New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air

Go down 
+3
Unknown_WaterBender
Sarcastic Master
Magus1108
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:35 am

Yue

"Aang, you idiot!" Yue hissed, smacking her forehead. Spirits, was this boy naive. Didn't he know not to go with people who suddenly appeared out of nowhere and threatened you to come with them?!

Well, they hadn't had anything like that in the Southern Water Tribe, but still Aang should have known better! They could be working with the Earth Empire, after all.

Mai

Mai felt herself flush as Zuko fell on top of her, his face being close to hers. She looked in his eyes, a little taken aback by their close proximity to her and murmured, "Get off of me..."

Zuko

Zuko blushed furiously as he realized the position they were in. Zuko did not attempt to get up, but instead continued to stare into Mai's eyes. Now that he thought of it, she was actually kind of cute. Though he'd certainly never say that aloud.

Mai

Mai grimaced and tried to get up, accidentally pressing her lips against Zuko's in the process. Her eyes widened, keeping her lips there for a moment before pushing him off. She spoke, "Sorry about that." She flushed furiously.

Zuko

Zuko didn't say anything, complete surprised about what had just happened. Well, he certainly hadn't been expecting that. A girl had actually kissed him! Well, it was an accidental kiss, but still...

"Ah...no problem." Zuko replied, rubbing the back of his head. His face was still red like a tomatoe.

Mai

"I still won," Mai told Zuko with a smirk. She looked away from him, not knowing what else to say.

Azula

Azula walked up to the arena. Zuko should have gotten his- She stopped and stared. Then she bust out laughing. How had Zuko gotten in that situation?

Zuko

Zuko glared at Azula with all the contempt he could muster. Well, it seemed she had gotten a good look at the...compromising situation he and Mai had been in a moment ago. Great, now his sister had something extra to tease him with. Just great.

Zuko merely grumbled at Mai's declaration of victory. A sudden thought occured to him. "Maybe you could...teach me some of your skills?" Zuko asked.

Toph

Toph started toward the ship. As she got on board she yelled, "Head towards Roku Island and make it quick!" Some of the crew got to work. "ready for some action?" She asked Kuei.

Cheng

Cheng ran after Toph, feeling a little excited. The only battle he had been in was when they attempted to capture the Avatar at the South Pole. Now, he wouldn't underestimate her or her friends.

Mai

"I suppose," Mai said, hoping that he blush was gone now, "You do have some natural talent for fighting. But you have to wear our uniform and honor our conditions." She gestured to her shinobi attire, which, though black and red, was clearly feminine.

Kuei

"Of course, Toph." Kuei replied. For a moment, a look of malice graced his features. It was gone as soon as it came, however. The ship started to leave the dock, and headed full speed towards Roku Island.

Zuko

Zuko was about to object to that, however the loud roar of a crash interrupted him. Instantly a messenger ran into the room.

"It's the Earth Empire! They're attacking!"

NPC

"Good, now come with-" the man was caught off as a large boulder directly landed upon him and his comrades. They were all instantly killed, bloodly gore was what remained of them. The boulder continued to tumble down the street, going through two shops before stopping.

"My cabbages!"

And apparently a cabbage stand.

Mai

Mai unsheathed her knives and turned to her fellow warriors, "To arms!" She turned to Zuko, "Protect your sister. We can't let the Earth Empire capture her."

Aang

Aang's stomach dropped out from under him as the boulder landed on the men, he thought he might be sick. He grabbed Yue's arm, more for support than to lead her, and began to run away, trying to find Azula and Zuko. He knew that he would be having nightmares for a long time about what had just happened though.

Azula

"Protect me? I need to protect him." Azula insisted. Why did the enemy have to follow her around? Oh yes, she was the Avatar! The most wanted person in the Earth Empire... most likely. She looked at Zuko for an answer. Should she go out and help or stay here in safety?

Zuko

"No, we will not let you fight them alone! They came here because of us, and we shall help you fight them off." Zuko insisted. He would not take no for an answer. He would not sit in the sidelines and watch them fight a losing battle. If Azula helped, they might win.

Kuei

Meanwhile, Toph's ship docked into the shores of Roku Island. Imperial troops disembarked, all of them heading towards the nearby settlement to find the Avatar, or tear everything down. Whichever they had to do. Kuei walked off of the ship and motioned for Toph to follow.

"I shall help you capture the Avatar, my niece. I wish to help end your exile."

Toph

Toph followed Kuei gratefully. Although she was very proud she would take help when needed. Especially if it had to do with her getting out of exile. "Who's attacking...?" She muttered. She could sense some boulders. It could possibly be their men. They were earthbending...

Azula

Azula took Zuko's reply as a yes. "Let's go then!" she darted out of the arena and looked around for the nearest earthbender.

Yue

Yue may have vomitted from the sight had Aang not grabbed onto her and started running. Yue followed, trying to push the scene out from her mind. Those poor men...even if they were trying to kidnapped them, no one deserved to die like that. Yue feared that sight would be giving her nightmares for weeks.

She led Aang to the dojo, where she saw Zuko and Azula heading last. She ran through the open doors and thankfully saw them both. Yue struggled to catch her breath.

"We need to get out of here!" Yue exclaimed. She saw Azula start to run out of the dojo.

"Wait Azula, we need to leave this place! They're only here because we've stopped at the island."

Azula

Azula thought she heard Yue's voice and where Yue would be Aang would also... She went back into the dojo just in time to hear Yue's plead. And she was right. "But they're here already! There's nothing we can do! We need to defend the town. I brought this fight here and I'll get rid of it." She wasn't certain that she could though... Why did they both look like they were going to be sick?

Aang

"But, Azula, if they capture you, you may not escape this time," Aang said. "Please, if they see us leave, they'll follow us and leave these people alone. Let's just get out of here, that's the best we can do now." He didn't exactly like the idea of leaving like this, but he really didn't want to see Azula in the clutches of the Earth Empire.

Mai

Mai looked over at Azula, agreeing with the young airbender, "You could tip the battle in our favor or you could be captured or killed and the Earth Empire will win!"With that said, she and the other Roku Warrirors charged at the Earth Imperial soldiers, unleashing volleys of knives, shurikens, and other projectiles.

Cheng

Cheng walked beside Toph surveying the battle. He had to admit, the Roku Warriors were deadly, but they were no match for earthbenders shielding themselves with their bending. He grinned his visible half of his face at Toph, "If possible, Princess, I'd like to help you capture the Avatar directly. I want her to answer for my face.

Azula

Azula sighed, for she knew she had been beaten. "Alright then. Where's Feng?"

Toph

Toph nodded. "How about we get through these 'Warriors' first?" With that she started shooting chunks of rock in front of her. Clearing a path directly to the line of Roku Warriors who were guarding a building ever so closely.

Lady Kyo

Suddenly a large fleet of black ships, with dragon symbols painted onto them, came within sight of Roku Island. They far outnumbered both the Avatar and her friends, as well as Toph and her soldiers.

"Commander, begin the invasion. Kill earthbender and firebender alike, all I want captured alive is the Avatar."
Lady Kyo ordered. Soon the fleet began to land at the beaches of Roku Island, and soldiers dressed in black robes flowed forth. They attack the town's defenders as well as the soldiers of the exiled Princess.

Feng flew up into the sky, seeing the invaders. He breathed fire on the mysterious black-clothed men, as well as the Imperial soldiers. He flew to the dojo where he smelled his kin and landed.

Zuko

"They're right. We need to leave. I hate this too, but...if we leave, they'll leave too." Zuko said in an attempt to convince his sister. Spirits, he hated this. But it had to be done.

Mai

"Spirits damn it. Who the Koh are they?" Mai asked herself as soldiers in black robes descended onto the island. She turned to Azula, "What hope we have of winning this is lost. You must leave soon."

Cheng

Cheng nodded at Toph, cutting through a couple of the female ninja that had run out of projectiles and tried attacking them head on. He frowned when he saw a group of black-clad soldiers, however. He looked in the distance to see a massive fleet and cursed, "The Rokuians aren't too much trouble, but I wager that these newcomers will give us trouble if we don't leave quickly, Toph."

Azula

Azula looked toward the fighting one more time. She hated leaving here, hated it. "Agni, help them..." She murmured.

Toph

Toph was suddenly struck in the back of the head with a rock. How had she not seen that coming. She growled as she felt blood trickling down her neck. She turned and fired viscously on the men that had just appeared. She could tell them differently from the other men because they were wearing robes, her men were wearing armour. "I agree." Toph said to Cheng. We should retreat now, we're losing men.

Zuko

"I hope your people survive, and we get to meet again." Zuko told Mai. Then without warning, he suddenly kissed Mai on the lips. He parted, and ran out to Feng and jumped onto him. Zuko made sure Azula, Yue, and Aang were on before they headed out.

Meanwhile, Lady Kyo saw the Avatar's dragon leave and cursed. Just her luck, they escaped. But they would be back. The Avatar would be her's, no matter what. Her Lord depended on the Avatar for her plans to go into motion. "We will retreat now. The Avatar is gone, and their is no use to stay here any longer. However..." at this, Kyo's face twisted into a cruel grin.

"Begin bombardment of the town as soon as our soldiers are gone."

As soon as they had come, the black-robed soldiers left. The black ships started to head out, but suddenly launched massive boulders at Roku Island, intending to crush the city into the ground.

((End Page 21))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:45 am

Cheng

"Retreat!" Cheng ordered the Earth Imperial troops. He blocked a rock that was sent towards him and looked over at the ship. He could only hope that it wasn't attacked.

Mai

Mai stood looking after Zuko. She felt her lips. Agni, he was a good kisser. She shook her head and turned her attention to the battle. Agni knew that she'd need to fight the best she could.

Toph

Toph echoed Cheng's words, "Retreat! Back to the ship! Retreat!" She'd be lucky if she had half of her men back. Then she felt frantically around. "Where's Kuei?"

Azula

Azula snickered. "Looks like Zuzu has a girlfriend." She tried not to look over at Aang. It was clear that he didn't like her, and she obviously didn't like him. But...

Zuko

"Oh shut up Azu-!" Zuko began to say, but glanced back to see Roku Island being bombarded to the ground by the mysterious fleet. Zuko's face twisted into a look of horror.

"No!" he shouted, horrified at what was being done. Zuko turned Feng around and went heading straight towards the fleet. They flew downwards and with one breath, Feng blew hot, blazing fire onto the fleet. Many ships were melted, and many more were killed by the heat. This action immediately stopped the bombardment, and the fleet started to retreat.

Zuko had Feng go back into they sky.

Kuei

"I'll hold off the Roku Warriors, you must leave! Don't worry, I'll catch up with you later Toph. Please take good care of Bosco." Kuei shouted. With that said, he dived into the enemy lines.

Toph

"No." Toph whispered, but obeyed Kuei. She hissed in pain and put her hand to the back of her head again. She could feel it gushing. "We need to hurry." She said finally and turned to go to the ship. "C'mon, Cheng."

Azula

"We should've stayed there!" Azula cried as she saw the destruction. "We could've fought them off. Look at the mess!" Then she silenced herself knowing no one wanted to hear her complain.

Yue

"Had we stayed any longer, Roku Island surely would have fallen. Besides, we managed to stop the bombing. Perhaps now those Black Dragon people will leave, as well as the Earth Empire." Yue reasoned. She drew Azula into a hug, as a sign of compassion. She wasn't all that close to the girl yet, but Yue hoped she would be in the future.

