New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brother_Fenir

Brother_Fenir

Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+) Empty
PostSubject: Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+)   Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:04 pm

"I'm leaving the fishin' the life I have known
The battle with nature that nobody's won
The fish stocks are dwindlin' and the shoals hard to find
I'm leaving the fishin' I've made up my mind.

Farewell tae the haven my heart it is sad
The drifters I'm leavin' tae work on the land.

My father worked drifters my grandfather tae
Ma brother's a skipper on the Elena Mae
And a worked at the fishin' just as soon as a could
So leavin's no easy the sea's in my blood.

I'll miss the wee boats though my thoughts are there yet
Wi' the lads on the Jeannie haulin' the net
We worked hard together and we laughed hard as well
Cursin' the weather and ridin' the swell.

I'll work in the wire-mill it's a good job they say
I'll start and I'll finish the same time every day
The money is constant and my wife she seems pleased
But I'll miss the fishin' and I'll miss the sea.

I'm leaving the fishin' the life I have known
The battle with nature that nobody's won
The fish stocks are dwindlin' and the shoals hard to find
I'm leaving the fishin' I've made up my mind.

The drifters I'm leavin' tae work on the land."

--
Farewell Tae the Haven, Celtic folk song

~

The quiet harbor town of Uaigneach Seilg (Gaelic for 'Lonely Hunt') had, for the past centuries since its founding, always counted on a steady fishing industry to maintain its economy. For awhile, it was a town of paradise...until the greedy MacFellimans arrived. They cheated almost all of their rivals out of the best fishing spots, and the MacFellimans wouldn't stop there. They stole profits from other fishermen, they swindled their way to fame, and abused the townsfolk by having "modern" laws passed so that
they could still have their profits maximized.

Now, almost a full decade later, the once peaceful town of Uaigneach Seilg is almost in complete ruins. The former shoals that once upon a time supported the town's economy have now been over-fished by the MacFellimans' monopoly and are now running close to bone dry. Crime, something once unheard of in a town such as this one, is now at an all-time high. People are starting to starve. The once-friendly pubs are now the scenes of nightly bar fights.

But, even in this bleak, grim outlook, a few still cling to the hope that the fishing is still good. And lo, their hopes had been realized when the
Seal of Dreams, a vessel not owned by the MacFellimans, brought in the first large haul of trout and received a very handsome profit, the size of which now worries the MacFelliman monopoly.

The chains the MacFellimans had placed on to Uaigneach Seilg are now just starting to crack and break. If the townsfolk can muster the strength and talent needed to produce more heroes like those on the
Seal, then maybe they can prosper once more...

"Neart le dóchas, saoirse ó dorchadas." (Strength by hope, freedom from darkness) -- Town motto of Uaigneach Seilg.

RULES:

--ALL STANDARD RULES APPLY. (Even the subsequent expansions released.)

--NO MARY-SUES OR GARY-STUS ALLOWED. (Need I remind you what this RP is about?)

--PICS 2-5 SENTENCES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

--THIS RP USES SOME GAELIC TERMS. USE THIS LINK TO HELP TRANSLATE THE ENGLISH WORD YOU WANT THE GAELIC TRANSLATION OF. (Note that most of this RP will still be English, so please, no posts entirely in Gaelic. Also, please provide the English translations to make our lives a bit easier.)

--I CAN CHANGE THE RULES. (Gabh ná éag. (Accept or die.) Your choice.)

--SHIPPING MUST BE CONTAINED. (Any shipping that exceeds a T+ will be subject to my wrath accordingly.)

--FUN. YOU MUST HAVE IT. (If you're not having fun, than no one else is.)

BIO TEMPLATE WILL FOLLOW SOON.
Back to top Go down
Brother_Fenir

Brother_Fenir

Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+)   Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:26 pm

BIO TEMPLATE:

username:

NAME:

LOOKS: (Please don't raep people's bandwidths with super huge, non-related anime pics. Put the link here if you want to use a picture.)

PERSONA: (How does your character act normally?)

HISTORY: (How did your character come into being?)

~~

username: Brother_Fenir

NAME: Oscar Tethers

LOOKS: Not very tall but not very short either; a healthy 170 lbs; black hair, green eyes, green t-shirt, blue jeans, olive sneakers; scar over his right eye

PERSONA: He wants to go fishing rather badly, but he isn't willing to have the MacFellimans dictate which ship he's on.

HISTORY: His family was once a very wealthy family before the MacFellimans showed up and shut all the competition down so they could have their monopoly flourish. With a knack for sailing, Oscar finds himself home at sea, but hates to put up with the MacFellimans and their pesky little "modern" laws.
Back to top Go down

Farewell Tae the Haven (T - T+)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: