New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Big T

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Toph laughed. "Are you calling me a goddess?" she asked. "I mean, 'cause it's totally true, but I never thought you would admit to it, Mr. Southern Wolf."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:44 pm

"I was being sarcastic," Sokka told her, poking her side with a grin. If he was lucky, even Toph was ticklish.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Toph squirmed noticeably. She was ticklish, though she made a point of trying not to showcase it. "No kidding," she said, poking Sokka back.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Sokka smirked, having seen her reaction. He squirmed but poked again, "So, the Blind Bandit does have a weak point."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Aang

"Ok. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the mess hall?" Aang asked.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

"I can do better than that," said the soldier. "I will take you there myself, Avatar Aang." He bowed. "It is an honor to help you in any way I can. This way."

He led Aang towards a long building set against the rear-section of the complex. Once inside, they found themselves in a narrow hall lined by rows and rows of tables. The kitchen was on the far side.

Toph, who had been contemplating poking Sokka again, sensed Aang immediately. She stood, grinning. "Twinkle Toes! I'd know those fancy feet anywhere!"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Sokka blinked, looking around at the sound of Aang's nickname. He grinned at him and commented, "Wow. We just need Zuko and everyone would be here."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Aang

"It's great to see you too, Toph." Aang replied, giving his old friend a wide grin. He hugged Toph quickly, and then hugged Sokka once he noticed him.

"It's great to see you guys again. It's a shame Zuko can't be here. But the duties of being a Fire Lord must keep him very busy."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:29 pm

"Eh, he's just spoil everything with his moods," said Toph, smiling. She slugged Aang in the arm. "Besides, it was just us for the longest time. I'm sure we'll be okay."

As glad as she was to have her family with her again, Toph could not help but notice that Aang had not spoken to Katara, and that Katara had been silent for the longest time. That was weird. She figured they'd be all over each other.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 am

"Hey Aang," Katara hesitated before standing, "You're a little late. We're already done giving the Goddess Toph our undying praise. Isn't that right, oh beautiful and mighty one?" she smirked as her heartbeat hitched.

"Anyways," Katara said, trying to change the topic, "As I understand it, Toph saved Sokka from some irate guards. You must be here for the same thing we all are...the murders." Katara whispered the last part, knowing that the guards and soldiers were already at ill-ease as it was.

Koh unfurled his body from around his tree, pulling his head from the dark portal he had opened in it. He had his Noah Mask face on, not quite needing to use his newest trophies. Things had been set in motion, and his reunion with Aang would be soon enough. If anything, Koh was never one to break his promises...

It had been a long time since he had left his tree, but there were preparations to be made. A cruel smile twisted his features as he left his tree behind, slithering his way down into the forests and swamps of the spirit world.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Toph lifted a slim brow. Huh. That was weird. She had noticed the leap in Katara's heartbeat just then, and she really could not understand why. Katara had changed the subject, but that didn't change what had just happened.

Has something happened while we were all separated?

It was possible, she supposed. She had not had many letters from them. Not only were they far too busy, she couldn't read, and somehow having someone else read personal letters for her was not exactly her ideal wish.

"Trouble follows us around, basically," she said. It was a solemn jest, though, because she knew children were being killed. Heck, at only fourteen, she was probably still a child to a lot of people.

A soldier approached them. He bowed. "Pardon me, but I thought you should know... Captain Gen Li has returned."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Katara noted Toph's solemn tone. Sadly, they did seem to have a knack for misfortune, but they always found a way to prevail. At the guard's entrance, she gave him a wry smile, "Well, it seems we'll be able to get some details, finally."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:00 pm

"And find the psychos that are doing this," Sokka finished. He too noticed Katara and Aang's abnormal behavior. They hadn't even said hi to one another. He'd have thought he'd see them making out or something. He glanced at Toph and tapped her shoulder.

"Maybe we should go and find the Captain," he whispered. Miraculously, he had learned some tact over the years, "I think Aang and Katara might need to talk."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 pm

"Probably," she whispered back. "But they're here to help with these child murders, so they'll need to hear what's going on."