Cheng

Cheng nodded at Toph, following her. He frowned when he saw that she was bleeding. He didn't know why, he'd seen worse wounds before, but the sight made him angry at whoever did that. He frowned, trying shake the feeling away. It'd do neither him or his friends any good.

Mai

Mai frowned when she saw a high-ranking Imperial charge towards her and her warriors. She charged at him, her knives out, ready to to cut him down.

Kuei

Once he was sure that Toph was long gone, Kuei stopped fighting the Roku Warrior all of a sudden. He lay down the sword he had been previously using. He put up his hands as a sign of peace and surrender. He stared at Mai before asking, "You are the leader, correct?"

Mai

Mai paused mid-slash, surprised that the Earth Imperial surrendered. She nodded at him, "Yes. Who are you supposed to be?"

Azula

Azula accepted the hug and returned it. "It's just that all those people..." she muttered. Wonder if the Seer is dead or not... She gasped. The Seer! Everything she had said came flooding back to her. Could Yue be the one to betray them? Or was it Aang or Zuko?

Toph

Toph was just about at the ship. "You alright Cheng?" Before he could answer though she said, "We need to take count of the men, to see how many we've lost." She couldn't bear the thought that they could've lost Enakue... Where was he anyway? And where was her Grandfather?

Kuei

"Tell me girl, have you ever heard of Kuei the Executioner?" Kuei asked, a smirk gracing his face. He continued to raise his hands, and made no move to attack. For now.

Zuko

"We've helped them all we can, Azula. With us gone, I'm hoping the Empire and those mysterious warriors will leave them alone. Hopefully they will be able to rebuild from this." Zuko said. He steered Feng towards the Fire Nation mainland. It was time to move on. Would he ever see Mai again, or the Roku Warriors? Zuko hoped so.

Yue

"Are you alright Azula?" Yue asked, seeing an odd look in her face. She looked a little...fearful. What was that about?

"As Zuko said, we've helped them all we can. All we can do for them now is to help you master the elements, and defeat the Earth Emperor." Yue said. Her eyes turned to Aang, and she remembered what she and him had witnessed earlier. Yue crawled over to him.

"Are you ok Aang?"

Azula

"I'm fine." Azula muttered. But she wasn't. Her thoughts kept going in circles around who the betrayer would be. It couldn't be Zuko, or Aang, or Yue! But who could it be? She glanced back at Roku Island, wondering how the Roku Warriors were doing... and if that Seer was alive. "Curses!"

Aang

"I don't know," Aang said, looking down and back at the village. "I know that this was what we should have done, and I know that I wouldn't have made much of a difference, but I still feel like I should have done something to help them." He didn't say it, but the image of the boulders landing on those men was still playing in his mind over and over, it was horrifying to the young, peace-loving monk, and that was truly bothering him, even if he tried to hide it with his concern for the island people.

Yue

"Oh Aang..." Yue said, drawing the young monk into a hug. Yue knew what was really haunting him. The same thing was haunting her: the crushing of those men, the haunting sight of seeing them be killed by that boulder. Someone Aang's age never should have to witness such a cruel sight...but this was war, was it not? Aang would not stay innocent forever. Many people would die before the Emperor was finally overthrown.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that, Aang. I am truly sorry." Yue whispered, hugging him tightly. Aang was like a brother to her, and Yue hated to see him suffer.

Mai

"Yes. He was a brutal general. A monster," Mai growled, still gripping her knives, "What does that have to do with anything?"

Cheng

Cheng nodded at Toph, "I'm fine, Toph." He followed her onto the ship and took count of the men. Good, there was at least 3/4 of them left and none of them were seriously injured. He spoke to Toph, concerned about her wound, "You should have the back of your head looked at."

Toph

"Head wounds bleed a lot. I'm fine." She waved it off. It really wasn't that bad, it had only hurt when she was actually hit. She just wondered what Kuei was up to, or if he was alright. She bit her lip. "How many men do we have? And how many are injured?"

Cheng

"You can still faint from blood loss if you bleed too much," Cheng told Toph with a shrug, "And we have about 3/4 of our original men. No one here is seriously injured, thank the Spirits."

Kuei

Kuei's eyes suddenly widdened, and the smirk dropped. Kuei put his hands down, though he made no more to grab the sword. If one looked closely, they would see that Kuei was slightly shaking. "N-no reason, dear child. Now, I will not harm you anymore. Now, if you will please let me go..."

Enakue

"Aww....Don’t tell me I slept through the whole fight." Enakue whined as he walk down the ships ramp. "Why the heck why did you wake me?" He asked a little annoyed that the fight had gone on with out him. "And I was looking forward to see the avatar girl again." He moaned

Aang

Aang didn't say anything, but returned her hug, feeling relief in her contact. It was hard to bear something like that alone, but Yue must have the same feelings he did, since she was there too.

Mai

"I'm afraid we can't, Earth Imperial," Mai told him, gesturing for two of the Roku warriors to take him prisoner before they faded into the trees.

((End Page 22))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:59 am

Chapter 4: The Fortress of Kao

ZukoAfter a day of traveling, they had finally reached another island of the Fire Nation. This one was the largest out of the many islands, and (while they did not know it) housed the infamous Fortress of Kao. Yes, the island was indeed under Earth Empire control. New maps purchased at Roku Island proved that. However, they were only making a short stop at the nearby city, to buy more supplies. Zuko didn't want to stay there any more than necessary.

Zuko landed Feng outside of the city, and turned to his companions. "Remember, we're in enemy territory. We're not going to stay here long, just to buy some supplies. So don't do anything to attract attention." Zuko reminded.

Kuei

"How long do you intend to keep me here, Roku Warrior?" Kuei asked. Their leader had come to deliver him his food. As of now, Kuei was being kept in the town jail that, until now, hadn't been used in years.

General Narrative

Princess Toph's ship had arrived at the Fire Nation city of Kao, also under Imperial control. To the west, one could make out the structure of the Fortress of Kao, the famous Earth Empire prison. Currently her ship was docked at the bay, gaining more supplies and fuel. Those who had been injured in the recent battle were taken to nearby doctors. After the convincing of her friends and grandfather, Toph went to go see her head checked. A doctor was currently on the ship, checking her.

"My my Princess, this is quite wound. What did you do, slip and fall on a dagger?" the doctor chidded as he did the best he could to heal it. He wrapped a bandage around the Princess' head.

"There, now don't take that off for another week."

Mai

Mai rolled her eyes at Kuei, "Be grateful that you're in here. Some people in this town want you dead. A scapegoat for the attack on our island. You're safer here with armed guards."

Cheng

Cheng felt himself chuckle at the doctor's patronizing tone. Toph hated nothing more (that he knew of) than being treated like a child. She never took orders well either. Unconsciously, he felt the scarred half of his face. The time had come to remeove the bandages and now Cheng hated looking in the mirror, though not as much as being stared at, like he was by the people in this town.

Toph

Toph grumbled. "I didn't fall on a dagger I was struck with a flying rock." And he'll be lucky if that bandage stays on for another day. And if I do have to wear this for a week and I lose the bet then I'd have to wear a dress and this head bandage. She silently plotted about how to get Enakue to get some liquor, or how she could get the bandage off without getting in trouble.

Azula

"Yep. We're in an Imperial town dressed in Fire Nation and Water Tribe clothes. We won't gather any attention!" Azula said sarcastically. But really though how could they go through an Earth Empire town dressed in the enemies clothes?

Zuko

"That...is going to be a problem. For us, maybe not. After all, the inhabitance wear Fire Nation clothes. As for Yue and Aang..." Zuko drifted off. Did they have any extra clothes to spare? Hmm...if he remember, yes. They still had a few extra clothes, but Yue and Aang only had more Water Tribe outfits. And Zuko wasn't so sure his clothes would fit Aang. Azula's might fit Yue's, on the other hand.

Kuei

"I am safe nowhere, so long as he remains." Kuei whispered, more to himself than to Mai. Kuei had a distant look in his eyes.

Doctor

"Not much of a difference in my opinion. Just make sure you don't put too much weight on this side of your head for the next few days. So tell me Princess, have you heard of the recent news?" the doctor asked, also bandaging some minor wounds Toph had.

Toph

"What news?" Toph desperately hoped it was news about Kuei. All she had to remind her of his promise was her necklace and the bear. But Kuei would keep his word, she knew it. There was just that feeling that she wouldn't see him again. She scolded herself for getting to attached to him. Of course he wasn't the only person she was attached to...

Mai

Mai raised an eyebrow at Kuei, curious despite herself, "Who?" After all, who could be more frightening to a person than his own captors?

Doctor

"In local news, the resistance leader of Kao has been captured and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Fortress of Kao. In world-wide news, Emperor Long Feng has assembled a task-force to capture the newly resurfaced Avatar. Last I heard, some commander named Xin Fu was in charge of it." the doctor casually reported. He glanced at Cheng.

"Do you want me to check that eye of your's, son? It looks like a nasty wound. Must have been a pretty strong firebender to give you that."

Zuko

"I'm not sure my clothes would fit Aang, but we could give them some of our's so they can blend in. Once in Kao, we can buy new clothes for them." Zuko suggested to Azula. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Feng staring at Yue yet again. Odd, his dragon had never really done that to anyone before. He decided to ignore that and redirected his attention back to Azula.

Kuei

"I dare not mention his name, least I awaken him. Girl, you must free me and let me go. When he arrives, I shudder to think what will happen." Kuei said, a grim seriousness upon his face. His usual kind and loving Uncle persona was gone for the moment.

Yue

Yue glanced at her attire, noticing that indeed it would not be appropriate to wear in enemy territory. And all the clothes she had were Water Tribe, and nothing else. It was to be expected, considering she was from the Southern Tribe. Still, she didn't want to stick out like a sky bison in a room full of dragons.

"Azula, do you think I might be able to borrow some of your clothes?" Yue asked.

Cheng

Cheng winced at the mention of his eye but nodded, knowing that the doctor was doing his job. He glanced at Toph, feeling a little self-conscious, "As long as it doesn't slow us down."

Mai

Mai frowned at Kuei's tone. The seriousness in it was frightening and she could tell right away that he wasn't lying. She spoke, "At least spell his name out."

Toph

"Wait a minute. Xin Fu? You're certain that's correct? Xin Fu?" So he had gone and whined to her father. What a little momma's boy! She was going to wring his neck the next time she saw him! She gazed intently at the doctor awaiting his reply.

Azula

"Sure," Azula said. "It may not be the best of fits. Just go rummaging through my bag, I don't mind." She waved her hand in dismissal. She definitely agreed with Zuko's clothes probably being to big for Aang, but her's were probably the right size for Yue.

Aang

"Well, if you all are wearing fire nation clothes, maybe you can just surround me, so no one will see my clothes," Aang suggested. Zuko was quite taller than he was, and more muscular, his clothes would be oversized, and Aang didn't feel like dragging along more cloth than he needed to.

Zuko

"Well, that sounds like the best thing to do unless anyone else has any ideas." Zuko said. Once they were in the town, they would need to remeber to buy Yue and Aang some Fire Nation clothes. He went over to Feng and patted the dragon on the nose, telling him to stay there for now. They wouldn't want their cover blown by Feng.

Doctor

"Come sit down over here boy, and I'll take a look at it. It looks like it'll be permanent, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look." the doctor ordered.

"And yes Princess, I am certain it was Commander Xin Fu. In fact, I believe he's right here in Kao now, most likely at the Fortress of Kao."

Kuei

Kuei did not respond. His eyes closed and he looked asleep for a moment. Then they flashed open in an instant. The smirk from before was back on his face. Something appeared...different about the Prince.

"I'll ask one more time girl: let me go."

Mai

"No can do," Mai told Kuei, feeling a little nervous around him now. She didn't like the look on his face.

Cheng

Cheng walked over to the doctor, "It is permanent. The ship medic said it would leave a scar." He frowned at the thought.

Yue

Yue nodded and began to dig through Azula's bag. After finding some clothes she thought would fit, Yue went to change behind Feng. When she came back Yue was dressed in Fire Nation clothes, her Water Tribe clothes in a bundle. She carefully put her clothes away and went back to the others.

Kuei

"Very well then. But remember, I asked nicely." Kuei said. With great strength, Kuei suddenly tore off the iron bars separating him from freedom and threw them at Mai. A malevolent grin was on his face.

Doctor

"Not much I can do, expect give you some herbs to help make the swelling go down. Sometimes....it is a shame to see one young such as yourself have to live the rest of your life with that scar. I wish I knew what Emperor Long Feng was doing, sending young boys like you out in the battlefield." the doctor said with a shake of his head. A bold statement to make, especially in front of a princess.

Mai

Mai's eyes widened as the man pulled the bars apart. She whistled to signal the other guards and held her knives in a defensive position, "Go back in your cage, Imperial."

Cheng

"I appreciate that you're doing what you can," Cheng told the doctor politely, not sure what else to say. He took the herbs and placed them in his pocket for later use.

Kuei

"Do you know who I am, girl?" Kuei asked, a dark chuckle escaping his lips. Gone was the kinder, sweet Uncle Kuei. In his place was this dark, evil being. A crazed look was evident in his eyes.

"I am Kuei the Executioner, Kuei the Destroyer of Souls, Kuei the Hand of Death! Their is no way your pathetic warriors can defeat me." Kuei sneered. He grabbed a piece of broken iron, and swung it at Mai's head.

Mai

Mai ducked underneath the bar and growled, "Behind your fancy titles, you're just a man." With that said, she thrust her knives towards his chest.

Kuei

Kuei twirled around and avoid the knives. He jumped over Mai and raced out of the building, intending to take this fight outside. Two Roku Warriors attempted to ambush him, though Kuei gracefully evaded their strikes. He bashed the iron bar against the head of a warrior, and stole her dagger. He threw the dagger, which hit the arm of the second warrior. Kuei raced to the shore, intending on stealing a boat.

Mai

Mai ran after Kuei along with the remaining Roku Warrior. She wasn't about to allow an enemy to escape. She threw a knife towards Kuei's heel, hoping to disable him.

Kuei

The knife missed its mark, though did hit the lower half of Kuei's leg. He grunted with pain, but it only slowed him down a little bit. He grabbed a dagger from within his robes and threw it at Mai, aiming at her forehead. This girl had bothered him for the last time.

Mai

Mai's eyes widened when as a dagger headed towards her forehead. She dodged to the right only for the dagger to stick the other Roku Warrior's shirt to a tree. Frowning and silently promising the other Roku Warrior she'd come back for her, Mai sped after Kuei.

Azula

"So do we go into town now?" Azula asked. Yue had successfully found a pair of clothes and Aang was going in with us surrounding him. "Be sure to have an excuse as to why Aang is wearing those clothes if we get caught." She looked over at Zuko for his response because she already had on.

Toph

Toph looked at the doctor. This was a very interesting doctor. I bet you he felt bad she only had one arm. "My father can sometimes be a cruel man, but he knows what he's doing." She said simply.

((End Page 23))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:14 am

Kuei

"I must admit girl, you have spirit. Come, let us end this now." Kuei said, stopping suddenly. He reversed course and aimed a blow at Mai's head with his iron bar. Nothing would stop him from escaping. The Roku Warrior would have to fight hard if she wanted to survive this encounter.

Doctor

"Whatever you say, Princess. If only we had the days when we were less oppressed with Emperor Bumi...but that long in the past. If their isn't anything else I can do you for, then I must ask you to leave. I have other patients to treat. Oh, and before I forget, please keep this." the doctor said, handing something to the Princess.

It was a Pai Sho tile. To be more specific, the White Lotus tile.

"Give this to your grandfather, please. Tell him it's from a...friend."

Zuko/General Narrative

Zuko followed his sister, and motioned for Aang and Yue to follow. He made sure Aang was in the middle of them before continuing. After ten minutes of walking, they reached the town. Now in town, they could see the outlines of the Fortress of Kao in the distance. The townsfolk themselves were out and about, continuing life as usual as if being occupied by the Earth Empire weren't strange.

Then again, this city had been occupied for nearly forty years, and was a stronghold for the Empire into the Mainland. By now, the people had accepted their fate. Well almost all, as Azula and her friends would find out.

Mai

Mai dodged to the side at the last moment, being able to feel the bar graze her cheek. She frowned. This man was not only strong, but fast as well. With that though, she threw two more of her daggers at Kuei, this time aiming for his arms. She spoke, "Just surrender."

Cheng

Cheng felt himself frown slightly as Toph defended her father. He knew there was no telling her otherwise, but he felt that at least one of his acts of cruelty was unjust. No one deserved to lose an arm for refusing to fight, after all.

Toph

"A white lotus tile?" Toph murmured as she looked at the Pai Sho piece. This doctor must be crazy, but I guess I'll get it to him eventually. Then she started to turn away from the doctor. "I'm going into town. I'll be back." And with that she headed off the ship.

Kuei

Kuei swatted the other dagger away, but the other landed just above his elbow. He again grunted in pain, and pulled this dagger out. He swung the bar at Mai's stomach.

"Like I'd ever surrender, girl. With that weakling out of control, he cannot surrender either. And by the way, you're gonna need more harmful weapons if you wish to stop me before I kill you." Kuei sneered.

General Narrative

After buying Fire Nation clothes for Yue and Aang and more supplies, the gang had started browsing through the market. Buying more supplies here and there, some food for Feng, ectera. Heading towards a food stall to get themselves a snack, the gang happened to pass by the local garrison building...

...just as it exploded to the side, sending fire and super-hot shrapenal everywhere.

Azula

Azula quickly covered her ears as the explosion rumbled through the air. She was tempted to protect herself in a ball of fire, but that would give them away. Instead she flattened herself against a wall. "What just happened?!" She shouted.

Mai

Mai frowned, feeling a bit unnerved by the killing intent she could practically feel coming off of Kuei. She groaned as she felt the air knocked out of her lungs from being hit in the stomach and fell against a tree. She frowned, "Who are you?"

Cheng

Cheng followed Toph, deciding that he had nothing left to do after the doctor gave him the herbs. He followed her to the ship and was startled by the explosion he heard, "What was that?"

Soldiers

"There has been an attack on the garrison building, Princess Toph. Please come with us. We will led you to the Fortress of Kao. It is the safest place in Kao." soldiers stated, rushing over to the Princess. Without waiting for a reply, they quickly grabbed her and Cheng and brought them to the Fortress.

Yue

Yue threw herself over Aang to protect him from any wreckage coming their way. Once the explosion was over, Yue got back up and looked at the gaping hole in the side of the baracks. Wounded, both soldiers and civilians, lay on the street gasping in pain. The dead seemed to be those closest to the blast. Mostly soldiers.

"Is everyone alright?" Yue asked after a moment, trying to get the ringing out of her ears.

Toph

Toph felt uncomfortable in the Fortress. It made her feel like she was the one being brought here to be imprisoned. She also felt suspicious though. Wasn't Xin Fu suppose to be here? It could be a set up. Of course the garrison being attacked was probably from a rebellion.

Kuei

"I am your worst nightmare, child. Didn't you listen? I am Kuei, Prince of the Earth Empire. Brother to the Emperor. I am the Hand of Death, bringer of destruction. You know what, I don't think I'll kill you now. I'll let you live, as a reminder of your failure." Kuei answered. He picked up two dagger and threw them at Mai, intending to pin her on a nearby tree.

Xin Fu

"Well well well, if it isn't the Exiled Princess." Xin Fu stated as he walked over to Toph, two guards flanking him. Tall walls surrounded all of the Fortress, made out of the strongest metal available. Four different spires rose into the sky, each containing a special cell. Guards patrolled 24/7, keeping an eye on the prisoners who walked in the courtyard.

"Welcome to the Fortress of Kao, the most heavily fortified installation in the Empire."

Toph

"If it isn't the sore loser." Toph mocked. She had to admit the Fortress was very impressive. "I can see that. How many guards do you have here?" This question was just a distraction so she could take in all the details of the Fortress just in case she'd have to make a run for it...

Mai

Mai's eyes widened at his name as she was pinned to the tree. She looked down, feeling the shame of her defeat. She forced herself to meet his gaze, however, and growled, "You should kill me now if you wish to escape justice, Hand of Death"

Cheng

"Who's worse? The exiled princess or the fool that lost to her?" Cheng muttered to himself. He sighed. Of all of the Imperial officers, they had to come face to face with the one that had the appearance and intelligence of an ape.

Kuei

Kuei seemed ready to change his mind and readied his dagger to deliver the final blow. But at the last second, he dropped it. A flash of sorrow and concern came across his face. "I am truly sorrow about this." with that said, Kuei left and ran towards the dock.

He stole a fisherman's boat, and started to swim away.

Xin Fu

Xin Fu scowled at Cheng, and raised his hand to strike the boy. He seemed to have second thoughts, and stopped. He turned towards Toph.

"Over 350 guards keep watch over 150 prisoners. The Empire has built this Fortress for one goal in mind: imprison their most dangerous enemies here, and keep them here forever. No one has ever broken out of the Fortress, and no one ever will." Xin Fu said.

Mai

Mai watched the Earth Prince leave her pinned to the tree. Was that really sorrow in his eyes? He seemed to be two different people, the kind, civilized philosopher and the savage warrior that bested the Roku Warriors. As she she took the daggers out of her clothes she decided that she'd imprison him if she ever caught him, not kill him.

Aang

Aang yelled as the explosion sounded out and felt Yue cover him with her body. He had been distracted by his new clothes, feeling uncomfortable in them, and was caught offguard, luckily for him Yue was there. Once she released him, he looked over to Azula, to see if she was allright, and thankfully she was safe. He then looked to Zuko for direction, since he felt that he was their unofficial leader.

Bumi

Bumi yawned as he came out of his room, Bosco the Bear accompanying him with a sad look in his eyes, having left Kuie behind. "The City of Kao, never a dull moment," he said as the rumbling and sound the explosion set off reached the ship. Down below he saw his granddaughter and her friend being scuried off to the fortress. "Hmm... I could follow them, or I could trust that I've taught my granddaughter enough to keep her out of trouble." He paused and then continued aloud, "I'll follow them."

Toph

Toph felt all the towers. She could also feel all the guards. "You sound a bit cocky, Xin Fu. Remember the last time you were cocky?" She prodded the sore spot of the Ares Kai. "Now let's cut to the chase. Why did you bring me here?"

?

"Avatar and friends, please follow me." a cloak man suddenly said, appearing from the alley. Soliders were now rushing in to help the wounded, and mourn the dead. Through all the chaos no one noticed them.

"Imperial soldiers were just about to ambush you until that distraction. Now please follow me. I will take you someplace safe." the man said and went into the alley. After some hesitation, Zuko followed.

Xin Fu

"You were brought here because rebels attack the garrison, and the soldiers did not want their Princess harmed." Xin Fu snapped, iritated. He got into Toph's face, sneering at her."But now that you're here, I'm happy to inform you your father has appointed me as the leader of the task force to hunt down the Avatar. You are no longer needed."

Toph

"Oh. Alright then. But when you capture the wrong person don't come crying to me!" Toph wasn't sure if Xin Fu knew that the Avatar was a girl yet or not which means he would probably capture the Fire Nation peasant. She wasn't about to give the information up either. And she was still going to go after the Avatar whether she was needed or not. It was her destiny to capture the Avatar. She was sure of it.

Azula

Azula followed the man wearily. "Zuko, are you sure we can trust them?" She whispered. After the explosion she didn't know if they could trust anyone in this town. She looked back to see Aang and Yue still intact, no injuries... on them at least. She could still see the dead.

Yue

"I agree. Can we trust this stranger? He said he was responsible for the explosion." Yue added. Just what was going to happen now? Was what the cloaked man said true? Where was he taking them? Was he actually a spy for the Earth Empire?

?

"I assure you Avatar Azula, I am trustworthy. I am apart of the Kao Resistance movement. Shortly after your arrival, we became aware of your presence. So did a few soldiers, when they caught a glimpse of your bald friend in Water Tribe furs. Had we not created that distraction, they would have jumped you." the man said.

He guided them down a seemingly random path of alleyways. After a few minutes, he stopped at the door of a building. He knocked, and a small slit opened near the top. Ember eyes could be seen in the small space. The man muttered something which the gang could not hear, and the door opened. He led them into the room.

It was darkly lit, a few scattered torches being the only light source. Men and women in dark red cloaks were within the room. The man turned to the Avatar and her friends and pulled his hood down.

"Greetings, Avatar and friends. I am Zhao, Second-in-command of the Kao Resistance."

Xin Fu

"I know all about the Avatar being a woman. You will not hide any secrets from me." Xin Fu snapped back. One of the faults he never seemed to fix was being quick to anger, and easily provoked. If Toph pushed any further, Xin Fu might resort to physical violence.

Cheng

Cheng gripped his sword. He suppressed another sigh. It makes me wonder why Xin Fu would have Toph brought here if she rattles him that easily. He only hoped neither of them lost their temper.

Azula

Azula lifted an eyebrow. An explosion to save them... Strange. She waited for Zuko to introduce them. She didn't know if they should use a cover name or not. This could all be a trap, but for some reason she didn't think so.

Toph

"I see. But what if I told you the Avatar wasn't a woman." Toph made it look like she was telling the truth, but anyone would know she was just playing games with Xin Fu. She loved it when he lost his temper. It was so funny to watch!

Zhao

In one motion, all present members of the Kao resistance dropped to one knee and lowered their hoods. "All hail Avatar Azula!" they all chorused together.

Zhao bowed as well. "We are all honored that the Avatar has graced us with her presence. I understand that you must make it to the Western Air Temple, but we are in need of your help. Our leader was captured in a recent raid, and has been taken to the Fortress of Kao. The only prison in the Earth Empire where a prisoner has yet to have broken out. We seek to change that. We wish your help in freeing our leader, Avatar Azula." Zhao explained.

"We'll do it." Zuko instantly responded. Anything to help the citizens of Kao resist and free themselves from the Empire, he would help. Zuko glanced back at his sister and the others."That is, I'm willing to help. What about you Azula, Aang, and Yue?"

Xin Fu

This time Xin Fu lost control of himself. He struck Toph hard on the cheek, with enough force to knock her down. He growled at her.

"Don't joke with me, Princess. You and I both know the Avatar is a woman. The daughter of the former Prince Ozai, to be exact."

Azula

Azula looked around the room at all of them. She blushed and turned back to Zhao and Zuko. "I don't know..." She started. "It seems very risky and dangerous." After a dramatic pause she grinned wickedly and said, "I'll do it."

Toph

Toph scowled and stayed on the ground. Her hands trembled at the urge to hit him back. That's what he needed, that's what he deserved. She stood back up and was ready to hit him when
she realized that that's probably what he wanted; he wanted a response. She put her hands at her sides, though they were still shaking, and finally replied. "I see you've been brushing up on your history."

Aang

"Sure, why not," Aang agreed, shrugging. "It's not like I can really say no when both of you want to do it anyway, and I've never been in an Earth Kingdom prison before." He said it as casually as if it were a tourist spot, and didn't appear to be taking is very seriously.

((End Page 24))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:55 am

Yue

"I'll help as well." Yue answered. She would gladly help the resistance movement to rescue their leader. It would turn over an Imperial victory, which she would be glad to help do. Hopefully they wouldn't get captured, or hurt. That was what they needed, to be caught or injured in one of the most fortified prisons in the Earth Empire.

Enakue

Enakue always had a Dai lee glove on him. If nothing else for his own protection. He quickly let enough earth go to for a short chain with a spike on the end. "Master Xin fu..What is it you want? Or do you just take joy in hitting blind little girls?" Enakue asked spitting the word 'master'. Maybe he couldn’t hit the fool but he sure as heck could make him look bad in front of his troops.

Cheng

Cheng didn't know what happened. It all seemed to be a blurr. One moment, he was watching Xin Fu strike Toph and the next, he was pointing his sword at the Commander's throat as the Kao guards took positions around him, Toph, and Enakue He looked up at Xin Fu, hoping that none of his fear or anger appeared on his face. He spoke, "Hit her again and you'll regret it."

Xin Fu

Xin Fu laughed in Cheng's face. "What can you do, boy? You can't even bend. You're a weakling, pathetic. You cannot harm me. Besides, you wouldn't want the Princess to suffer a little...accident, right? It can be arranged quite easily, and Emperor Long Feng would not mind." Xin Fu stated. The guards formed a tight circle between Toph, her allies, and Xin Fu.

Zhao

"Thank you all. We are gracious for your help. We strike tonight, then. When they will least expect it. For now, please have you and your friends rest. We have bedrooms down the hall." Zhao said. A Kao resistance member opened a door to the hall.

Cheng

Cheng glared at Xin Fu, trying to hide how much he hated to be called weak. He wasn't weak. He trained hard to become strong despite not being able to bend and he wouldn't let anyone tell him otherwise. He kept the sword at Xin Fu's throat, "You lie. No father would want his daughter hurt."

Cheng

As much as Toph wanted to believe Cheng she knew her father wouldn't care. Of course a little accident could also happen to Xin Fu, but she wasn't up to it. Besides her and Cheng's bet was almost up and Enakue hadn't had any liquor yet...

Azula

Azula nodded at Zhao and headed in the direction of the door. "We might as well get ready." She muttered. Then she thought about what they had gotten themselves into. They were about to break into a fortress, the most guarded ever fortress if she was correct, to rescue someone they didn't know. This would be very fun.

Xin Fu

"The Emperor could care less about his failure of a daughter. I'd like to continue, but I have important duties to attend to. You may stay here, or go back to your ship. Whichever you prefer." Xin Fu said, walking away.

General Narrative

Within a few hours day turned into dark. The resistance members of Kao (and Azula and co.) were now outside of the Fortress of Kao. They were out of sight, so their was no danger of being caught. For now.

"Alright, here is the plan. Myself, the Avatar, and her friends will sneak into the Fortress. We shall climb up the wall, when the guards are not looking. We get in, find our leader, and get out quickly. Plan B, the resistance launches an attack on the Fortress and we use the chaos to slip away. Any questions." Zhao asked the Avatar.

Cheng

Cheng watched the sun set. He always liked watching the sun rise and fall. When he was a child, he was woken up at dawn and put to bed at dusk. Now, of course, the rising and setting of the sun didn't dictate his schedule, which he was grateful for.

His thoughts turned to Xin Fu. The man had no right to treat Toph that way. He had practically threatened her and rubbed her banishment in her face. He still felt the old anger from seeing him hit Toph. He knew he shouldn't have threaten the commander, he was ranked higher than him,but he didn't regret it. That confused him. He suffered worse punishments from basic training but seeing Toph his made him lose control.

Azula

"Aren't there guards watching the walls? How are we suppose to get over without being spotted?" That was one question Azula had. It just seemed to easy that they could just up and go over a wall. And what about when they were over the wall? How were they suppose to find the leader?

Toph

Toph was standing beside Cheng. She found herself spending more and more time with him. Of course she wouldn't admit why. She hadn't even admitted it to herself yet. "Interesting day," She said trying to break the silence. The sun was very pretty, but she soon grew bored of the spectacle.

Zhao/General Narrative

"Good question. At night, the Fortress is less guarded. No one has ever broken out and it's been years since the last attempt, so they've all grown lax. Besides, we've memorized the patrols. We know who will be watching what. There is a blind spot that we will use. Now, let's go." Zhao said.

As best as they could, they all stealthedly ran towards the eastern wall. As of the moment, no guards were patroling that side of the wall. Zhao threw rope over the side and started to climb up, motioning for the others to do the same. Soon they all had climbed up (though Zuko had nearly slipped) and were on the wall. Zhao brought over the rope and jumped to the ground below, landing gracefully.

They all jumped off, being caught by Zhao. He led them over to a pile of barrels which they hid behind. The courtyard was deathly quiet. Only two guards patrolled it, and had not seen them.

"From here, we need to be careful. When they start to changing shifts, we'll make our move." Zhao whispered.

Cheng

Cheng smiled wryly, "I've had better. Like the day I spent in solitary confinement during basic training. How's your head?" He gestured to the back of her head. He hoped the wound didn't reopen.

Toph

Toph waved a hand. "Why do you guys worry so much? It's fine." She was actually going to take the bandage off tonight as much as she had been warned not to. It itched so much. She didn't know how Cheng had stood it when he had had the bandage on his face. She couldn't see the detail, but she could tell part of his face was marred. It didn't matter though, she switched the topic. "Why'd you have to spend a day in solitary confinement?"

Azula

Azula had climbed the rope with ease. Her heart had stopped when she saw Zuko slip, but she ended up chuckling very quietly when he had regained his footing. Now she waited for Zhao's next command.

Yue

Climbing up the rope had been a challenge, but Yue had handled it. She had nearly gasped when Zuko lost his footing, but was relieved when he didn't fall. Jumping off the wall had frightened her very much, since Yue had always had an irrational fear of heights since childhood. Though she had done it in the end, and was glad that Zhao had caught her.Yue looked around from the edge of the barrels. Two guards were patrolling the courtyard, and an untold amount were patrolling the walls above. This next part would be dangerous.

Cheng

Cheng blushed feeling a little self-conscious, "Well, the captain was picking on this one new recruit. He was kind of hopeless. Not meant to be a soldier. He was clumsy and kept dropping his weapon or getting into accidents, more so when he was yelled at. The captain knew that and took pleasure from it. The poor guy was scared stiff of him. So I yelled at the man, called him a bully, an idiot, and a tyrant. I also threw in that he had a bad case of body ordor."

Zhao

Two more guards came down the courtyard, signaling the change of shifts. Up above, they were doing the same thing. If everything went right, they wouldn't be noticed. It was helpful that it was dark, and the moon was not out. Zhao started to move and whispered for the kids to do the same. He crept over to the northern spire, where their leader had been reported to be kept.

"Look over there, we've been infiltrated!"

Zhao cursed. An alarm bell was rung, which would be heard all around. Soldiers started to pour from the doors, quickly surrounding Zhao and the children. Zuko looked to the sky, hoping that Plan B would be put into quick motion. As if the Spirits were thinking the very same thing, Feng was seen speeding through the air, rapidly approaching.

With great force the dragon destroyed the fourth wall, and breathed intense fire upon the helpless soldiers. Many ran screaming in fear.

"Quickly, the town's garrison will be here! To the northern spire!" Zhao shouted, running at full speed. He firebended left and right, taking down many Imperials who tried to stop him.

Enakue

"....and people wonder why I drink." Enakue thought upon hear Cheng explanation. "Ho well. Might as well get ready for party night." He said tuning a sitar. "Remember to change those bandages before you go to sleep Tophy" Enakue said , although, he was sure that he probably have to force her to change them.

Cheng

Cheng smiled at his friend, feeling proud that he managed to avoid drinking these past 6 days. He spoke, "Don't worry. I'll make sure our lovely princess does so."

He was about to add more when he heard a roar and the sound of panicking soldiers. He frowned. Something was attacking the Fortress of Kao and there was only one beast he knew of that made such a roar. He smiled at Toph, "Xin Fu won't be too happy with the Avatar attacking his own fortress."

Toph

"We'll leave him to it." Toph said. "Xin Fu needs some stress on his shoulders. With Kao destroyed it will put him back for capturing the Avatar, which in turn will give us a head start." She thought the plan out loud. And besides, we need to keep our men. We're already down in numbers from our last battle.

Azula

"Dear Agni," Azula muttered as she started spurting out fire at random guards. When Zhao started running she did to, but instead she started to jump upward with her firebending, once in the air she shot a row of fireballs, then she would land again and repeat the process. It looked like they were almost there. She stole a glance backward to see how Zuko, Aang, and Yue were.

Cheng

Cheng laughed, not feeling sorry at all for the commander, "I just remembered. Tomorrow's the night that you wear the dress." He smiled mischievously at his friend.

Yue

Yue ran across the courtyard, making sure to avoid all boulders sent at her. This certainly wasn't turning out as planned. But when did anything ever did? Yue followed Zhao to the spire. Another boulder was sent her way, and Yue avoided just in time. They needed to rescue the resistance leader quick before more soldiers arrived.

Zuko

Zuko went this way and that, trying to dodge all the rocks sent by the earthbenders. Feng cut down more of the soldiers, but more continued to arrive from the town garrison. They needed to finish this quickly before they were overwhelmed.

Zhao led them to the northern spire and instructed them to wait while he went inside. As he walked to the door, it suddenly was knocked out of place by a crashing guard. A young girl, around Aang's age, stepped out.

"About time you got here Zhao. I was worried I'd have to break out on my own. So, who've got here?" On Ji asked. She scanned the group of young children.

"This is Avatar Azula, her brother Prince Zuko, and their friends. I got here when I could, Lady On Ji. Now we need to get out of here, and fast." Zhao said, making a quick bow. On Ji raised an eyebrow at them but said nothing. She nodded at Zhao's suggestion.

"Retreat, retreat! We've rescued Lady On Ji, now we-!" Zhao was suddenly caught off as someone slammed into the ground next to him. A sword was within and the man proceeded to stab Zhao through the back. Zhao gasped and fell when the sword was removed. The man grinned at Azula.

"So you're the infamous Avatar. Now why don't you give up now, before I kill your friends?" Xin Fu asked, a venomous smile upon his lips.

Azula

Azula had landed on the top spire and was surprised their leader was a small girl. She turned as Zhao ordered retreat, but jumped as his voice suddenly cut off. She whipped back around to see a cruel man. Should she give herself up? They could possibly make it out alive. She backed up a few paces and waited to see the man's reaction.

Toph

"Really? I thought it was you who was going to be wearing the dress." Toph said. She knew though that she had lost. Enakue hadn't had any liquor in the past week and he wasn't going to get his hands on any. But she wouldn't admit she had lost until she was wearing the dress.

((End Page 25))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Cheng

"Nah. You'll look very cute tomorrow, wearing that dress," Cheng told Toph with a smirk, knowing that he had won the bet.

Xin Fu

On Ji gasped in horror and ran over to the mortally wounded Zhao. Xin Fu laughed again and approached Azula. He threw away his blade and lifted a chunk of earth. He let it however over the Avatar and her friends. "Surrender Avatar, or your friends will die." Xin Fu threatened.

Yue

Yue gasped in shock and horror as Zhao was stabbed by Xin Fu. The earthbender made his threat and hovered a boulder of them. Great, what were they going to do now? Suddenly Yue remembered something. She slowly reached into her leg pouch and found her boomerange. Technically her dad's, but Arnook had left it with her when they left the Tribe. This was going to be risky but...

Yue took out the boomerange and flung it at Xin Fu's face. She tackled Aang to the ground before the boulder had a chance to smash them all. Whether or not the weapon made its mark, Xin Fu would be distracted enough to let it drop. Knowing Zuko and Azula, they'd get out of the way in time.

Xin Fu

Before Xin Fu had time to react the boomerang smashed into his face. He stumbled backwards and lost his control over the hovering boulder. Zuko, with lightning speed he didn't know he possessed, threw himself over his sister, knocking the both out of the way. The boulder smashed into the ground with a heavy thud.

Xin Fu growled with fury. A mark of the weapon's strike was left across his face. He readed himself for another attack, but was suddenly hit by a large tail, followed by a powerful blast of fire from Feng. The earthbending commander was sent crashing into a wall, clutching his burning face, while Feng knelt next to the kids so they could climb on.

"Lady On Ji, don't worry about me, just go! You're safer with the Avatar and her friends. No doubt after this, the Empire will crack down harder on the Kao Resistance. Our deaths would not affect the Fire Nation much, but your's would, now go!" a dying Zhao wheezed out. On Ji looked conflicted, but decided to obey her comrade's dying wish. Other resistance members took Zhao and fled as reinforcements arrived.

Zuko hopped on Feng, and On Ji followed. "Come on, we need to get out of here now!" Zuko cried.

Aang

With horror, Aang watched as Zhao was stabbed, and their lives were in jeapordy. Suddenly, Yue threw a boomerang at Xin Fu, and tackled him out of the way with her, and the two were safe from the boulder. Aang stood up as Feng came and saved them, and grabbing Yue's hand, jumped up onto the dragon with Airbending.

Cheng

Cheng watched the flashes of fire in the fortress of Kao. He wondered what was happening there. He felt himself, smirking. Whatever it was, it wasn't good for Xin Fu. He wondered aloud, "I wonder where Bumi is. He's seemed rather quiet lately."

Yue

Yue felt Aang grab her hand and lifted them both up onto Feng. She looked over at Azula and shouted at her to hurry. Reinforcements were coming quickly, and even the mighty Feng couldn't take on an entire army.

Azula

Azula was knocked out of her daze when Zuko rammed into her. As they landed on the ground she heard the thud of the boulder behind her. When Zuko got up she jumped up and looked around. More troops were trickling in slowly. Then when she heard Yue's yell she ran over and hopped onto Feng.

Toph

Toph's smile turned into a frown of concentration. "Ya, where did he go? Last I saw him he was on the ship..." She thought about where Bumi could be. "He also has the bear with him. How could we miss a bear?" She studied the deck closer, trying to feel for any signs.

Cheng

"He is a great warrior. I suppose he can be stealthy if he wants to be," Cheng told Toph with a shrug, "Or he could be out buying more rock candy. I swear to the Spirits that he's addicted to it."

Bumi

"Addicted," Bumi asked, standing right behind the two kids. "I am not, I can quit anytime I want to! I just don't want to." He retrieved some rock candy from his pocket and crunched down on it, laughing as he did so. "And you kids should respect your elders, or else you'll find yourselves cut off from our wisdom." He looked over to Toph and said, "I'm glad to see that you can hold your temper back, granddaughter. Xin Fu isn't so fortunate, is he?"

Toph

Toph had to smile. Her grandfather was just one of those people. "I guess he isn't. Wonder what's all going on there." She could clearly hear some explosions, but that was about it. A thought flittered through her mind, but she ignored it. 'What if I were there?'

Cheng

"Xin Fu would have stolen the Avatar after we caught her," Cheng told Toph, reading the expression on her face. Over the years, he could tell what she was thinking just by looking at her face, not that he was always looking at it, of course.

?

"Really now father? You're not addicted? Then why was their an entire wing in the Palace filled with rock candy, per your orders?" Kuei asked, coming from nowhere. Bosco was with him and was eagerly licking his master's hand.

Zuko

Feng lifted into the air and flew away, weaving through the boulders launched at him by Imperial soldiers. They flew away from the island, unknowningly passing by Toph and the others, and headed to the Fire Nation Mainland.

Bumi

"You can never have too much Rock Candy," Bumi said, turning around to his son. "How do you think I lived so long? It's the Candy." He laughed and added, "so, Kuei, how did you get back here so quickly? I thought the Roku Warriors might have slowed you down a little more?"

Cheng

Cheng felt himself grin at Toph, "I see where you get your skill from, Princess." He was rather glad to see Kuei. He had feared that the Earth Prince would be imprisoned for a long time.

Kuei

"They...decided to let me go. I convinced them I was a mere sodlier, and wasn't worth keeping hostage." Kuei lied. Unlike his brother, he wasn't as good at lieing. Suddenly a large object overshadowed them and flew through the air. Kuei looked up to see a dragon flying in the distance.

Toph

Toph turned to Kuei and tightly hugged him. She saw his head movement and knew that the Avatar had just gone past. Oh well. She wanted to scold Kuei on his lying ability, but she decided to keep it to herself.

Chapter 5: The Spirit World: Fall Equinox

Zuko/Onji/General Narrative

"....and that is why we have to float in this river instead of flying on Feng." Zuko finished, ending his long rant. Currently the five were floating in a polluted river. They were now deep into the heart of Imperial controlled Fire Nation. Zuko had been previously explaining why it was too dangerous to fly on Feng in the middle of enemy territory.

"Whatever. I still say flying will get you guys to the new capital faster." On Ji replied, resting on the dragon. It was a hard fit, the five of them on the slim dragon, but they managed to make due. On Ji said she wouldn't be with them much longer, since she had business elsewhere in the Fire Nation.

Zuko scowled but didn't reply. The past day had been agonizing with On Ji along. She was like his sister, if not worse. She constantly belittled him and his plans, and it was getting on the Prince's nerves.

On Ji yawned, and put her head on Aang's lap. "You don't mind me resting on you, do you cutie?" she asked, smiling at Aang.

Xin Fu

"I should have you all hanged, royalty or not. You failed to help the Fortress of Kao in its time of need, you let the Avatar escape, and worse, you let countless soldiers die because of your spite against me. Do you have anything to say for yourselves?" Xin Fu demanded, snarling at the group. He had called in the banished princess, the dethroned Emperor, her second in command Cheng, and Prince Kuei in for a court marshal. Out of them, Kuei was the only one who had authority above the Commander, but wanted to hear what he would say.

The entire left side of Xin Fu was wraped in bandages, wounds from the dragon. He was lucky to have even survived. He glared at them all, every fiber of his being wanting to torture them all to death. But he restrained himself from that course. For now.

Aang

Aang had been somewhat usure how to act around On Ji. Girls were not something he had dealt with much in the past, when he had lived with other boys at the Southern Air Temple, and Yue was the only kid around his age at the South Pole. He was trying not to act really awkward, but he wasn't used to someone flirting with him like she was doing. He blushed as she laid her head down on his lap, and said, "Uh, no, I guess not." He was also still feeling upset over the deaths he had recently witnessed, those guys in black and Zhao kept running through his mind, where as before he hadn't seen so much as a mosquito-fly swatted.

