New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fay - T (Open)

Go down 
+4
TokoToTheEnd
Oblivion
Sarcastic Master
Casey Jewels
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:44 pm

Kryron gulped, shivering a little at the lich's magic, but nodding and stepping into the house nonetheless. It wouldn't do to show fear. He fingered the necklace of animal teeth her wore around his neck unconsciously, a bad habit from his childhood.

He breathed out slowly, "You're not natural to the Fay. You are different, outside of it. Your Nils are of something else."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 pm

"I am not afraid," Morgan growled, speaking over Kyron. How had he been able to tell? And so easily too? Her knees weren't shaking, were they? No, a quick glance showed that they weren't. She wasn't breathing heavily, wasn't stammering. How could he read her so easily?

"Now what the crap is going on?"

Her words were directed at all three of those who stood in the room, as even the annoying Kyron seemed to know more than her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:01 am

"Boy, you powers of observation are astounding; however, I believe it is you extrasensory perceptive capabilities that brought you here. I am surprised that you could sense me at all. Now as to your question..." he said, directing it towards Morgan, "I am here as your father is under suspicion, I know not what of; however, various small increments spread out over time...have been disappearing."

Turning towards his small audience, "Under reason of suspicion, Aaron Raye, I hereby place you under arrest. All materials pertaining to, and otherwise involved with, this project of yours, is the be immediately turned over to the League of Planets. Do come quietly and peacefully."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:34 am

"Wha...?" Morgan's mouth dropped open as she glanced back and forth between the creepy thing and the man who was supposed to be her father. She and her father never got along, that was true, but... The League of Planets was after him? For suspicion? But of what?

Aaron turned fully to face the officer, a slight frown on his face. "Suspicion is hardly a reason to arrest someone, sir. I will come with you, peacefully, but not as some criminal when I have done nothing wrong." He turned, leaving the room to cross over to his office.

"And Morgan," he called over his shoulder. "I suggest that you leave all stolen materials behind, including your new decks."

The girl in question started. He had noticed?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 4:53 pm

"I can sense... wrongness," Kyron admitted quietly to the man. His eyes widened at the mention of the League of Planets. Even in the wilds, he had heard of them. It was the government of the off-worlders. Why would they send someone just for Morgan's father?

He frowned and whispered to Morgan, "I could feel his wrongness from across the town. It's my Natural."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:59 am

Xorn noted what Aaron had said, "Suspicion is grounds for arrest, in my opinion at least. You mortals follow a broken and imperfect justice system, but at least you try. You, are guilty unless you can otherwise prove your innocence, and I require all materials, paper or electronic, of you little project.

"Any illegal or stolen materials in the girl's possession will be handled in due time, and for the time being, will also need to be turned over to me." He turned to the boy, his voice taking a more unnatural, raspy tone, "And if you believe me to be unnatural and wrong...you have yet to live the many mortal lifetimes as I. Understand, there are far older, far more terrible things in this galaxy than your mortal comprehension can even begin to grasp."

Running his gloved hand through his loose, stringy white hair, "Now, if you don't mind, these disruptions are not very amusing. Please gather your things and let us be on our way."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

He was going to take her cards?

But why?

Morgan slid her hands into her sweatshirt pocket, which protectively curled around the worn deck found there. He had no right. He wasn't an Enforcer. He wasn't even from this planet. Why did he care about a few stolen cards?

She took a slow step back, away from the officer. There were no words from her, but simply a look of distrust in her eyes. Her body tensed up to bolt, but she didn't move, not yet.

Aaron stepped back into the room with a large stack of papers in his hands. He set them down on the table, and then headed back to the office to grab the little bit he had missed. He said nothing to Xorn, as further words were useless.

He was under suspicion, and that was all. There was no reason to further their suspicion.

He set the second, smaller stack of papers, next to the first, and then stepped back, at attention to the officer. "Shall we get this over with?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:58 pm

Kyron shivered at the sight of the man's face hovering over him and what he said. He didn't like this, not at all. Why couldn't they leave this planet alone? He certainly understood his master's low opinion of off-worlders now. They had beings like this in charge.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Xorn looked over the papers, his mostly skeletal face unable to show anything other than stoicism. Nearly everything seemed to be in order, other than whatever lay hidden behind the painting. The day seemed to be growing more interesting, to say the least. He honestly had intended to only question Mr. Raye, however, the sheer number of enchantments coating the house alerted him that the suspicions against him were well-founded.

