New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fay - T (Open)

Go down 
+4
TokoToTheEnd
Oblivion
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:49 pm

"Well, I don't exactly have a house. Plus, I've lived in tents a lot," he told her with a shrug, "What are you shopping for?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm

"Stuff." She glanced back at Kyron again, ignoring his explanation for the tent--everyone knew Shamans were weird.. "You're not planning on tagging along, are you?"

Because I don't plan on paying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:25 pm

"I don't know. I don't really have anything better to do," Kyron told her with a shrug, "And I don't like most of the people I've met in this school."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm

She opened her mouth to reply, but then paused as her brow furrowed. "Wait a minute... Don't tell me you like me." She groaned at that thought. "That's what I try to avoid... Anyways, I don't like you, so go away."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 pm

"You're strange. More than any other person in this school," Kyron told her with a shrug, clearly amused at this turn of events, "Where do you want me to go?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 pm

"I'm glad I entertain you," Morgan mumbled. She fell silent after that, instead of answering his question. Like she cared where he went, as long as he left her alone. She slid her hands into her shirt pocket and watched the cars as they zoomed past her.

One was an old man, with his wife in the other seat. One was a group of teenage girls, all laughing together and having a great time. Another was a serious man in a business suit. And another was a mother and her five children. Then there was a man, with his young daughter sitting beside him. They were both smiling, and the young child had her arms wrapped around her father's arm.

Morgan's eyes watered slightly at the scene and she was glad when they whipped right on by. Life wasn't fair.

She stopped watching the cars then, and instead scanned the small stores that surrounded her from both sides of the street. What was she in the mood for today?

And how long was that dang Shaman going to follow her?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Kyron frowned, watching the girl. He was a little hurt of her cold dismissal of him, but he couldn't blame her. She didn't know him and she wasn't the type to open up. He raised an eyebrow at what he thought were tears in her eyes but said nothing.

"I'm glad I met you," he told her with a shrug as he continued following her, almost like a lost puppy.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:46 pm

"Well, I don't feel the same way." Morgan paused, watching the cars as they rushed by. Seeing a small break, she dashed across the street. Several horns blared at her, but she simply smiled and waved back.

Once safely on the other side of the street, she turned and gave a half-wave at Kyron, daring him to do the same as she.

Let's see if you have guts.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Kyron felt himself blink at the crazy behavior of his new 'friend'. He saw her wave and he grinned, recognizing a challenge.

He ran into the traffic, hearing horns blaze around him. His eyes widened when he saw a semi heading towards him when he was halfway across the road.

Instinctively, he shouted, "Jump!"

Feeling empowered by the Natural and the word, he leaped high into the air before he landed on top of the truck. He staggered and almost fell off, but he muttered the word again and jumped towards Morgan. He landed into a crouch and grinned at her.

"I use that for climbing trees. Landing on moving objects is... difficult," he commented.

(Hope his use of Nil was okay.)

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 pm

(Don't have time to post at the moment, but... The Nil isn't quite like that. I'll just show you, as that's easier than trying to explain. And showing would probably help best to get rid of any confusion. Here's a few examples from the collab that inspired this RP:

"C'mon," he muttered and then leapt into the air, his jump fueled both by his Natural and by his Word.

"Faster," he hissed to himself and he felt his speed increasing, but he also knew that he was going to wear out soon.

"Heal," she whispered, pressing her hand against her head, where it hurt worst.

So, a word is used to release the built-up energy. It could be any word, but the lesser skilled tend to use a word close to what they want to do, such as the 'heal' command. And it's an instantaneous thing.

Hopefully that helps clear up how it works!)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 pm

(Edited it. Hope that's satisfactory. Thanks for the help.)
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 pm

(That’s good.)

“Hmph.” She folded her arms and turned away from him. “I could have done that with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back.”

Before he could have the chance to make her prove her words, she started walking again, heading for a game store—Pilott’s. One could never have too many decks of cards.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:16 pm

"This is your home. Of course you could have done better," Kyron told her with a frown as he followed Morgan, "Try doing that at 100 feet."

He blinked as he entered the game store, confused by all the brightly colored boxes and objects.

"Where are we?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

Morgan sighed softly and then ducked down behind a table of marked down items as the cashier looked her way.

"Get out of here unless you're actually buying something," the middle-aged woman growled at her.

The teen bit her lip, then slowly straightened up and pulled some coins out of her pocket, jiggling them about to show that she did have money. "I'm buying."

She then disappeared further into the store, heading for the card aisle.

The cashier turned her attention to the Shaman. "You're with her, aren't you? Make sure she doesn't try stealing anything."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:19 pm

"Of course," Kyron told the old woman in surprise. He watched Morgan. Why would the middle-aged woman expect her to steal something.

He followed her into the card aisle, raising an eyebrow at some of the cards, "What are these?"

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

"Cards," Morgan answered as she took a sealed deck off of the shelf. She held the light blue box to her ear and shook it silghtly, smiling at the small sound the cards made. "For games. You really are clueless."

She set the deck down and picked up a different one, glancing at the back of the box to study the design.

"If you want to win at anything, you have to have good cards."

Or, you just have to be me.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm

"Ah, yeah," Kyron noted thoughtfully as he picked up a card, "Master Mhenlo gave me a few cards. They were wooden though and I never had anyone to play with."

"These symbols look familiar," he murmured, pointed at a few designs on the card.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Morgan leaned over, to stare at the box he held, then snorted and went back to looking through the decks. "Fay, Natural, Nil, and Nature. It's no surprise you've seen them before. They're the symbols on most cards."

What was she doing, talking to him? Tadi was really the only one that ever talked to her, and he had a way of infuriating her, though he never tried to make her angry. But this Shaman... He was stupid, foolish, and wouldn't leave her alone.

Ugh.

She picked out five different decks, slid two into her sweatshirt pocket, then glanced over at Kyron, just daring him to say something.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Kyron frowned, initially scandalized by Morgan's blatant stealing. His mouth opened slightly, perhaps to say something or alert the clerk, but he remembered his master's advice from just before he left home:

City ways are not our ways. Like the jungle cat, adapt, but retain your spirit.

He shut his mouth. In this different environment, he did need to adapt, like Master Mhenlo said. Perhaps this wasn't exactly what he had in mind, but alienating Morgan could make her leave him alone and didn't Mhenlo often say that it was the lone wolf that was the saddest of all predators.

Thus, he smirked at her and mouthed, One for me.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:02 pm

She frowned. 'No,' she mouthed back. "Get your own."

She was the one taking the risk, the one who would have to pay the price if she was caught. There was no way she was just handing over one of her decks to him. He didn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm being silent, aren't I, the Shaman argued, crossing his arms, still grinning at the girl. She had to make up for him compromising his morals somehow.

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Morgan opened her mouth to respond, but found she had nothing to say, aside from yelling at him, and that would only result in him opening his mouth.

With a growl, she turned and stomped towards the cashier. She had no intention of giving the Shaman a deck, but he didn't need to know that.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Kyron followed her, grinning as he wondered if she'd actually give one of the decks to him. He didn't see why not as she didn't pay for them. Besides, who would need more than one deck?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:51 pm

The cashier rang up the three decks, and then took the money Morgan offered her. She smiled sweetly up at the older woman and took her decks off of the counter.

"Thank you kindly," she said and started for the door, feeling the cashier's suspicious glare on her as she left.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 pm

As soon as they were outside the store, Kyron commented, torn between praise and disapproval, "You seem to have a lot of practice with this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fay - T (Open)
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next