Cheng

"With all due respect, sir," Cheng told Xin Fu in a respectful tone, "You told us to remain in the ship and to forget about capturing the Avatar. We were just following your orders. I think we all thought you would be able to handle a handful of rebels and a few teenagers."

Toph

"Cheng, I've got this one." Toph said lowly so only Cheng could hear. She appreciated his courage in standing up to Xin Fu, but she had a plan. "I also have something to say." She prepared herself waiting for Xin Fu's reaction. "We weren't doing anything because the Fortress of Kao is very well guarded and we thought you would do fine on your own. Your troops are well trained in all matters. We didn't know a mere girl and her friends could cause so much havoc! We were also leaving the Avatar to you, almighty Xin Fu. And also as my comrade Cheng said, 'we were just following your orders.'"

Azula

Azula glared over at On Ji. Then she glowered at Zuko. "She is right you know. Flying would be a lot easier. Feng could fly in the clouds so no one could see us and then we'd be on our way." She knew she was getting on his nerves, but she didn't see the point of floating in a river, and she definitely didn't want him to start ranting again.

Yue

"Are you alright Aang?" Yue asked, sending a glare at On Ji. She felt that her flirting with Aang wasn't appropriate, especially with what the boy had gone through the past few days. Seeing so many people die in such a short time must have damaged Aang's mind. She deeply hoped that Aang would recover in time.

((End Page 26))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Xin Fu

"Well I didn't bloodly well expect them to have a dragon with them!!" Xin Fu exploded with rage. He struck Toph in the cheek with great force, enough to send her sprawling onto the floor. The commander proceeded to rip off the bandage covering his face.

"Because of you all, I have been permanently scarred by that beast!" Xin Fu shouted. The entire left side of his face was bare of skin. All tissue and other materials were left shown. His eye was fully exposed with no eye lid to cover it.

Zuko

On Ji stuck her tongue out at Yue and Azula and continued to rest her head on Aang's lap. Zuko sighed at Azula and was about to respond before he saw a village up ahead. It was a collection of boat houses joined together by planks of wood. On a hill an Earth Kingdom factory could be seen.

"We're close to running out of supplies....again....so we should make a stop at the village." Zuko said. Feng lifted up and quietly flew over to a cave so they could disembark.

Cheng

"Don't hit her!" Cheng found himself yelling before he regained control of himself, his sword already half-drawn. He attempted to regain a respectul tone but even to him, it sounded fake. He spoke, "Many soldiers are harmed in war. I'm sorry for you face, but I have a feeling you wouldn't have liked us helping even if we did capture the Avatar, sir."

Toph

Toph grimaced as she struck the ground. She had seen the blow coming, but didn't defend herself. Then she took in the gruesome details of his face. She could tell there was a lot of skin missing, especially around the eye, but that was about it. These were times Toph was glad she was blind. Then she was stunned at Cheng's outburst. She didn't think he cared that much...

Azula

Azula gladly jumped off Feng and stretched. Sitting on a cramped dragon was not fun. Especially when Zuko was on it. Sometimes he wasn't that bad, but recently he was just plain annoying.

Kuei

"We are done here, Commander. You will not harm my niece anymore." Kuei announced, standing up to leave. He went to the door but two guards blocked his way. Kuei ordered them to stand down, but they did not. They pushed the Prince back into his seat.

"No, we are not. I will have you all pay for this. You will all be hanged by the neck until death. Unless of course, the Princess is willing to do me a favor."

Zuko

"Ok now, is everyone ready?" Zuko asked, gathering his swords. On Ji sat up and hopped off Feng. She streched herself and glanced at him.

"I'm ready, Zuzu." On Ji said, smirking. The prince growled with frustration, glaring at his sister. Great, she taught On Ji his most hated nickname. Just great. Like that girl wasn't enough of a pest. She was just like his sister. One Azula he could deal with. Two Azulas was a nightmare.

Cheng

"Kuei is of higher rank," Cheng spoke, surprised by Xin Fu's actions, "It is treason to even threaten him. If he wanted, he could have you hung for this." He glanced around. This wasn't good. The fortress was full of Xin Fu's men and he didn't think they could fight them all.

Aang

"I'm fine, Yue," Aang responded to his friend, and jumped down off Feng, cushioning the landing with airbending. "I'm ready, Zuko," he said, frowning slightly. Zuko certainly didn't seem to get along well with his sister or On Ji, and it didn't seem like Yue liked him much either, from what he'd seen. Aang felt bad for him, but he thought Zuko was strong, and could handle it, since he'd been a good leader so far.

Toph

Toph was slightly disturbed by all that was going on. Before she could stop herself she said, "What's the favor?" Where was the sarcasm in that Toph? Where was the dramatic pause and the drawn out sigh? A part of her answered. It said, Cheng's life's at stake. No fooling around.

Yue

"I'm ready." Yue answered. She jumped off of the dragon and walked over to the others. She looked at the village down below. It seemed quite poor in comparsion to the other cities they were at. Then again, the Earth Empire could have been partly responsible for the poor conditions of the town, and the polluted river.

Xin Fu

"Simple. Admit to me that you are weak, pathetic, and do not deserve to be princess. In fact...why don't you grovel at my feet." Xin Fu demanded, smirking. He hated Toph with a passion, and would love to see Toph dishonor herself like that.

Zuko

"Ok then, let's head out." Zuko said, and led the gang to the edge of the village. An old man in a boat paddled over to them at the shore.

"Hello! I'm Dock, welcome to our village. Say, you're the Avatar aren't you?" Dock asked Azula.

Azula

"Erm..." Azula scrambled for an answer. Should she reveal herself? It was the Fire Nation, not the Earth Empire. "Ya, I am." Dock seemed nice enough, she couldn't see anything wrong with him.

Toph

Toph laughed. But she knew he was being serious, but there was no way she would do that. She looked to Kuei, Cheng, and the old man. But yet again he couldn't have them hanged because Kuei was of higher rank... unless her father approved. She stopped herself from moving her feet anxiously. She found when she was nervous her toes wiggled.

Cheng

Cheng frowned. If there was one trait Toph had that both drove him to frustration and admiration, it was her pride. He knew that the last thing she'd want would be to denounce herself, let alone grovel at Xin Fu's feet. He murmured rebelliously, "What? You get some kind of sick thrill from 12 year old girls grovelling at your feet?"

Dock

"Great, I thought you were." Dock said, pulling out a scroll and unrolling it. It was an Earth Empire wanted poster for the Avatar. He put it back up and ushered the kids into the boat. As they rowed to the village, Dock continued.

"Say, maybe you can help us with a problem, Miss Avatar." Dock said.

Xin Fu

"Why you little brat!" the commander shouted. His eyes flickered to Toph again, and he smiled. For that little outburst, she would pay. Xin Fu raised his hand to strike Cheng, but a soldier walked into the room.

"What?!" Xin Fu barked out.

"Sir, Lady Kyo wishes to speak with the Princess." the soldier reported, bowing.

"I don't care what nobility wants to speak with the girl, she will stay with me until--"

"She's with the Black Dragon Order."

This response silenced Xin Fu. After a moment he nodded for the soldier to fetch the Lady. Moments later Lady Kyo and two men at her side entered. All three wore black with the symbol of a dragon. A hat covered most of Kyo's face.

"Greetings, Princess Toph. I trust you remember me."

Toph

Toph studied the woman who had just saved them. "I can't say I do..." She recognized the robes though. A whole bunch of people in those robes had been int he fight when Kuei had gotten separated from them. Now she knew who had come. The Black Dragon Order. Sounded deadly.

Azula

"What kind of problem would this be?" Azula asked politely. The last favor she had done didn't turn out so good. They ended up having to take On Ji with them and Zhao was most likely dead or dieing.

Dock

"Well, we've been having all sorts of trouble lately in our village. The Painted Lady, our village's spirit, has been kidnapping our people and Earth Imperial scientists in retribution for polluting the river. Since you're the bridge between the Spirit World and our world, you might be able to help us out." Dock answered. The boat reached the village and he stepped off. On Ji and Zuko followed.

Lady Kyo

"Princess Toph, I would like you to describe your encounters with the Avatar in full detail." Lady Kyo demanded. Her men left her side and split up. On stepped over to Bumi on the far right, and the other went to Kuei at the far left. A flash of steel was seen and in an instant both held daggers to the father and son.

Cheng

Cheng once again gripped his sword. He sighed and thought, "We're supposed to be among our comrade and yet someone's always holding swords or knives to our throats."

Toph

"What do you mean full detail? Once we were in the South Pole and the other... you were there. What kind of details do you need?" She couldn't see the point of threatening someone for details about something. It didn't make any sense.

Lady Kyo

"Tell me everything you know about the Avatar. Who is she? Who are her companions? Does she know any other elements yet? Does she know about Chin's Comet? Has she visited the Spirit Realm yet?" Lady Kyo clarrified. She doubted the princess knew all the answers, but it was worth a try. Whatever she knew about the Avatar would be valueable information.

Toph

"How am I suppose to know these things? I've only seen her twice, three times! I didn't even get to interrogate her." Toph replied to the lady. She didn't like her. There was something ominous about her...

Azula

"I guess I could help you." Azula stammered. Right now she wouldn't admit that she didn't even know how to connect with the Spirit World, or talk with Spirits for that matter. Was there a different language? Or did they just kind of convey their thoughts into your mind? She was clueless.

Lady Kyo

At this point Xin Fu decided to barge in. "These are my prisoners! I don't care if you're apart of the Order of the Black Dragon, you have no right to interrogate them!" the commander shouted, grabbing Kyo's arm.

In a flash one of the black-clothed men had Xin Fu to the wall, dagger held inches from his face. "No one touches or threatens the Lady Kyo." the man hissed. The woman held up a hand, and the Black Dragon member backed off.

"You want to know who I am, Commander? Very well." Kyo said, and lifted her hat. She positioned herself in such a way so only the commander could see her face.

"Y-You're....you're..." Xin Fu suddenly stampered with fright. He backed away from the towering woman.

"Right, I am her. You'd best remember my identity if you wish to live, Xin Fu. Speak no one of my face, least you die a horrible accident." Lady Kyo warned. She turned to Toph."When the girl turned into the Avatar State, did you notice anything unusual?"

Dock

"Great! Well, here we are. I'll go tell the other villagers the Avatar's here to protect us. Hm, why don't I treat you all first? It's the least I can do with the Avatar here to help. My brother Shu can give you great discounts at the shop." Dock rambled, leading the children to a rotting shack.

"Do you even know how to contact spirits?" Zuko whispered to his sister.

Yue

Yue walked along with the others, looking around the village. It seemed to be very poor, and not built all that well. The people visible seemed thin and sickly. It was likely the Imperial factory up above drained the town of most of its resources, and helped put it in this sorry condition. What was worse, the Imperials were causing the Painted Lady to kidnap village members. Those damn monsters, doing things like this. Another reason the Earth Empire needed to be stopped. Yue picked up Zuko's whisper to his sister. Wait, did Azula not know how to contact the spirits? That'd be problematic.

Cheng

Cheng frowned at the sight of the Black Dragons. He didn't trust them. He just couldn't help but have a bad feeling about them. He gripped his sword. Well, at least their leader scared Xin Fu. He just wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.

Azula

Azula twiddled her thumbs. "I think I know the basic concept of it..." She whispered back to her brother. But she wasn't going to admit that to the villagers! She'd just act like she knew what she was doing. Maybe she could help this village in some other way though; it looked very sickly and weak and in use of some fixing up. She sighed. This was going to be yet another trial for the Avatar.

