New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calling Out in The Void

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

Calling Out in The Void Empty
PostSubject: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Hey there Gang

Tonight I'm sending out a message to anybody who might still be listening. I was getting nostalgic tonight, thinking back to our days on AvatarSpirit, the collapse of the roleplaying board there, and our eventual pilgrimage to this little humble slice of the internet.

I don't know if anybody will ever read this. Maybe one day one of you will take a stroll down memory lane like I have, and go back. Maybe by that time this website will have gone. It already seems to have fallen into disrepair, so you never know. Whatever the case, I did not want to let this one go without one last attempt at a connection. And at the very least, I can pay my respects to a website that meant so much to me.

I started roleplaying on Avatar Spirit at the age of 9. It wasn't very groundbreaking stuff, probably wasn't even something that you could call good. Shit, I'm scared to go back and look at my threads here for fear of embarrassment. But I know that when I roleplayed, I was welcomed into a group of other unique, caring individuals. This was my community. As a child who grew up with a very limited number of friends in this world, this website was my home. It was my passion. These boards helped me to be creative, they picked me up when I was feeling down, and the people here were sweet, and kind, and supportive when much of the community outside was not. My love of literature, of creativity, of writing, was nurtured here, and I hope you will be happy to here that I continue to roleplay in other forums every single day.

I'm all grown up now. I'm 19, I'm at university, studying politics. But the things that I loved as a child when I first started roleplaying are massive pieces of who I am. I can honestly say that this board shaped the person I became today. I think that it did so for the better.

I don't know if this website will ever come back. It's possible, but I'm not sure. But as I blow the dust off of the ruins I would like at least the chance to lay it to rest, in the event that life cannot be return. Here's looking at you, kids.

If anybody would like to get into contact with me, my email address is dftbanotes@gmail.com. My skype is darkphantom269 (A username founded in a roleplay thread back on avatar spirit, no less!). If you'd like my facebook, message me and we can talk about it.

Thanks all, this is Monica, or ZCF as you might have known me, signing off.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 6:46 pm

I don't think this site will ever come back, but I miss those days too. I have so many happy memories concerning RPing and this group. I've tried joining another RP site or too, but neither stuck for me because what I was really wanting was to RP with everybody here.

I don't get on this site too often, but I do get an email whenever somebody creates a new thread, which is how I knew about this one. I know I'm a little slow in responding, but sometimes life passes you by without you even realizing it. I kept thinking I'd respond tomorrow, and now it's been almost a month.

But, even though this site is technically dead, I do at least try to delete any spam threads that pop up. It doesn't happen too often, though.

Right now I'm working 40+ hours at a crappy job while looking for one in my field (I have an English degree), and I'm still working on my writing. I'm making extremely slow progress on my novel, but it's still progress.

Not sure what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Hey, Monica. Hey everyone that might return to this site out of nostalgia. I know I've been gone a long time; been moving around a lot. I hope everything is going well for you all and that you've managed to set yourself well within a good place in your lives.

I haven't been able to make much of my chaotic life, outside of being a rock in the lives of my nieces and nephew. I miss these forums, and I do miss you guys, so if anyone does happen to come back to these forums, you can reach me on discord. It's Warboss Spriggs, as always, and I look forward to getting back in touch.

Thanks for the experience, and the memories.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling nostalgic about this from time to time. Reading through old HTML-saves of role-plays and the like^^'

I kind of feel like we can't capture the same feeling of roleplaying anymore. There was a kind of raw naivete which would be hard to replicate now, I think.
Something which let us be as bad as we needed to be, without restraint, so the slivers of awesome could shine through!
Maybe that's partly why NWRP withered after a while as well.

Like Casey I tried going to different forums. I was a mod at Footsteps of Ghosts for a while. But it newer clicked like ASN and NWRP did in its day.

My life's not been going so great. After things seemed to be heading in a bad direction, I grabbed a job which looked like could help me get things back on track.
Unfortunately, the antidote was poisoned as well...

I have more or less given up on writing, along with most of my other creative pursuits. They require a kind of energy or fuel I no longer have.

Sorry to be a bummer.
I'll be checking in here going forward.
I'd like to chat and maybe try that elusive RP-thingamajig again Smile

PS. Ouch, my Signature is outdated... I need to hook up an old hard-drive and find one of Casey's birthday gifts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Yeah, adult life sucks. You spend most of your time working a job that you probably don't like, to have no energy for the things you like to do afterwards.

Ghostmaker, I believe I still have everything I've made saved on my computer. So, I can find something (or make a new one) if you need it.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2022 11:55 am

Hey all

Was feeling nostalgic again- I couldn't resist coming to make another update.

When I first made this thread I was in a really bad place in my life. College was a dark time for me for a lot of reasons, and sometimes I felt like this forum was the last place I'd been happy. I missed it so much because I missed that joy. It seems like from everybody's posts that coming back here when things are rough isn't unusual,

But I'm 26 now and I'm happy to say things have gotten so much better. Truly, they have. I'm in therapy now, and I'm finally starting to learn how to be confident and proud of myself. I have a job that I really like and that pays me enough to survive. I live with two best friends and I still roleplay- I play tabletop games at least once a week. I used to be terrified when I was growing up with you all that one day when you became an adult you wouldn't get to play pretend anymore. It felt like the worst fate. I thought one day they'd take away my video games and hobbies and I'd have to be a Grown Up and I'd hate it. When I made this thread seven years ago I felt like I was on my way to that, and things would be miserable always. But they're not.

I still get sad sometimes- I'm a little sad now, or worried, thinking about you all and hoping you're doing okay. I still miss this place. But I'm also happy, because I realized I can be an adult and still do all the things that bring me joy- and it doesn't always have to hurt to grow up. I hope as the holidays come up you're all very well, and if anybody wants to add me on discord feel free - I'm rageofachilles#0957 . I worry one day this site will break and I won't be able to hear from you all anymore. But until then- I hope life brings you all its best. Love, Monica
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 10:06 pm

I'm glad you're doing a lot better! Therapy is always great, and I'm glad so many things in your life have gone right/gotten better.

I still work the same crappy job I've been in, but I'm at least working in the book section (I love working with books) and Covid/the job market jumped my wage by close to $5 more an hour, so that's nice. Way less money stress at the moment, though I'm ready to buy a house but the housing market sucks...

I've finally kind of gotten back into RPing. I tried to find another site not long after this one died, but what I missed was writing with all of you, so that didn't last long. I still miss you all, but two? years ago I felt ready to finally find a new RP site. I haven't had much luck with RPs, as they've all died before the first scene is over, but I currently have somebody I'm writing one-on-one with, and he seems to want to write as much as I do, so that's nice.

As for this site, yeah, I'm afraid it's going to break one of these days. It's already partially broken and I don't think I have the correct access to fix it (I've done a little bit of looking). I keep meaning to save all the RPs and whatever I've been in so that I'll have forever access to them, but that doesn't fix the issue of not being able to contact each other if the site does break.

I might be slow to respond, but I'm easy to find because my username is the same everywhere. I'm pretty sure most of the people on this site have moved on to other usernames, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling Out in The Void   Calling Out in The Void I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calling Out in The Void
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: