New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Book Four: Air, Part Two

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:12 pm

To say that Zuko was furious would be taking things too lightly. The Fire Lord walked in front of the unit with his friends; Aang, Katara and Ty Lee. He was glad to have them at his side. Their presence calmed him enough to bypass his rage so he can focus on his priorities.
Zuko could not understand this rebellion. Who would be foolish enough to not want peace? Yes, over the hundred years of war many loved ones have been lost. But that was his father's fault, not the Earth Kingdom's, or the Water Kingdom's, nor even the Fire Kingdom's fault as a whole. At first, Zuko wanted to be civil...well at least more civil than usual. Aang and the others wanted him to just talk it out with the leaders of the rebellion.
And then they kidnapped Mai.
Zuku clenched his fist. After he finds Mai, he is going to make sure to burn this 'General's face off.

Zuko took a deep breath and cleared his mind. In the past few days they had found nothing. No Fire Nation Rebellion, no Mai...The Fire Lord snarled,
"It's like searching for a needle in a stack of needles" He growled, loud enough for his friends to hear.

He had followed the Fire Lord's unit since they first set out. He watched from a distance, skillfully making sure not to be seen. He was sure that the Fire Lord and his friends had noticed his presence, and just did nothing. Hiruki smiled under the red cloth that hid his nose and mouth. The mask matched the red cloak that covered his who body. His hair was long and black.
"What will you do, young Lord of Fire?" he grinned under his breath.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Mai looked at the food and then to the door. After a minute or so, she finally took the tray. She took the dry piece of bread from it, eating it in only a couple of seconds. She felt disgusted that she would give into the hungar so soon. Mai couldn't allow herself to break quickly. She wanted to be able to hold her head high when she saw this general (if she ever did), only to spit on him. The thought made Mai smile for real this time.

Looking at the remaining food, Mai felt her face go back to her scowl. Then she promptly threw the tray against the door.
--------------------
Akemi sat outside her tent. She wasn't really doing anything, but she was having trouble just sitting around. She knew that they were safe. That the Fire Lord wouldn't be able to find them anytime soon. But she was faintly bugged by the constant thought that he would be after them fiercely because they had taken his wife.

"Serves him right," Akemi muttered.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:07 pm

"Hey! It's not my fault! I'm used to staying up late and sleeping until noon!" Sokka exclaimed. He crossed his arms and asked, "What's with your energy this morning?"
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:25 pm

IC: Katara

She gazed at Zuko worriedly. She knew this search was hard on him, harder than it was on anyone else. He did not allow himself to rest, at all, and it was beginning to show. Katara sighed and touched him on the arm to get his attention.

"Zuko... We'll find her," she said.

IC: Toph

"I slept good. Do I need any other reason why I've got energy?" she said, grinning. "Besides, we're heading off on an adventure! That's exciting, right? Aren't you pumped?"

Toph knew it was more than that, of course. They were hunting down a murderer, after all, and a murderer who would stop at nothing to hurt Sokka. But by putting a fresh spin on it, she hoped it would not weigh so heavily on Sokka.

IC: NPC Guard

The guard sighed. "You really should eat, miss. How else are you going to remain healthy? The General certainly isn't going to take care of you if you get sick."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:33 pm

"Yep. Who doesn't want to be breathed fire at, drowned, or crushed to death by benders," Sokka commented sarcastically before smiling a little, "Still. Just like old times."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:36 pm

"Exactly!" said Toph. "And without your sister's hope and friendship speeches, too. So that is a definite bonus." She gave Sokka a friendly punch in the arm. "So lighten up there, Snoozles. We'll take care of each other, and everything will turn out just fine."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 pm

"Well, having an adventure with your girlfriend would brighten any guy's mood," Sokka mused with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:47 pm

"Ha. I knew that was what you were thinking," she said, with a smirk of her own. She gave him a quick hug. "Right back at ya, Snoozles." Stepping back from him, and blushing, she headed towards the front gates. "Okay, let's get going!"
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:03 pm

"Yep. Got anything packed?" he asked her as he headed out of the gates of the Bei Fong Estate. He was actually excited to be out on another adventure.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm

"As much as I'll ever need," said Toph. "Which isn't much, to tell the truth. I don't pack much, you know."

A few minutes later, they had left the Bei Fong estates behind, and were walking towards the river. If they followed it upstream, as Sokka had suggested earlier, there was no doubt they would learn more on Hahn and his followers.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:06 am

Zuko almost jumped when he felt Katara's hand on his arm. He broke his thoughts and looked at her. Her words have him a little comfort as well as assurance. He gave her a nod and his tired, yet strong eyes grew more determined than ever.
"Yes we will. By the Gods we will." He then turned and faced his men, "A change of stratagem. We will split up into smaller parties. Ty Lee, you take a group and head south. Aang, Katara, you're with me." He turned his head and glared at the figure that stood a few feet away from the unit.
"And you, Son of Cao," He said in his usual strong, commanding voice, "Will go with Ty Lee." He looked at everyone before issuing his final order, "The other two groups will head East and West. IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!"
"YES SIR!" the unit shouted in unison.

