name came bursting from her mouth before she could stop it, before she had a chance to think of what to say. He would never... She took a wary step back. Something was not right here, not at all. How many arguments had the two of them had, over her gambling activities?

She gave a slight shake of her head, though the damage was already done. "I... I don't know who you're talking about."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Uh oh, was the singular though running through his head after the mental backlash he had received from Morgan; oh, she knew him alright, but his play at using him as his trump card back-fired royally.

Their cover was blown to bits; they both knew it, and Morgan was already trying to cover herself, even though she already knew it was pointless. So could this situation be salvaged? Taking a deep breath, he held up his hands in peace, "Alright, you got me; Tadi isn't that friend of a friend, but his name did come up," he said, maintaining the gap between them.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Come up?

Something really fishy was going on, and Morgan did not want to be a part of it. Tadi's name didn't just come up, not on this subject. She was not safe, not with this stranger.

"I've got to go," she said, and jiggled the backpack she had slung over her right shoulder. "Homework, and all." Without waiting for a response, she turned, and started walking.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Running a hand through his hair, he flicked his eyes back to the retreating form of Morgan, "Hey!" he called out, "Why don't I give you a ride home? We can talk on the way; anything you want to know."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Morgan's footsteps came to a halt, and she stood there a moment before turning to face the stranger. Her eyes were filled with mistrust as she stared at him, and then her gaze flickered towards his car. It would be nice... But what did he want from her? Why all of these questions? What did he want with Tadi?

She took a slow step forward, and again her eyes flickered between the man and the car. "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 pm

"Ah, damn," he muttered to himself, "Well, my name's Lewis, uh, Northwright." he said, scratching his head, "Ah, right, we haven't really had the custom formal introductions yet. Sorry about that; it's been a long day." he laughed, quirking the corners of his mouth into a casual smile.

"Whom do I have the pleasure of offering a ride home?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Ugh. She didn't want to tell him her name. But then again, she had asked first... "It's none of your business," Morgan said as she started for the car. "You don't need to know my name to take me home."

What was with the hesitation, when stating his name? But still she placed a hand on the handle of the door, and then glanced back at him. "Are we going, or not?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fay - T (Open)
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next