New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Succession: Rebellion

Go down 
+5
roman_tic_kataang
Alec
TokoToTheEnd
ConfusedShipper123
Magus1108
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
hogaki

hogaki

Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Nix
Nix pulled out his note book and opened it to a seemingly random page. The page in question was one of the few pages that Nix keep under lock and key. If any other person tried to open to this page, the book wouldn't open and (as an added bonus) give the person an extremely painful shock.

"I know some, nasty stuff that. Picked it up from the ruined tower of a Dwarf bloodmage far to the west. I'll need to know more about the spell before I can promise anything." He said scanning his notes with a fierce intensity, this was one magical area of study that he did not mess around with.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm

"Well, with me, it's easy. I say the magic words and hold up a finger. It glows and then, if the person I'm casting on glows, we're related. You'd need a drop of blood preserved in something to cast it. And no, I'm not giving you any of mine," Nebi told Nix with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

Nell turned to look at Kate, already knowing she was approaching him.

"You don't have to yell Kate. I have very good hearing," he said, one of his ears twitching as he said this.
----------
"Pretty good," Sunny said. She actually was feeling kind of homesick. Not of her actual home but of the Empire. Still she had a job to do and Sunny wasn't going to complain. "I just wish we would make some progress."
----------
"You were attacked," Chris said, not hiding her surprised. She didn't think people would attack him being who he was, but then again Chris liked to think of the good in people. She sighed and finished what she was doing, "Will you be able to head back or would you like to rest?"
----------
Mab remained silent as she pondered her relationship with Carlisle. She had thought about it before now, but she rarely did. The subject always ended up making her feel awkward, upset or both. And she didn't want to alarm Carlisle in anyways. Actually discussing it outloud would only make it worse.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Nix
"Hmm.... That seems doable." Nix grunted, skimming to yet another page. ".......'For best results in spell augmentation, use child (ideally) of the ages 3-7. These ages have a 100% survivability rate. Subjects exceeding these ages have survivability of 64%.' So we need a young kid, an empty reliquary (at least that's easy), and maybe 3 wizards of my magical prowess." Nix said after a quick study. "Mind you, that's the extremely simple version with best case scenario. Even if we had all of that, Id need three weeks to come up with all the little details."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

"Wow, I didn't know you were serious," Nebi commented with a frown. He crossed his arms, "I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this."
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Nix
" The more heirs we have, the better chance the rebellion has. At the very least, it will help us identify new heirs before Tsuba. Your comfort would be a small price." Nix said, somewhat annoyed that Nebi's squeamishness. "If its the kid thing your worried about, there's no danger.... for them. Just one tiny jab and (theoretically) its done. No worse than your average splitter (in theory). You, on the other hand, barely have a 50/50 chance if we used you."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Nebi frowned at him, crossing his arms. He was silent for a moment, but, at last, he spoke, "What will you be doing to the child?"
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Nix
Nix flipped the book to show Nebi a cross section of an arm. "We cut in just below the elbow, place the reliquary under the vein, and then remove and seal the wound. Cake walk, if you know what your doing." He turned the page, show diagrams relating the transfer of energy stored in blood to magic. "Children, especially those who posses magical talent, have the purest form of magic energy. Life force. Using what life force is stored in their blood, we cant alter this spell greatly. And it would only cost.....roughly a day of life at most. The same goes for the casters."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Nebi frowned a the mention of the price, "No. I won't condone that. We will find another way to find the other Heirs if we need to find them. I'm not really sure we need to either way. With the exception of Caesar and Tsuba, they're all good people."
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Nix
"You ASSUME they're good." Nix corrected. "But I'll abide by your wishes...for now." He closed his book and placed back in his pocket, but he left a book mark on the page just in case. "Lets hold the subject for later, I may convince you one of these days my friend."

Nix cracked his neck and yawned. "Blast this tedium. Lets go and see if Hazuki has anything for us to do. Patrol would be preferable at this point." Nix droned, despite his distaste of what he considered 'grunt work'.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 am

Atiya

Atiya giggled in delight as she kicked the ball back over to her new friend. This was so great! She'd forgotten what it was like to play with other kids. Playing with her family was still good, too, but this was even better! Atiya really hoped that she'd be able to play with Alain a lot before they had to leave this place.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:20 pm

Nebi eyed Nix suspiciously and frowned a little. He would have to be wary around his new friend for now on. His lack of morals was disturbing to him. He nodded in agreement and gave him a grin, "Sounds good to me."
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:29 pm

Gaita
Gaita walked back to camp, an elf named Rito following behind her and his brother Tialal behind him. Gravel crunched beneath her new boots, a gift from the armory manager (he had also given Nix a sword, but the stubborn ass refused her training at every turn). Most of her armor was second hand, but it fit well and Gaita had to admit she was more than grateful to be out of that civilian gear Nix forced her to wear.