Hiruki grinned and stepped forward as he heard his father's name. He pulled down his cloth mask with his index finger, revealing his young, handsome face. "SO your recognized me, eh my lord? I expected no less." He bowed with grace and honor towards Zuko and his friends. "I, Cao Wei Hiruki son of Cao Shu Oda, shall carry out my orders flawlessly."
He walked over to Ty Lee with a smile, "It is an honor to meet you, Lady Ty Lee."

"LET'S MOVE OUT!", Zuko ordered.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 am

"Maybe I should just starve myself. It's not like any of you care about my well being," Mai replied dryly. "Besides maybe I want to get sick just to piss you all off."

Mai didn't actually mean her words. She had no intention of letting herself get weak in any way. But she wasn't in the mood to be pleasant right now and it felt good to take out her stress on someone else.
Back to top Go down
Ersher

Ersher

Location : On the run from two of the most beatiful dangerous Fire Nation women I've ever met, Azula & Ty Lee.

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 pm

IC: Jerrel

Jerrel waved over one of the barmaids. "Hey sweet thang over here!" Jerrel tried his best to blend in by making cat-calls to the barmaid like most of the other men in the bar, but he soon recognized exactaly who the barmaid was. Well, if it isn't Sokka's ex-girlfriend, Suki.

IC: Suki

Suki growled as she narrowed her eyes at Jerrel. Who the hell does he think he is, just because he works for that man stealer......no, calm down, you this was coming sooner or later. Suki sighed as she began to walk over to Jerrel's table. But it doesn't give HIM the right.... Suki was suddenly grabbed by a drunk and pulled into his lap.

"Hey, toots how about we have some real 'fun' later?" Asked the drunk.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:33 pm

IC: Guard

The guard huffed. "Have it your way then, miss. I'm just trying to help you, see. But do what you want. Starve, for all I care. It's probably what the General wants anyway."

After a few minutes of walking, they found themselves by the river where all the action had taken place a few days previous. Toph kept a wide berth of the rapids; she could still remember how close she had come to drowning again.

Of course, this time Sokka had been the one to save her.

"Upstream, then?" she said. "I think there's a small river-town a few miles up. That'd be where they'd go."

IC: Katara

She trailed after Zuko. She was glad he had shown a burst of energy, but she still worried that he might be pushing himself too hard.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 pm

"I hope when Zuko comes to save me, I get to hear you die," Mai said darkly. Then she ignored the guard. She couldn't let the people here get to her. She was unsure of why she was here, but Mai was going to do her best to make sure that they regretted taking her in the first place. She just hoped Zuko or someone or even herself could save her before she gets killed.

That made Mai sit up and smiled lightly. She was captured and locked up, but there was a small chance that she might be able to escape by herself. Of course she would have to plan it out carefully.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:44 pm

"That makes sense," Sokka told her, taking out a familiar cap and bubble-pipe. He liked to think that those items helped with mysteries.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Toph turned a little. She was not looking at Sokka; she would never be able to do that, really. But she was close to staring right at him. She lifted a brow.

"What... are you doing...?" she said, confused. His stance was weird. And she thought she heard bubbles being blow.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 am

"I'm using my detective gear! I got it when Aang was imprisoned for something Kysohi did," Sokka said matter-of-factly, "It helps me think."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Toph had heard of this story before. She had just never experienced it for herself. Was Sokka really playing the part of a detective, and complete with some over-the-top gear, now?

Yeah. He was.

She laughed. "Then I guess I should be thankful." Toph set off up the river, knowing Sokka would follow. "Let's go bag us some murderers."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:03 pm

"Of course," Sokka told her, blowing some bubbles before following her. Some said his quirks were annoying, but he liked to think they made him unique.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 pm

They trailed upriver for the rest of the morning. When midday brought with it a hot sun and a dry breeze, they took a break for lunch beneath the shade of a tree. Toph had packed a few goodies from the Bei Fong kitchens, so they were treated to a small but delicious meal.

"I got some money, too," she said. "We can buy more food, later, if we need to."

IC: ?

They watched the procession split up. One was led by the former acrobat, who now wore a Kyoshi Warrior uniform. The other was led by the Fire Lord himself. The Avatar and his lady were also seen.

"Send a hawk," he muttered to one of his companions. The man nodded. "The rest of you... Split up. Watch them. Report what you see."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:49 pm

"This is good, Toph. Thanks," Sokka said gratefully before stuffing his mouth. Hey, he may have become more mature now, but he was still the same goofball from they years before.
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 pm

Toph smiled at him. "Hey, don't mention it," she said. "Someone's gotta try and fill that stomach of yours." She patted him good-naturedly on the back, though she did rub his shoulders affectionately, for a few moments, as well. "You can repay me by buying me a cake sometime."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 pm

"Of course," Sokka told her with a grin, as he rubbed her back affectionately, "A warrior needs to be filled up. Both of them."
Back to top Go down
Big T

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Toph laughed. "I like the sound of that," she said. She liked the feel of his hand rubbing her back. She felt her face heat up with delight. "So we'll definitely but us a cake at some point. Life can't get any better than that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Four: Air, Part Two   Book Four: Air, Part Two - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Four: Air, Part Two
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next