New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) Empty
PostSubject: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:35 am

Death is the last enemy: once we've got past that I think everything will be alright.

A virus has broken out across the globe.

A virus that kills its human host and then reanimates the corpse, bringing back to life the stem of the human brain, where the basic instincts and motor control functions are found.

The cortex, the bit that makes human’s human, is dead and rotting.

No one really knows how it came about, though rumours and reports of mad-cow, nanobots and neurogenesis spread like wildfire. What people do know is that husbands began eating wives; sisters tearing apart brothers, friends gnawing on foes, employees moaning after employers and those that survived had no choice but to run and hide.

But how long will these survivors last? What news or whispers do others know? Does anyone know of any ‘safe havens’?

Now is your chance to shape your fate and avoid the worst type of zombie:

A fast zombie.

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) Hu0sgm

alright, so this RP is a zombie one. I wanted to make it for two reasons; first being that I fcuking love zombies and secondly, they are an extremely open and versatile plot driver/antagonist and I love that.

So the idea is that the first few posts you write can be your character looking into a campfire started from twilight books at the library and thinking about how they escape their ravenous grandmother, or they can be your character travelling through the subways, or making a quick dash to the 7/11 for a slushee.

Soon after however, groups need to be formed (as it’s not safe to travel alone for long) and then let us see how the dynamics go. Drama is key of course, just because the dead are walking doesn’t mean the last of us are suddenly good Samaritans.

RULES.

☣️NO GODMODDING PLEASE. even though in my mind, zombies are real, I can understand how people think they will be the ultimate zombie killing machine. But you are not, neither am I and I don’t want some character kicking ass with a single flick of the wrist. Also, no flying either, people.

☣️NO ONE LINERS. Let’s keep this a 4-line paragraph max RP.

☣️Look, the dead are walking. So I don’t expect a “oh my giddy aunt!” when sh*t hits the fan, so swearing is allowed in this RP, however, it is also unnecessary to spill obscenities because you can. Use it when appropriate. Same with violence and sexual innuendo. Hey, gotta blow off steam somehow. (but do not spend two posts writing about how you ripped off the head of a zombie and then made-out with it)

☣️You can have up to three characters at a time, just don’t focus on one and leave another stranded. By the time you remember them, it may be too late.

☣️This RP is is not set in any particular town/country, just to save confusion and each of us not ending up on different continents. or planets.So please don't use any particular names like New York or Tasmania. Just say they were walking down the street of the town or swimming in the ocean.

☣️Have fun and enjoy the end of times! Very Happy

YOU CAN JOIN AT ANYTIME. JUST FILL OUT A FORM AND POST IT! 8D

fill me up and out.

NAME;
AGE;
SEX;
APPEARANCE;
BRIEF BACKSTORY;
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL;
OTHER;

Last edited by lovelyzombie on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) Empty
PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 7:27 pm

NAME; Hannah Carver

AGE; 24

SEX; Yes please (Female)

APPEARANCE; Hannah stands at 5'9 so isn't necessarily the tallest woman left alive. However, she is slim and agile in appearance. She has light green eyes and medium length dark brown hair she ties into a pony tail. She wears white lace-up sneakers and fitted track-pants with a white tank top and zip up sweater.

BRIEF BACKSTORY; Hannah works as personal trainer at her local gym and is an avid outdoors-woman. She prides herself on being able to set goals and achieve them quickly... Particularly when in relation to her health.

She is a strong woman in will, discipline, and personal strength and has plenty the ability to endure to match. She exercises daily and therefore her ability to endure even some of the toughest physical trials is impressive. She is able to defend herself relatively easily, but where her speed and stamina excel, her strength does not... Hannah is the epitome of womanly endurance and determination but due to her size and slimmed physique, her strength is more inwardly focused when facing enemies larger than her...

She survives on adaptability rather than brute strength and force like others do.

PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL; Hannah is the result of a life-time love of health and fitness. From her early teens she was always seen playing sports and hiking whenever she could. As she grew older she adapted her love of sports into creating new ways to help people maintain their health...

That's what lead her to become a personal fitness instructor. She coupled her love of staying healthy and exercise with regularly challenging herself outdoors... However, it was something of a past time than a speciality.

OTHER;Hannah is fast and nimble. Her ability to endure even the toughest of physical trials is impressive.

////////////////////////////////

NAME; Cameron Hart

AGE; 26

SEX; Male

APPEARANCE; Cameron has a very arrogant and showy personality. He's always made an effort to appear rough and intimidating to those who don't know him. He has short blonde hair with blue eyes and a scarred face. He stands approx. 6'3. Cameron wears a pair of straight fit dark blue jeans and a light grey shirt with a dark leather jacket over the top and a pair of bikie's boots on his feet.

BRIEF BACKSTORY;Cameron has been in and out of jail and juvy since he was a young teenager. He came from the backwater suburbs where he learnt at a young age that if you weren't the biggest thing around you were going to get eaten alive. Because of this attitude Cameron made a conscious effort to make sure that he was always bigger than anyone else... Throughout his stints in jail and juvy that was one thing that stayed constant in his life... The strength he has worked so hard to obtain meant that for as long as he could hold on, he would be the king of his streets.

Cameron also prides himself on his loyalty. The most recent stint that saw him in jail for four years cost him his job, the last bit of respect for his family and the life of his best friend... But no matter what he was promised he never broke his trust and loyalty to the gang he once belonged to.

When Cameron was released from jail just very recently he was uneasy and nervous to return to the streets.. Not because he was worried he still couldn't hold his own against other people... But because of what he'd heard on the inside about how the world was going to shit.

PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL; Cameron was part of a street gang known as the Los Demonios. He regularly worked out so he has some natural strength.

OTHER; His favourite food is apple pie.

////////////////////////

NAME: Sierra Suarez

SEX: Female

APPEARANCE: Sierra comes from a latin background. She has long flowing black hair and dark chestnut coloured eyes. She stands approximately 5'4. She ties her hair back into a long pony-tail, and wears a red bandanna around her forehead. Sierra wears dark skin tight jeans with black bikey boots and a black tank top that shows her middrift with a tight fitted leather jacket.
She wears a knife holster around her left thigh, with a large hunting knife strapped into it. She also wears various chains around her belt line.

BRIEF BACKSTORY: Sierra is the daughter of one of the leaders of the Los Demonios, Fernando Suarez. Her father originally started the Los Demonios with Carlos Marquez and Dante Maza. She grew up with her father teaching her everything he knew as her mother died while Sierra was young... That is how she ended up high in the ranks of the Los Demonios. After the death of her father when she was 23, Carlos and Dante both agreed, as well as the members of their gang too, that Sierra was more than capable of leading them.

Sierra grew up learning karate and was well as being known as being a bitchy, fiery no nonsense woman. She never found it hard to set people straight within the gang and always made sure that people knew who she was and what she was there to do. When the city began to decline in living numbers, Sierra rallied the Los Demonios and began to take over section of the city.

PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL: Sierra has never strictly had a job.

OTHER: She is sinfully delicious. She also tends to act before thinking, she is very hot headed.

Last edited by dylan56 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://my.heart.is.my.second.stomach
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:40 pm

OH I AM SO IN THIS!

YAY for zombie love! Very Happy I'll have a character pronto.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

AWESOME dylan. she sounds sexy. accepted.

OMFG SHADOW. YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY BY COMING HERE Very Happy yesyesyesyes hurryhurry! the zombies are cooooommminnggggggg All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) ThZombie_walking_by_Blueberry_pie
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 pm

NAME: Danielle (Danny) Roberts
SEX: Female
APPEARANCE: She stands at roughly 5’6” and corded muscle stands out on her body. Her black hair is worn in a short Mohawk and her eyes are a steely grey. Her canvas pants are dark and well worn. For a shirt she has a dark grey racer-back tank top. Her shoes are dark athletic shoes. Close inspection would reveal numerous scars littering her body--both old and new.
BRIEF BACKSTORY: Danny’s life has never been easy. She grew up in a poor household and she practically raised herself. Time would find her turning to find a home and family inside a gang. Life was lived hard and fast--she learned quickly that she needed to be harder and faster. Her size and hobby of parkour led her to be an obvious choice for running drugs in the city. She is a cold woman, looking out for herself above all else. Survival is something that comes naturally to her, and violence is an old friend. Death is nothing new.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL: Drug Runner
OTHER: Her only companion throughout the outbreak has been her three year old wolf-hybrid, Minos.

AND DONE. Lemme know if it needs tweaking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:19 am

NAME; Christian Duffy.
AGE; 25.
SEX; Male.

APPEARANCE; Christian has always been considered ‘the pretty boy’. With dirty blonde hair that flicks messily, cobalt eyes and a tall, slender and lightly tanned physique (a light definition of muscle was etched into his skin also) he always attracted wolf-whistles and random numbers. But it was his charismatic smile and warm nature that meant most, working on the children’s ward at the local hospital. Christian is wearing his navy blue scrubs and a grey wifebeater underneath, with sneakers.

BRIEF BACKSTORY; Christian finished his nursing degree with flying colours, despite spending much of his university time smoking and playing games. However, after a tragic accident which he could have prevented had he been sober, Christian swore off the green stuff and started fresh, moving to a new city in a flash apartment and working at the local hospital.

The hospital was grateful to have him as his knowledge and skills in the medical industry were beyond his years. And Christian loved it too, loved the kids and their giggles and smiles as he walked in with a few chocolates stashed in his pockets.

Although Christian is a fabulous nurse, his skills as a man only go as far as unwrapping his microwave dinner. He has never changed a tyre, fixed a sink or built a birdhouse. First Aid is all he really knows... That and how to defeat Ganon Dorf from Zelda.

PREVIOUS PROFESSION; A male nurse. Part-time Gamer. So while good with blood and gore, suspense isn’t really his thing. He also has very steady hands.

OTHER; Christian’s ex-girlfriend had taken his dog, Dante, and Christian was planning to get him back.

---

NAME; Lulu Meoquanee .
AGE; 20.
SEX; Female.

APPEARANCE; Lulu is of Native America descent, as her mother and grandmother were both full blooded Indians from the Chocktaw tribe. With dark caramel toned skin, big amber eyes, strong features and long black hair, Lulu was naturally stunning. However, many are fooled by her beauty, thinking she would be some supermodel. Lulu wears a tight back tank top, baggy oil-smeared overalls and old chucks with mismatched laces.

BRIEF BACKSTORY; Lulu was the only child in her family and when she was young, her mother died from a brain aneurism. Lulu’s dad Lenno, was left to raise her and Lulu often ended up on her father’s garage floor, playing in the oil and building towers with nuts and bolts. By the time she was 18, Lulu could take out an engine and put it back together within a matter of minutes.

And when her father got sick, Lulu took care of her father and his mechanic shop. Although initially skeptical, customers kept coming because Lulu had a real touch with engines and oils and batteries. She can literally start any car, replace a tyre in a minute and syphon fuel as easily as she breathes.

PREVIOUS PROFESSION; Working in her father’s mechanics shop and casually at the local bookstore.

OTHER; Lulu is a fabulous cook. And is deathly afraid of clowns.

Last edited by lovelyzombie on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 am

SHADOW! perfect, accepted!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 1:34 am

Woot woot! I AM SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

alright, i am going to start with an opening post now. please if you wish to join, you are most welcome, as this sorta RP can work with that, just make sure to post a character form and get it accepted from either dylan or i before you post Smile

☠️

It’s been five weeks since the UN officially announced that world was suffering a pandemic... The United Kingdom, Ireland, Greenland, Madagascar and New Zealand have shut their borders, and several other countries are due to declare closure soon. Australia, North America and China have begun containment measures, but as the contagions numbers increase, communications -and hope- seem to be diminishing…

This article is an official statement from The Courier Newspaper. We regret to inform you that we will no longer be delivering news and current affairs. We suggest that you stock up on supplies and board up your houses while you still can. The governments still refuse to admit the truth...

But citizens of this fine country...
These are the last days of our lives. There will be no coming back.

No light at the end of the tunnel.

The dead have returned.

☠️

Christian

Christian had known something was not right.

Even on the first few nights, when it was only a scattered few patients entering the ER, complaining of fevers, hallucinations, slurred speech, stumbling gaits, even when the doctor’s prescribed the basic flu medicines and routines and sent them home, Christian felt...Uneasy.

Something was not right.

Even the news had been odd, reporting stories of aggressive behaviour and ‘cannibalistic attacks’ and although most people turned a blind eye and deaf ear, at 3am when all his patients slept and he was filing the last of his paperwork, Christian couldn’t help but feel like something was wrong. Very wrong.

So on the night when he had filled in for a sick nurse, and they were down three others due to being unable to cover those shifts, and they had over 40 people rush into ER with unconscious children, fathers, sisters and friends, all describing the same symptoms -
“I just went into his room to tell him d-dinner was ready and I found him, convulsing on the floor with bloodshot eyes and n-no... he wasn’t answering me... he was fine this afternoon!” Christian knew his feelings were right.

