New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 am

Katara's breath hitched, and giving the earth bender a wry grin, she shrugged, "Sure, food sounds great, and you two can tell me what's been going on while I've been gone." Count on Toph to never miss a beat. It was one of those things that Katara loved about Toph, but was cursing right now. Maybe there was a way to stall and get them to tell her about themselves first.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:53 am

Aang

"I have." Aang said in a solemn voice. It was...horrible, hearing what had happened to those poor children. He could only imagine what their parents must be going through. Hopefully, though, they could find out the cause of these murders and put an end to it before any more people died.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

"Mm... Breakfast sounds great right about now," Sokka admitted with a grin as he started for the kitchens, only to stop when he realized he didn't know where they were. He asked, "Toph, do you know where we could get something to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Katara giggled, "Sokka, you're always hungry," but was cut short as her own stomach growled. Katara flushed as she looked at the two before her, "Right, so about that..." laughing uneasily.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:41 pm

The soldier nodded. "It isn't pretty, is it? There's a lot of tension in these parts, Avatar Aang. Folks are scared, and they're angry at us for not solving this matter. We are doing our best, but... Clues are few and far between, and we're grasping at straws." He sighed. "It's like we're dealing with a rogue spirit, instead of people."

"This is a military outpost. Or at least half of it is. We'll get a free meal in the mess hall," said Toph. She was quiet for a second, and then said, "It's this way."

She led the siblings down a few hallways and into another building. Inside were rows upon rows of tables, all facing a steaming kitchen. The cooks were more than happy to give them a quick supper, and before long they were sitting together at one of the tables.

Toph shoveled rice into her mouth. "Mmm... 'S good..."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:54 pm

"Mmm... Yeah," Sokka agreed, biting into some fruit before tucking into some meaty stew with gusto. Needless to say, he was ignoring all manners and making a pig of himself.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Toph just laughed at Sokka's poor manners. "A little hungry there, were you?" she said. "Score another point for me, then."

She ate with just as much gusto as he, but there was a certain refined nature to it, too, that betrayed her noble upbringing.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Sokka rolled his eyes, slurping the last of the broth. He paused for a moment, watching Toph eat. Strange. He had never noticed, but she never got any food on herself and ate.. nobly. Her movements were always refined, he noted, from her earthbending to her dining.

"It's part of my charm," he argued, "Never stopped you from eating next to me."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:49 pm

"Would you rather me not eat next to you?" she said, with a small smile as she moved on to her stew. She could feel the heat rising up from the bowl as she passed her hand over it. It was small rituals such as these that helped her know where and what she was eating.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:00 pm

"Well, you do make me look bad..." he started, as if seriously considering it. After shaking his head, he grinned, "Nah. You can eat next to me if you want."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 pm

Toph snickered. "Thanks so much for that, Snoozles," she said, giving him a friendly punch in the arm. It was a joke, but she meant it too.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:04 pm

"Yeah, I think I'm too nice sometimes," Sokka told her with a smirk, rubbing his arm as he did so. Hm, two punches and already, a bruise was beginning to form. He had been away from Toph for too long. He rubbed it, "You know, you can try other methods of affection."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:08 pm

"Don't fix what ain't broke, Sokka," she said, laughing. "I'm just toughing up that arm for ya, is all!" She settled in, setting her chin on one of her hands as she leaned forward. "So tell me about yourselves," she said, now speaking to Katara as well as Sokka. "It's been a long time, and I can't read letters or anything, so I have no idea what you've been up to."

It was obvious that she was also saying, "I missed you lunkheads," in her own Toph-ish way.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:15 pm

"Well, there was staying at Kyoshi Island... And leaving," Sokka replied, grimacing a little. That memory was still a sore spot for him. Quickly, he changed the subject, "I spent some time with Dad when I visited home, though. The Tribe looks better than ever. Katara's still Pakku's favorite, though. And then, I had fun traveling before I found a mask and got ambushed by about 100 soldiers. Then this blind earthbender rescued me. Do you know her?"
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 pm

"She sounds pretty awesome. I'd like to meet her one day."

Toph chuckled again. She did not linger on Sokka's story, though. She knew he was upset about his break-up with Suki, so why force him to dwell on it? She made sure to pat his shoulder to let him know she understood and sympathized.

"Me? I've been like some wanderer, helping out wherever and whenever I can. My paycheck comes from the Earth King, but I really get to do whatever I want. Freelance stuff, you know? It's been a lot of fun, though..." She tapped her cup of tea, frowning. "It'd been a lot more fun with you guys."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Sokka grinned wistfully, looking back fondly at the time of the War. Sure, most of the time, he was worried about being killed, but now, those seemed like the good ol' days.

"Well, I still have that traveling itch. I can join you after we take care of this mess here," he offered.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:43 am

"Sounds good Sokka," Said Katara after finishing off her stew. Placing the bowl on the table, she moved over beside him and leaned in, "What's happened on Kyoshi Island, Sokka?" she had noticed his avoidance of the Kyoshi Island subject, and had a good idea something happened. Placing a comforting arm around his shoulder, she let Sokka know she was there for him.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 pm

"Well, me and Suki, we sort of broke up," Sokka told her, frowning a bit. He had been hoping that Katara wouldn't ask him that.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Katara frowned, pulling Sokka into an embrace, "Oh, Sokka. I'm so sorry." Katara knew Sokka had to be hurting, "It'll be okay Sokka." She gave him a chaste kiss on his forehead, pulling him closer. She wouldn't press him for details, she'd let him tell her when he was ready.

"Well, I guess I should tell you guys what's been going on with me." she said, releasing Sokka and turning her gaze to her empty bowl, "You know I'm an Ambassador for the Water tribes, negotiating things between nations, and that's been going well. Aang, as you also know, is doing his part in keeping peace between the nations and maintaining the overall well-being of...well, everyone, I guess." Katara chuckled lightly before gaining a solemn look.

Turning her gaze to Sokka once again, she place a hand on his shoulder, "Sokka, I really am sorry I wasn't there for you. It really hurts me that I wasn't there for my own brother, and I will do everything in my power to make sure it never happens again."

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:15 pm

"A rogue spirit?" Aang thought for a moment, but decided to file away that thought for a later moment. It was an...interesting thought, and it might actually be plausible. When he had the chance, Aang would have to talk to Roku or one of his past lives to see if they knew any spirits that killed children.

"Well, I hope we can sort this all out before another murder happens. By the way, have my friends arrived yet? I heard they were coming, too." Aang said.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 pm

"Sheesh, Katara, I'm not a little kid. I'm fine," Sokka told her sheepishly, though he did hug her back. He was grateful for her kind words, but he wasn't the type to be broken up over a break-up with his girlfriend. He had grieved for months after Yue died. At least Suki was alive and, presumably, happy.

"Besides, I don't need protecting. I'm your older brother," he told her.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:05 pm

"That's the way families are," said Toph. "They look out for each other. And anything worth caring about is worth protecting."

The soldier nodded. "Yes. Yes, I think so, Avatar Aang. The Lady Katara arrived only a few minutes ago, as a matter of fact, and I believe I saw Master Sokka and the Lady Toph earlier. It's late, so they are either in the mess hall for supper, or in a room we set aside for them."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:15 pm

"Yeah, that's true," Sokka told her thoughtfully. It was rare when Toph actually voiced such thoughts aloud and he knew to be respectful when she did.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Toph seemed to realize she had just been wise, or something like that, because she coughed into her hand and grinned. "Of course it's true. I'm amazing, remember?" she said, pleased.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 pm

"Yeah, we mere mortals are lucky that you walk among us," Sokka told her dryly, easily slipping back into sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next