Morgan's movements did not go unnoticed, as little did, but he did not much care. He had already explained that he was not here for her ill-gotten merchandise, even if he had not phased such clearly. Mortals were so susceptible to misinterpretations, "Do not do anything rash, child. Running is not in your best options, and if I deem your cards evidence, they shall be relinquished to my possession."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:37 pm

"Evidence for what?" Morgan shot at the officer. "Whatever my dad's been doing? Because that's just ridiculous." She turned, grasped onto Kyron's arm, and started for the door. "Let's go. This is obviously a grown-up discussion."

She didn't take more than a few steps, however, before her father spoke.

"Morgan, don't."

She paused, before slowly turning around to face the man. "Do," she responded, before proceeding to continue on her way.

Aaron's expression flickered into a frown and he strode forward. She flinched back, half expecting to be hit, but he simply wrapped a hand around her wrist, effectively stopping her from going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Xorn simply observed the act before him. The girl had audacity, and determination, to be so bold in spite of her fear...he would indeed have to request his superior officers that he take her on as an apprentice. The boy, Kyron, also showed promise; however, his power seemed bound to nature, and would be limited; however, such fancies should be averted till better circumstances.

"Mr. Raye, if you would not mind, could you show me what is behind that portrait?" Xorn inquired, not at all tying to disguise his tone.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Aaron's grip on his daughter tightened, and she squealed at the pain, releasing her grip on Kyron in order to claw at the hand that was holding her. Her foot smashed down onto her father's, but he pretended not to notice as he pulled her away from the door.

"It is simply a storage room, for discarded ideas." He stared down at his struggling daughter for a moment, and then up at the painting. "If you would be so kind as to hold onto my daughter..." He released her, shoving her towards Xorn.

The man then took a few steps towards the painting and held out a hand. The invisible energy of Fay was all around him, disrupted only by the officer. "Open," Aaron said, and swept his hand to the left. The energy flowed through him, the word all that was needed to set it free. The portrait swung open, revealing the smaller office within.

A computer sat in the center of the room, surrounded by books, papers, and a handful of drawing supplies.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Xorn swiftly caught the girl in his skeletal hands, "Surely? Then you would not mind if I were to confiscate all of those materials as well. When I said that I required all materials pertaining to this project of yours, I meant just so. I there is anything else you have not told me about, it would be in your best interest to tell me."

Checking over the girl, she seemed to be unharmed, and to be sure she did not try to escape, a minor charm spell was cast via the contact of his hand on her shoulder. He guided Morgan into the hidden room as he began to look over the various books and drawings.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Morgan flinched as she found herself in the creepy officer's grip, but her disgust for him was overshadowed by the secret room. She could only stare around her, uncertain of where this place had come from. Had this room always been here?

"Much of this is so old that it no longer applies to the project. I did not think it worth turning over." Aaron looked over each pile, searching for those that applied to the project. Until this moment, he hadn't realized there was so much junk in here, but he silently thanked the spirits that he had never cleaned the place out.

He cleared off the computer desk and then set all of the requested material there, the stack just a little larger than the one he had left in the library.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Xorn looked over the papers, even browsing the files on the screen; turning to Aaron, "Very well, then I should take all of this into custody to be analyzed. As I have said before, you and your daughter will be coming with me, as well as the boy. If you would but give me a moment, we will be on our way."

From within his coat, he pulled a small enchanted bag, out of which were taken several small enchanted boxes. Xorn began gathering the papers, notes and sketches, as well as the books and computer; filing them away into their own designated box. Quickly finishing up, the boxes were placed back into the small bag, which was promptly returned to his coat.

"My apologies for the inconvenience," Xorn said with mildly hidden sarcasm, but retaining his professionalism; stretching out his hand towards the portrait entrance, "After you."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Kyron frowned a bit. He really didn't like the the guy and it wasn't just because of the feeling he gave him. He glared at Xorn and spoke up.