Christian helped hooked up IV fluids for the patients, check their OBs and whatnot, but when their first patient, an otherwise healthy 23 year old female, died, Christian found himself thinking about the possibility that maybe those ‘crazy’ stories on the news had something to do with these patients. He tried to put it out of his mind but when three more patients died, an hour after being admitted, Christian decided he needed to take action. He had watched too many horror films based on zombies, to think staying at the hospital was a good idea.

He knew he had his job, his Hippocratic Oath to abide by and he didn’t like the idea of leaving the children behind, but if this... if this thing had anything to do with what the world was reporting, hospitals would be the first to go down. So Christian called a toilet break, ran to his locker room, grabbed his keys and hurried through the halls towards the exit.
He kept his head low, a mix of not wanting to be seen and because of the shame that loomed in his chest. He was being selfish, he knew this but maybe he was overreacting... Maybe in the morning, his supervisor would call, crack the whip and tell him to get back. The notion made him feel slightly better... Until the security alarms began to wail.

Christian instinctively broke into a jog, his heart telling him to go back, his head moving him toward the doors. And when he heard those piercing, unhuman screams, he bolted outside, tears welling in his blue eyes as he looked up into the windows of the fourth floor –ER – and saw figures moving erratically, lights flickering... then an explosion of blood across the glass...

Christian cried out as he woke, bolting upright from the floor. Cold beads of sweat rolled across skin as the memories of the previous weeks faded from his mind. Another night, another nightmare. He was on the floor of his apartment, having not left since that night he ran from the hospital. His food was almost gone, his water was turned off and the electricity had been dead for days.

He knew if he was to survive, he would have to leave.

With a heavy sigh, he rubbed his eyes with the heel of his palm and decided today was the day he would go out and find another shelter.

He decided this, just like he had yesterday.

Last edited by lovelyzombie on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Hannah

"Help!"

"I need help!"

Hannah turned her head quickly to locate where the shrill cries for help were coming from. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw what was happening... She raced over to the woman crying for help as fast as she could, the scene was tragic...

"Mrs. Klein!" She shouted hastily, "You can't put the treadmill up to that speed just yet... You're not ready".

Mrs. Klein was one of Hannah's customers at the gym she worked at.. The woman was an impatient incessant overweight pain in Hannah's side. Most trainers had given up on the middle ages woman, but not Hannah. Mrs. Klein was a challenge she wasn't going to shy away from...

"Oh thank you sweetness" Mrs. Klein cooed, "I just thought I'd challenge myself, get the ball rolling faster if you know what I mean"

"Mrs. Klein, we've discussed this, you can't just go ahead and start doing things without consulting me.. you could seriously hurt yourself". Hannah replied sternly.

"Oh but sweetness, you know I just -"

Hannah didn't mean to, but she tuned out from Mrs. Klein's attempt at justifying herself. She was caught in a trance by the local news report blaring over Mrs. Klein's treadmill...

The local newspaper... and news station - the Courier - was shutting down

Hannah couldn't believe it. She wasn't stupid... But she never actually thought this thing was this bad... The reports in the media had been specific... VERY Specific... The dead were coming back.

Hannah had been one of those optimists... She passed every news report off as exaggeration and the rumour-mill churning hard throughout the media to get some scare-story... But she didn't ignore the amount of people in this city alone who were mysteriously disappearing, and dying, and this illness that was causing the deaths... The government said that the people weren't strictly dead... but rather those infected seemed to go into a deep sleep caused by a fever then awoke in a delirium when the fever broke, which is why they were attacking people... which created the illusion of a zombie.

Hannah shook her head, and broke her chain of thought just in time to come back to Mrs. Klein's rant ending. That's when it all went hazy for her... Suddenly there was another scream of "Help" from near the entrance of the gym... Hannah had been persistant that this pandemic would subside and had had her gym open right up until the dead were at her door. Stupid move on her part she conceded later that night when she had managed to get her back to her apartment building.

Hannah had turned around to face the entrance of her gym. She saw a young woman profusely bleeding from her neck... Hannah snapped into action and ran towards the woman to assist her but stopped just short of the woman... Two men burst behind the woman and pinned her to the ground. That's when Hannah remembers a patron of the gym yelling..

"They're eating her fucking face!"