Toph

Toph frowned in concentration. Seeing that this Lady was to be respected she just said the information instead of teasing her with it like she would have done with Xin Fu. "There was an argument of some kind. There were some spirits yelling. I believe one of them was Avatar Kyoshi."

Dock

"I'll be right back, just need to get my brother." Dock said, and disappeared behind the shack. He reappeared, with a different hat, and walked into the stall. "Hello! The name's Shu. My brother said your friend here is the Avatar and will help save us, so I'm going to give you some discounts. So, what would you like? We have the one headed fish, two-headed fish, three headed fish, something that looks like a clamb, and something very rare; fresh bison meat!" Shu proudly declared, displaying his items to the kids. The only thing that looked edible was the one-headed fish and bison meat.

Zuko put a hand over his mouth and tried not to breath through his nose. That polluted river had done horrible things to the fish here. Well, it looked like they wouldn't buy much here.

Lady Kyo

"As I suspected, good. That is all I have to say unless...hmm, former Emperor Bumi. I'm surprised to see you here. So, we meet again." Lady Kyo said, taking notice of the old man.

Aang

Aang thought the man was funny, especially after he dissappeared behind the shack and called himself a different name. However, that changed when he saw the Bison Meat, and cringed, looking at it in horror. "Bison meat? That's sick," he said. The Sky Bison were the first airbenders, and though Aang didn't have his own Bison, he felt a kinship with them, which made it hard for him to even be near this bison meat, knowing something like a relative had died to give it.

Bumi

"Hmm? I suppose so, but there's one problem with that. I don't have the faintest clue who you are," Bumi said, and laughed.

Azula

"Three-headed fish!" Azula blurted. Then blushing she said, "Unless you guys would like something else... I just think the three-headed fish looks cool." She felt bad for Aang. She didn't know much about Airbenders except that usually they had pet bison. That was about the extent of her knowledge about them... And that some of the temples got wiped out.

Toph

Toph sighed and a faint smile pulled at her lips when she heard her grandfather's comment and laugh. She too wondered who this woman was, and was stumped at who it might be.

((End Page 27))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Yue

Yue raised an eyebrow at Azula. "Ah, Azula, I don't think the three-headed fish looks all that...edible. Besides, it's been mutated by the polluted river. It might not be safe to eat." Hopefully she could reason with Azula, talk her out of getting that thing. Maybe Zuko would be smart enough not to get it. The only thing she might eat woud be the bison meat, though she wouldn't want to get it for Aang's sake. Sky Bison were pets of the Air Nomads, and he would never eat that meat.

Cheng

Cheng felt himself smile at Bumi's antics. He didn't know if the old man was joking or being serious. It was hard to tell at times. He bowed to the assassin, feeling uneasy in her presence, "Is that all, milady?" That was the way he was. He could switch from being himself to military protocol if it was needed.

Lady Kyo

"We've met before, Bumi. Though that was quite a long time ago. I don't expect you to remember me. I'd tell you who I am, but then I'd have to kill you. Goodday, Princess. I hope we meet again." Lady Kyo said, walking out of the room. Her guards followed her. Silence followed.

Zuko

"Azula, a three-headed fish is not a good idea. It could be poisoness for all we know. We'll just...take the one headed fish." Zuko said, hearing Aang's unease with the bison meat. He handed Shu (or whoever he was, since it seemed the man had drank too much river-water) the money and bought several bundles of fish. Hopefully that would last awhile.

Suddenly a fog streamed in, covering the village in an instant. A demonic wail soon followed. Shu paled, and immediately ushered the villagers inside.

"I-It's the Painted Lady! Well Miss Avatar, it's been fun knowning you. Bye!" Shu said and quickly ran away. Zuko scowled at Shu's running figure. Coward! Another wail followed, and Zuko darted his eyes left and right. It seemed closer this time.

"W-Well I don't know about yo-you guys, b-but I vote that we leave and l-let Azula handle this." On Ji suggested, her frightfulness cracking in her voice.

Azula

"But I need emotional support!" Azula said quickly, making up an excuse for them to stay. But instead she gulped and said, "I guess I should confront this Painted Lady then." She waited for someone to say something before she headed out into the mist.

Toph

Toph kept silent for a while. She thought about what Lady Kyo had said. She'd tell you who she was, but then she'd have to kill you. Of course Xin Fu was somewhat of a squealer, a boaster if you will. She stared in Xin Fu's direction. "Well that was strange."

Zuko

"Well, I'm not objecting!" On Ji said, and went to hide behind a shack. Zuko glared at her before returning his attention to his sister. He sure hoped she knew what she was doing. Dealing with Spirits was always a tricky business, as Uncle Iroh had said. You never knew what they would do to you until it was too late.

"Do you want help?" Zuko asked.

Xin Fu

"Go." Xin Fu ordered, turning away from the Princess. He seemed shaken by Lady Kyo's visit.

Azula

"If you'd like to help I wouldn't object it, but I don't see how you could actually help considering you can't talk to spirits..." Azula rambled in her nervousness. But deciding against taking Zuko out there she took a deep breath. "I'm going alone." Then she started out into the fog. "Hey! Mrs. Painted Lady! Where are you! I'd like to talk to you." She yelled out to the empty space.

Toph

Toph waved for the others to follow. It was not often that Xin Fu showed any emotions like fear, but when he did it was bad. She wanted to get out of here and fast.

Cheng

Cheng didn't need to be told twice. He simply followed Toph as fast as he could. When they were out of earshot, he grinned at her, "I just remembered. Tonight's music night."

Kuei

Kuei stood up and left the room. He waited outside for the his niece, father, and the boy. The mysterious Lady Kyo haunted his mind. Who was that woman, who commanded such power?

Zuko

Zuko was about to reply, but was suddenly cut off as the Painted Lady revealed herself, standing infront of Azula. She looked absolutely terrifying. Her body was huge and beast like in shape and appearance. A white demonic mask covered her face, tentecles sprouted out of her back, razor sharp teeth bared themselves at the Avatar, and four claw-sharpened arms were inches away from Azula. The Painted Lady let out a roar.

Yue

Yue backed away from the others, deeply frightened by the sight of the Painted Lady. Spirits, what was this thing? How could it even be a Spirit? It looked more like a demon from the underworld. And Azula had to face this thing...they all had to really, if the Painted Lady chose to go after them. Spirits, they were doomed.

Azula

"Umm... Hello Painted Lady, I was wondering if you'd stop terrorizing this village. As you can see you've done a lot of damage not counting the damage already done.. by the... factory..." Azula lost her steam as she studied the Painted Lady closer. She gulped. "So what do you say Painted Lady?" She stood in her spot her legs glued to the wood under her.

Toph

Toph smirked. "And I take it I've lost the bet since Enakue hasn't had any liquor correct?"

Cheng

"Correct," Cheng told Toph with a victorious grin. He decided to tease her a little, "I'm sure you'll look very cute tonight."

Kuei

"So I take it you two have gotten together while I was gone, then?" Kuei asked, a grin on his face. He just loved to embarrass his niece.

Painted Lady

The Painted Lady roared again and batted Azula away like she was a rag doll. She went on to destroying houses in the village. Zuko rushed at her, swords raised, but was easily thrown towards Yue. The Painted Lady suddenly stopped in front of Aang, and stared at him. The spirit growled.

Toph

"I have one question though, does wearing a dress include make-up and fancy hair?" Toph truly wondered this. She hoped not, but if she had to she would. She had bet and she had lost, and she would pay up. Then what Kuei had said registered in her mind. "Kuei!" She cried playfully. a huge deep red blush spread across her face.

Azula

"Ow." Azula stood up sorely and grimaced as her back cracked. "That was great, just apple-peachy." She then saw Zuko rush at the Spirit. As she was about to say not to he went flying. Then she saw the Spirit threaten Aang. She began sprinting towards the Spirit. "Get away from him!" She yelled and prepared a fire blast.

Cheng

Cheng felt his entire face glow bright red. If he didn't know better, he'd have sworn he could boil an egg on it from the heat on his cheeks. This was one of the very few times he was grateful that Toph was blind. He spoke, "N-no. It's only a bet. And you can do what you with your hair and stuff, Toph. You look great enough as it is." He felt his blush deepen. That be interpreted that he liked Toph that way. He didn't, did he?

Yue

Before she could react, Zuko crashed into her. Yue hit the wooden floor with a loud thump. Rubbing her head, she tried to sit up--only to smack her forehead against Zuko's. She hissed with pain and tried to register what was going on. It seemed Zuko had somehow winded up on top of her. Yue blushed at this situation. Just great...

Kuei

"Whatever you say. Doesn't sound that way to me." Kuei said, grinning madly. He hummed the 'Two Lovers' song, loud enough for Toph and Cheng to hear. Ah, he loved messing with Toph. It was just too easy and fun. It sure did beat practicing earthbending.

"Just make sure that when you two do go out, that you don't take advantage of the poor boy Toph." Kuei said innocently.

Zuko

Zuko gave a loud yell as he was sent flying by the spirit and crashed into Yue. Somehow, he managed to land on top of her, and a split-second later she smashed her forehead against his. Again. Blushing, Zuko quickly rolled off of her and massaged his aching head. He remembered what was happening and quickly got up, rushing at the Painted Lady.

The beastly spirit tossed Zuko away again, this time sending him at his sister. The beast grabbed Aang and On Ji and started to run away.

Aang

To his credit, the young airbender held up well as the painted lady spirit appeared. He didn't cry out, but his legs became locked, and he found himself suddenly alone, and now the spirit was in front of him. "M-m-monkeyfeathers," he stuttered. He noticed that the spirit was angry, but why at him, he hadn't ever been here before. He then remembered Azula saying something about the factory, and how it had polluted the river.

Bumi

Bumi left the room after his neice, son, and the boy, looking at Xin Fu one last fine. Who was that woman, who inspired such fear in a normally overconfident, arrogant, man? He might be senile, but that didn't mean he was that forgetful, now who had he met before that could possibly be Lady Kyo? Oh well, he'd think on it for awhile.

Aang

Suddenly the spirit picked him up, along with On Ji, and was running away. This time, Aang yelled out, in surprise and fear. Where was the spirit taking them? Was it going to eat them?

Azula

Suddenly Zuko slammed into her and Azula and Zuko her sent in a tumble. "Oof." Zuko was on top of her. "Zuko. Off. Please." She muttered into the dirt and wood. Who knew if Aang was alright she couldn't see a thing.

Toph

Toph didn't say anything. Her blush only deepened. "Wonder where Enakue is anyway." She said switching topics.

Cheng

"Counting the minutes until he can drink again?" Cheng guessed, glad to get off the topic of his and Toph's romance. No, not-romance. They were just friends, right?

Zuko

Zuko quickly got off of his sister, just wondering how that had happened again. He stood up, just in time to see the Painted Lady carrying On Ji and Aang off into the distance. The fog started to disappear as the creature vanished from site. Agni, why did this always have to happen to them?"The Painted Lady has Aang and On Ji!"

Kuei

A sudden thought occured to Kuei. He gave a devilish grin. "Say Toph, Dad has given you the facts of life speech, right? I wouldn't want you to start dating Cheng without knowing that."

Cheng

Cheng felt his face redden once again. Of course, he knew what "the facts of life" were. He learned it from watching the hogmonkey's his family had reproduce. He opened his mouth, but closed it, finding he had nothing to say in reply to Kuei's latest teasing.