"Do you mind telling us what you're charging us with?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:28 pm

"Where are you taking us?" Morgan's voice was calmer than before, and she stood in the same spot that the officer had released her at. She couldn't explain it, why she hadn't moved, but she just hadn't. Her anger was still there, but it was almost as if something had pressed a mute button on it, and she couldn't turn it back up.

"We're not leaving Fay, are we?" As slow as she could be at times, she understood very well what leaving the planet did to magic.

Aaron stepped out of the hidden office, but Morgan simply folded her arms across her chest. She would not move until she got her answer. Her scared eyes flickered to Kyron, but she had no answers to give him. She understood this less than he did.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:35 am

"Children, you are being charged with nothing; I merely have questions for you. Mr. Raye, however, is only being taken into custody on reasons of suspicion, and furthermore, has yet to be charged with anything." He more than understood Morgan's worry about leaving the planet, but such worry was unnecessary as the League of Planets had a station in orbit above the planet.

Certainly their magic would become significantly weak, never-the-less, there would be no adverse effects; unless their biology completely depended on the magic. Leading Morgan out of the hidden office, he turned to Aaron.

"Mr. Raye, I am not quite certain of the law enforcing customs of your planet; however, the customs on mine are along the lines of: You have the right to remain silent; anything you say can and may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney; if you can not afford one, one will be appointed. Do you understand these rights as I have said them to you?"
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:46 am

"I understand," Aaron responded. He took a hold of Morgan's wrist as she was led out, signalling with a nod of his head at the officer that he had her. She glared up at her father and tried, once, to tug away, but the attempt did her no good.

"I'm not coming."

He simply yanked her forward as he moved, and she stumbled after. What had the officer done to her? She was hardly resisting at all.

He turned his gaze to the boy. "You merely happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. As we have never met before, I doubt you will be kept long."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm

"I still don't like this," Kyron told Aaron with a frown as he followed the strange man. Really, what could he do? He had the authority of the League of Planets and he wasn't about to leave Morgan alone in this.

He sighed and murmured, "This is what happens when you leave the jungle."
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:20 pm

"The jungles have nothing to do with anything, boy. Your jungle can not stop time or progress, and your introduction into the 'civilized' world, was an inevitability." Xorn open the doors to the vehicle, motioning Aaron to sit in the front, Morgan and Kyron in the back. "Come now, it is not necessary to terry any longer."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:52 pm

Morgan's eyes widened at the sight of the open doors, and she lurched away, trying to bolt. "No!"

Aaron's grip on her tightened and he used her own momentum against her by swinging her into the car. She screeched in surprise and tried to pull back, but he simply placed her on the seat and buckled her in.

"Stay," he grunted at her, and then sat in the front seat.

Stay?

Stay?!

She stared with wide eyes first at her father, and then at the creepy officer. Stay, when she didn't know what was going to happen to her?
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Xorn watched as Morgan tried to defy her father, fighting the spell that was placed on her. Weak as the spell was, for her to be fighting it as she was...she certainly had potential. Yes, he would suggest she be made his apprentice as soon as they were in custody. It is not very often that such a fiery and determined will arises, and he would not allow her talent to be wasted...

He looked over to the boy, Kyron, "Well? Get in boy. I assure you that this construct shall not harm you; at least, not intentionally. But I digress."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:07 am

Kyron grimaced seeing that he head no real choice. If he tried running away, the officer would just immobilize him with a spell and then he didn't know what would happen next. He sat in the backseat of the car, eying the construct warily. He had never been in a car before and this wasn't how he wanted his first time to be.

"Just let us go soon," he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 am

Closing the door, Xorn walked around to the driver's side, easing himself in as he started up the engine, "So be it. We have wasted enough time with these shenanigans." Closing his door, he said to Kyron, "You might want to ask Morgan how to fasten your safety restraints. I would prefer to wait until such was done, however, given the circumstances...try not to panic."

Xorn pulled out into the road, coating the vehicle in a protective ward as he headed back towards the docking station. Typing into the dashboard computer, he sent ahead a message to his superiors that he had Aaron Raye, his daughter, and a young boy in his custody, and that he was bringing them in for questioning, as well as having possible evidence or suspicious subject matter that needed analysis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fay - T (Open) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fay - T (Open)
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next