Hannah went into survival mode. She wasn't proud of that moment, but her instincts are stronger than her empathy and sympathy. She bolted across the floor, jumped the morbid scene in front of her and out the doors all the way to her apartment building. 7 blocks she ran at close to full speed in a complete daze.

It's been close to 7 days since she locked herself away. The screams down on the streets are getting less and less, and Hannah knows she has to move on to survive. She knows she can endure whatever is about to be thrown at her... But she can't do it alone, at least not completely...

Hannah picks herself up, takes a deep breath. She grabs her kitchen knife and opens her apartment door...

Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:12 pm

“What do ya think boy?” Danny rested lightly on the balls of her feet, sunk down in an easy crouch. “Supplies are running low in our territory. We might be able to scrape out a few more days, but we both know its only matter of time.” Next to her Minos panted, amber eyes fixed on hers. He placed a heavy paw on her thigh. “Time to say **** it and try our best?” She scratched the top of his massive head as he blinked slowly. “Alright. You know the drill. Quick and quiet.”

The wolf dog thumped his tail happily and the pair stood, lapsing into silence. Danni scooped her backpack up from the dirty carpet of the apartment she had commandeered to serve as a safe zone. Her gun was already holstered at her thigh--yet she still brushed her fingers across it to reassure herself of its presence. She snapped her fingers and Minos padded after her like a ghost. It took her a few moments to shift the makeshift barricade she had blocked the door with. Before the pair exited, Danni made sure to snatch up her crowbar. It doubled both as a weapon and a useful tool. She tried to avoid contact with the deadheads, but if push came to shove, she preferred to use the crowbar first. Gunshots tended to attract unwanted attention--and most of the time, deadheads weren’t the worst kind of unwanted attention. Plus she needed to conserve the ammo.

Their trek through familiar territory was uneventful. Three streets down she could hear screams. She made sure to give the area a wide berth. The city shouldn’t have been quiet enough to hear that far away. It was as if the city was turning on itself, changing its very nature. It made her uneasy. Still, the silence had its advantages.

Water, food. Food for Minos. Medical supplies. She ran through the basic list of necessities. Avoid the big stores. Mom and pop joints first, houses, apartments. She just hoped she could avoid an encounter with other humans. Humans fucking sucked.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Cameron

Cameron heaved his backpack over his shoulder and said a half hearted goodbye to the warden. He stepped out past the iron fencing and took a deep breath of freedom.

"**** yes!" he sighed to himself.

Four years of being locked up for something he didn't do was bullshit. He hadn't even been at the scene when all the bullshit went down... But his gang had no trouble framing him for the drug ring that had been circulating as well as the bashing of two men and a public gangland war that resulted in his best friend being killed. Cameron was well known around the city now as becoming one of the most notorious up and coming gang members of the Los Demonios.

Cameron didn't care though. Who would give a **** when all of your life you've been screwed over. Besides the fact he knew he'd probably be dead if he squealed on the boss's who framed him... Besides, he had a better plan. He was going to get justice his own way.

Cameron arrived back in the city around midday... It was pretty destitute and he remembered all the rumours he'd heard in jail over the past 5 weeks. Some intense virus was killing people and making them seem dead... Then they're were waking up and killing people from their deliriums... "ZOMBIES" his cellmate had called them...

Cameron alway dismissed him because the man was half mad... But he'd kept an eye on the whole situation from inside because he didn't ever have anyone visit him and any info on what was going on outside of jail was welcome enough. Sure the rumours made him a little nervous, but when the UN announces a pandemic, even if you don't care about anyone else... you can't help but wonder what's going on... Cameron quickly brought himself back to reality. There may not be many people about, but for now the world was functioning so that meant he still had people to get even with.

It had been 7 days since Cameron was released from jail. Seven days and his freedom was already in jeopardy... and so was his life. Cameron has been living from squat house to squat house and following his old gang so he could find out where his leader Carlos Marquez lived.

"Apartment number 34, floor 2" he muttered to himself.

Cameron knew the world was fucked. No matter how carefully he thought he had kept an eye on the whole pandemic he never actually believed people were coming back from the dead... but here he was. In an essentially deserted city, where people feared to go into the streets... where around every second block dead fucks shambled along. In seven days the modern world collapsed... but two people were at least alive - Cameron Hart and Carlos Marquez...