The tunic was leather with a thin layer of chain mail just under the surface with another layer of leather on the inside for comfort, sadly it was missing both sleeves (a hint of what happened to the previous owner if there ever was one) . The greaves where just leather, as mobility was a must for her. She had even been given gloves, which fairly well, made of leather with a layer of iron on the back of her hands.

She waved goodbye to the two elves and went to find Nix, both to scold him for skipping patrol for the fourteenth time in a row and for avoiding his sword lessons. After a few minutes of searching, she found him, bothering Nebi as usual.

"Good morning Nebi." She greeted as she turned to Nix. "And you, dont think skipping patrol will get you out of practice later."
((sorry to get off track, but I wanted to get Gaita back in and git rid of skimpy outfit she wear in the pic I choose.)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 pm

(I understand.)

"Good morning. Have to say, I miss your old outfit, but you look like a fighter with this one," he told her with a grin.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Nix
"Ho, practice.....uhh.....I was just going with Nebi for patrol duty, to make up for skipping out on you." Nix said hurriedly, side stepping Gaita quickly and bolting down the hall. Public embarrassment was better then Gatia's training, that was for damn sure.

Gaita
"Thank you Nebi." Gaita said, annoyed at Nix bailing on her yet again. "Make sure he dosn't offended Hazuki.....Im going to go get some sleep."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:20 pm

"Don't worry, I won't. If he does, I'll do my best to make sure she forgets all about him," he told her with a grin before following after Nix. He could risk annoying Hazuki a little. After all, he was irreplaceable for this faction.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Nix
"I see you decided to join me!" Nix yelled at Nebi. "By the way, Where the hell is she?" Nix asked. How had she spent weeks here and still not know how to find Hazuki of all people?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:34 am

"I have no clue. I think she might either be in her 'war room' or shouting orders at someone. Take your pick," Nebi told him with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:54 pm

"Maybe I'll be able to pay Hazuki back for crating me..." Nix said sourly, still somewhat sore about his earlier mistreatment. "Anyway, war room it is. Lead the way o fearless king." He joked.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 pm

"That's Emperor, peasant!" Nebi shot back with a laugh as the walked down the hall. After about ten minutes of searching, he knocked on the door before bursting in.
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Nix
The room was lit dimly by candles hanging off a cheap iron chandelier on the ceiling. Several maps hung from the walls and held under cups on tables, each detailing friendly and known enemy locations. Most notably, a small map of the capital city hung on the all with large red X's showing rebel safe house or suplly lines. Nix quickly memorized the map as best he could without drawing attention.

"Hmm, rather tactless for a would be emperor, aren't you?" Nix chuckled as he walked past his pseudo-friend.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:15 pm

"Um, I don't know if you've studied history or heard about Tsuba lately, but Emperors tend to bring an elaborate procession of toadies, entertainers, and servants wherever they go. Plus, some have killed people with their bare hands in court. Compared to that, I'm a small mouse in creeping down a hallway," Nebi told Nix with a grin.

With that said, he turned to his attention to Hazuki, "Hey, how are you this morning?"
Back to top Go down
hogaki

hogaki

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Nix
"Yes, but that's not an excuse for piss poor manners. It makes you look arrogant." Nix said, one eye never leaving the capital map. "And another thing, if your insinuating that I am a 'toadie' I'll turn you into a newt."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 pm

(*presses the review button* I've kept meaning to post in this, but homework has been kicking my butt.

Can we skip ahead a week? I have a plan I've just set into motion, but I need a small time lapse for it to work.

Or is this officially dead?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:05 pm

((Well, I believe most of us are waiting for Alec to come back again. He is a pivotal player in this RP, after all. But I guess we can't really wait for him any longer. He's been gone for, what, nearly four weeks now? Ever since mid-August, he went AWOL again with no explanation. I do hope he's alright, but I guess it's clear we can't wait for him any longer.

I suppose we've got to split Alec's characters amongst ourselves again. Right now I think only Brighe, Faris, and Kegan should be split up. They're really the main plotline characters right now. Carlisle and Mab can be temporarily paused until either Alec returns, or it becomes necessary for someone to take Carlisle. Same goes for Maul and C.C.'s group, I guess.

I suppose I could take Faris and Brighe for now, unless someone wants either of those two instead. Anyone willing to take Kegan?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Succession: Rebellion   Succession: Rebellion - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succession: Rebellion
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next