"I can take you to the captain," said the soldier. "He's expecting you." He glanced at Sokka. "Well, some of you, but I am sure he will be glad to have your assistance either way, Master Sokka."

The soldier led them out of the mess hall and to the main hub of the fortress. They walked into a foyer and then up a stairwell, where they found themselves in a room that faced most of the surrounding area.

Captain Gen Li stood behind a desk. He nodded as they entered. "I'm glad you decided to come," he said. "We are in dire straights, I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Aang

"We're here to do whatever we can to help, Captain Li." Aang said, giving him a respectable bow. As Aang got back up he noticed another man standing at Li's side. The man was completely bald, had no facial hair, and had an eye patch over his left eye. He also wore a military uniform, but nothing that really indicated his rank. Aang was an eyebrow, curious about the guy. But he wasn't sure if it would be polite to ask Li about the man.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 pm

"This is my right hand man, so to speak," said Gen Li, gesturing towards the man. "He has been assisting me in this investigation. You may speak freely before him."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm

"So, do you mind telling me why none of your men recognized me and almost made sure I'd never see daylight again?" Sokka asked, still a little indignant over his treatment.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Gen Li lifted a brow. "I'm afraid I'm not responsible for my men's memories," he said. "As it is, I am afraid I cannot offer you too great an apology. It may have inconvenienced you somewhat, but there is a crisis in these lands. Where there is suspicion, we must take action. You understand..."

He cleared his throat.

"As to that business, I am sure you have heard of the recent string of murders in Tang Province?"

Toph nodded. "Yeah. A bunch of kids, right?"

"Yes. There have been five so far, the youngest being six and the oldest fourteen. They were all taken from their homes. This mark is always found where they were last seen."

The captain showed the team a piece of parchment. On it was scrawled a strange sigil.

"It is not a symbol we know," admitted Gen Li. "It may be an ancient script of some sorts, but that is only a guess. All we know is that this symbol is found where the children were last seen alive, and that is one way in which we have connected the crimes."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:20 am

Keeping her voice down, Katara muttered offhand to the others as she observed the symbol, "If Wan Shi Tong hadn't sunk his library, it'd be the perfect place to get information on this."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 am

"Yeah... Sorry about that," Sokka apologized, scratching his head. At the time, he had thought the eclipse plan would work out, but it ended up being a disaster. Now it was gone. Where else would they find an information?

"Wait! We have our own portable library right here!" he exclaimed. He turned to Aang, "You said you could speak to your past lives, right? Why not do your Avatar thing and ask them about the symbol?"
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:51 pm

"Sokka," Katara said smiling, "That's a great idea. Maybe one of them have seen something like it, especially with as far back as they go." It amazed her, that Sokka had a knack for throwing out good ideas occasionally...not counting trying to guess King Bumi's name.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 pm

"Do you think you could do something like that, Avatar Aang?" said Gen Li. The captain handed the boy the parchment. "We know it must be important. As I said, it is always found near where the children were last seen, and..." He paled. "And near their bodies, when they are finally found."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Aang

Aang grew silent, however, and did not respond to what Sokka and Katara said. His eyes were focused on the strange and unknown symbol. After a moment Aang's tattoos and eyes glowed bright blue. He then proceeded to speak in a voice that did not belong to him.

"I am Avatar Kuruk," he spoke. "And I recognize that file symbol. It is the calling card of the same monster that stole the face of my bride."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Sokka's eyes widened. He had no idea that Aang would recognize it so quickly. He looked at Aang and said quietly, still intimidated by his Avatar powers even after knowing him for so long.

"What monster? And the monsters taking more than faces," Sokka asked then informed Kuruk's spirit.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Kuruk

"Koh, the Face-Stealer." Avatar Kuruk spat out. "He is one of the oldest and most powerful spirits in the Spirit World. When you are in his presence, if you show any sort of emotion, then Koh will steal your face. He has done this countless times over the centuries. When I was Avatar, he stole the face of my wife-to-be. I attempted to slay him, but I was unsuccessful."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer   Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Clan of the Face Stealer
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next