Toph

"Kuei!" Her face was flushed now. Hopefully Cheng wouldn't see. Of course she couldn't tell if he was blushing as badly as her.

Azula

"I'll be back with them, don't worry." Azula had heard Zuko and started running towards where the spirit had disapeared using fire blasts to help her go faster. She should be upon the Spirit soon, she just needed a little more speed...

Cheng

Cheng looked over to see how Toph was taking Kuei's teasing. Wait... Was she blushing? The soldier felt himself blushing even more, his heart beating rapidly as he pondered the reason Toph was blushing. It wasn't like she liked him that way, right?

Zuko

"No, wait!" Zuko cried, but his sister was already gone. Dangit, why did this always have to happen to them? First they were cought by Cousin Lu Ten, then they were captured by the Roku Warriors, and now a spirit was stealing his friends away. What next? Were they all going to get sick, and Azula would be their only hope, but she'd get captured by the Empire?

Meanwhile, On Ji was kicking and hitting the spirit in an attempt to free them. It was all in vain, as it did not affect the Painted Lady. The demonic spirit continued to run away. The fog vanished more, and her body started to disappear. Along with On Ji and Aang.

Kuei

"Oh, you don't know do you?" Kuei asked with a wide grin, "Well Toph, when a mommy and daddy love each other very much they-"

Cheng

"I think we all know what they do!" Cheng told Kuei hurriedly. He did not need to be given the Talk again. Though, he was grateful Kuei didn't make them watch hogmonkies mate like his dad did when he was 11.

((End Page 28))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:16 pm

Yue

Yue cried out in horror as she saw Aang and On Ji plucked away by the evil spirit. Azula went after them, and she hoped dearly that she'd rescue them. Aang...she didn't know what she'd do if that spirit killed him. She was like a brother to him. The closest family she'd had after her father left them, and before they met Zuko and Azula.

"Please, please rescue Aang..." Yue whispered.

Aang

Aang yelled out and struggled against the spirit's grip as they started dissappearing.

Bumi

"Now now, Kuei, be careful with your teasing, or I may just let something slip from your younger days," Bumi said, joining in the conversation.

Cheng

Cheng felt himself laugh at the thought of what Bumi knew about Kuei, glad the conversation was shifting from him and Toph. He spoke, "I do wonder what Kuei did when he was my age."

Toph

Toph smirked. "Oh yes! Please tell me about Kuei! I'm sure
there's something worth knowing about him." She waited for
Kuei's reaction.

Azula

Azula tried to catch up, but the Painted Lady was gaining more and more distance between them. With a plan she yelled, "Aang, On Ji, can you try to wiggle free and jump?!"

Painted Lady

The Painted Lady, along with her captives, completely disappeared as the fog lifted. Suddenly, a loud voice rang out in Azula's mind, "Sleep, girl. Become one with the Spirit. You have much to learn today..." A strong force willed the Avatar into unconsciousness. When she awoke, her spirit would be separated from her body.

Kuei

"Look, the Earth Day Festival went really well, everyone was doing it, and I was drunk. They dropped the charges and swore to never speak of it again, so shut up already!" Kuei quickly shouted before his mind could catch up to what he had said. The Imperial Prince blushed and picked up his pace, trying to leave the others.

Cheng

"There is not speaking of it and then there's forgetting about it," Cheng told Kuei with a smirk. He looked over at Toph with a look that said, Should we forgive him or torture him? He winked.

Toph

Toph laughed. "Ah, Kuei, how much we love you so. But I'll never forget that now." Then she beamed. She had just caught Cheng's wink, but didn't know what it meant for she couldn't see the look in his eyes.

Azula

Azula had clamped her hands over her ears at the loud voice. It was almost headache inducing loud. And then she had collapsed into unconsciousness. She remembered what the voice said and she repeated it over and over. What did become one with the spirit mean?

Cheng

Cheng was about to add something, but they had reached the ship just as the sun had set. He heard the crackle of fireworks and grinned. Music Night had begun. He smiled at Toph, "Ready to pay up?"

General Narrative

Azula eventually awoke from her slumber, and her spirit rose from her physical body. It was night now, and the Painted Lady was still nowhere to be seen. Feng was now curcled around his master, protecting her body. With her now in spirit form, Azula could not bend, or feel anything. Nor could anyone, unless spiritually enlightended, see her.

Kuei

"Now now Toph, watch your tongue. We wouldn't want Cheng finding out about 'the incident' now would we?" Kuei asked, smirking. Like they had earlier, he was deliberatly changing the subject.

Cheng

Cheng smiled, deciding to tease Toph a little, "What incident? Is it something that I should know about?"

Kuei

"Oh nothing much. Just a little matter of Toph's childhood, and an embarrassing moment that happened." Kuei hinted at, grinning in a somewhat evil manner.

Cheng

"Ah. I see. Hmm... Would Toph want you telling me about that?" Cheng asked Toph's uncle in amusement.

Azula

Azula stood up carefully. She couldn't step over Feng so she said, "Hey, Feng, could you move so I could kinda scoot through here?"

Toph

Toph's cheeks turned crimson. "If you want to talk about embarrassing moments why don't you ask Grandfather. He could whip out a few." She smiled wickedly at Kuei.

Feng

The dragon did not respond. On closer inspection, it seemed he was not asleep. In fact, he did not take notice of Azula standing up. It was night now, and the moon shone brightly. What light there was revealed that Azula, or her spirit standing up, was translucent. A few inches from Azula sat her meditating mortal body.

Cheng

"Okay. Everyone has secrets they don't want anyone to talk about," Cheng said with a grin, "I think we get it." He smirked at Toph, "Ready for Music Night?"

Toph

Toph grimaced. "The dress better not be frilly... or poofy in any way. And it better not be pink. Bleck." She stuck her tongue out. Really she didn't care. All that mattered was that she held up her end of the deal. She was one of those people.

Azula

Azula gasped and stared at her skin. It was an eerie blue color and almost see through. She turned around and saw her own body. It was kind of weird. Then it all clicked. "I must be in the Spirit World!"

Cheng

"I left it in your room," Cheng told her with a grin, "Don't worry, it's green. I don't want to be the guy that made you wear pink. I want to live."

Kuei

"Toph in a dress? This I have to see." Kuei grinned.

NPC

In the distance, something could be seen running to Azula. As it came closer, it became clearer to what it was. A badger-mole, somewhat larger then what its kind ususally was, was running straight towards the Avatar. Its skin glowed the same blue color her's did.

Azula

Azula's eyes widened. Then she jumped over Feng (well not exactly a jump more of a crawl over then fall on the ground.) and started running. But the badgermole was fast.

Toph

"Whatever." Toph silently complained. She had been sure Enakue would have found some liquor. "Besides I think you would rather have seen Cheng in a dress."

Cheng

"Come on Toph, it's not that bad," Cheng told Toph with a grin, "I know I'd rather see you in a dress than myself."

General Narritave

The badgermole suddenly leapt into the air and landed in front of Azula. It kneeled down to let her on it.

((End Page 29))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Suki

Suki looked at Haru and then to the ground. She was getting anxious. She didn't want to get caught or anything. But she didn't want to do anything rash. She looked at Haru again and finally spoke.

"So what should we do now?"

Azula

Azula jumped back as the badgermole stopped. It seemed to want to take her for a ride? This was way too weird, but she hopped on. Hey? What could happen?

Toph

"I'd rather see you in a dress." Toph then hurried to her room. She was surprised to see that the dress wasn't actually that bad. It was a little big though so it drug on the ground a little. Oh well. Hastily she pulled up her hair. That was as dressed up as she was going to get.

Cheng

Cheng smiled as he wait for Toph to emerge from her room. He really wished he could somehow create a portrait of her instantly at the moment she came out, but that was impossible. He'd have to settle for his memory. He spoke, "Ready, Toph?"

((All Pages Have Been Moved))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:33 pm

((Ok, all the pages have been loaded. Ok, now to announce a change of plans. Instead of continuing where we left off, we will skip to two episodes before the Season Finale. Why? Because I think we should move there already. In case some of us were losing interest, I decided to move things ahead. So, now we will move two episodes before the Season Finale. If no one has any objections, I will start us off.))
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:39 pm

((Quick question, do we have everybody that was participating before?))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:41 pm

((Hmm...U_WB still hasn't signed up for the site. I'll remind her to do so soon.))
Back to top Go down
Unknown_WaterBender

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:46 pm

((I'm here now. Just made the account. Thanks for the reminder Magus. No objections from me.))
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 pm

((I have a question. Where are our characters now?))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:16 pm

((I've decided to skip the side plot, if that is ok with you Toko. Once we skip ahead to eipsode 17, Azula and the new Gaang will be landing at the new Fire Nation capital. Ty Lee is still at the Western Air Temple, and will get involved in the next episode. Suki, Jet, Haru, Sokka, Katara, and others will be involved once we get onto the second season. Hmm....if you want to be involved quickly Toko, On Ji is open. I was playing her, but wouldn't mind giving her up. In this, On Ji is a semi-more important character, and will be involved in this episode.))
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm

(Sure. Just tell me what she's doing.)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm

((Sure, I'll tell you via PM in a moment.))
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 2:46 pm

On Ji looked around the capital. She was having a hard time not being overly impressed. The young firebender didn't want to seem like a tourist or something. So she walked calmly around the place, sneeking looks at everything she could.

"Wow this is amazing," she muttered to herself.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:51 pm

((Hold on from posting Toko. I'm waiting for AI and Lol to post saying whether or not they're ok with the change I made.))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

(I'm fine with it. Where would Cheng, Toph, Bumi, and Kuei be?)
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:15 pm

((Kuei would have left, after being called back to Ba Sing Se by his brother. Cheng, Toph, and Bumi would be at a Earth Imperial naval base, planning on what to do next now that the Avatar is in the new capital of the Fire Nation.))
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:39 pm

[[ I have no objections. Start us off... I think everyone's replied right? ]]
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:49 pm

((Yes, new episode begins now!))

Chapter 16: Ursa

After all this time, they were finally here. It took all of Zuko's control not to yell in happiness. After traveling for some time, they had arrived at the new capital of the Fire Nation. They had had a rough journy, getting trapped in the Earth Empire at one point. But now they were here, finally home. Somewhat. It wasn't the same home from before, but it was good enough for Zuko. After all, Uncle Iroh and their parents should be here.

After landing at the new palace, Feng was lead away by stable masters. A old, large man ran up to great them.

"Zuko, Azula, it is so great to see you both alive!" Fire Lord Iroh exclaimed, grabbing his niece and nephew into a bear hug. Tears of joy fell down his face.

---------------------------

General Narrative

Miles away from the new palace in an ocean naval base, the exiled Princess and her crew were resting, and planning on what to do next. The Avatar had managed to escape their clutches again, when they had been close to capturing them in the Earth Empire. But it had all been a failure, and they had nearly lost several members of her crew. At one point Cheng and Bumi had been captured by rebels, but they had been rescued. Now the crew was planning on what to do next.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:04 pm

(OOC: Wait, how is Azula learning airbending?)
Cheng stood beside Toph with a frown on his face. The Avatar was in the Fire Nation capital now. It would be impossible to just march in and take her. The city had held strong since the capital was moved there. He glanced at Toph. He was concerned about her. The Avatar had eluded her again and again. He had always wanted her to capture the Avatar so she could return home but ever since Music Night, he had mixed feelings about it. Would they be separated when they brought the Avatar back home?

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air   Avatar: The Legend of Azula, Book 1: Air - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next