Cameron made his way up to the second floor of the apartment building. As he reached apartment 34 he paused to take in the moment. He was about to get revenge on the fucker that had taken four years of his life away, and who had gotten his best friend killed. It didn't matter if killing Carlos meant that Cameron would potentially be the last man on earth... Because justice was more important than survival for him.

Cameron drew his leg back and put all his weight into it as he kicked apartment 34's door in.

"Where are you, you piece of shit?" Cameron shouted.

The apartment was dark and quiet. The curtains had been drawn and the morning light was only providing a dim source of light for Cameron to see. He walked further into the apartment, and called out again, "Carlos, we have some talking to do".

Cameron was a tall and intimidating man, but he knew Carlos would never hide. Cameron walked into the kitchen and slipped on his right foot. He crashed to the floor on his hands and knees and felt his hands in a viscous fluid. He stood up and fumbled for the light switch and when he turned it on he nearly screamed in horror.

Carlos, was face down in a massive pool of his own blood. He was completely naked and missing half the skin on his torso, as well as muscle. That's when reality hit Cameron harder than it had ever before... This was all real. This was not going away and the government didn't give a **** anymore.

Cameron turned to make a quick exit but was stopped by Santana Marquez, Carlos' wife. Before Cameron could say anything the woman lunged at him, and Cameron fell backwards into the kitchen... Falling into the pool of Carlos' blood. Santa Marquez fumbled as the undead woman attempted to grab Cameron, she fell straight onto the 6'3 man and began to growl angrily...hungrily.

Cameron moved fast and with strength... He used his powerful legs to kick the woman off of his body and turned to make a run out the other end of the kitchen.. But Carlos was now blocking it.

"**** me dead" Cameron heaved, and jumped across the kitchen counter and stood square in the middle of the lounge room.

Carlos and Santa Marquez now stood either side of the lounge room staring and groaning at Cameron... Cameron began to panic. It seemed hopeless now.

Santa and Carlos lunged forward at Cameron and without thinking he ducked and avoided the undead married couples attack. As he ducked he turned around and pushed as hard as he could at the couple and sent them flying through the second story window and down onto the street below. Santa hit the side walk and died.. again. Carlos hit a car parked on the street and its alarm went off.

Suddenly the street was filled with the howls and moans of the undead being drawn to the apartment building. Cameron watched as the street began to fill and his hope of getting out fade...

They were starting to enter the building.. He needed a way out.. perhaps going up and across... Cameron began his race to get out of the building.. He fled the second story and made his way up.. running through each level looking for a way out...
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 am

Lulu

Lulu shot out from underneath the old Volkswagen and sat up, wiping her brow with the back of her gloved hand. She stood quickly and fiddled with the dials on the old radio, turning up the broadcast that was repeating the article from The Courier.

‘...These are the last days of our lives... there will be no coming back...’

“Shit.” Was all Lulu could manage as she sighed, standing with one hip popped to the side. She had been listening to the broadcasts for the last few weeks and as each day passed, Lulu could hardly believe her ears. Walking dead, whole countries gone dark, cannibalism... She was a skeptic, her father, however, was not.

“Board up the windows Lulu, attagirl. Don’t want no dead bastard walking in on while as we sleep, now do we?’

Lulu had attempted to reason with him, but he was sick and exhausted. So just to make him more comfortable, she had done as he asked and boarded all the windows and doors, bar the side-door. She needed to get in & out somehow, especially when she heard her father’s coughs worsen. His fever had been sky-high lately and his skin was waxen and clammy. But he insisted she finish the last few jobs they had booked and then be done with it, close up shop until this whole messed passed.

Lulu ran a hand through her long hair and then dropped back down onto her ‘skateboard’ and slid back under the car. She was there for a few minutes before she heard the sound of shuffling footsteps. She looked down her chest and saw a pair of boots at the bonnet.

Something wasn’t right though, the laces were trailing and the position of the feet was... odd, one was twisted behind the other, almost to the point of dislocation. Lulu felt a cold shiver crawl across her skin as she swallowed, trying to moisten her dry throat.

“Er... Excuse me, Mr Blakesley, your car isn’t finished yet so if you’ll just wait out the fro-” Lulu froze.

She had locked the gates of the garage a week ago, when the last car came into the shop. Lulu’s mind was racing as the boots began to shift towards her and the first time they whacked into the bumper, Lulu let out a shriek. Panicked, she pulled her feet up just as the boots smacked into the bumper again, this time with more force, enough to shake the car dangerously on its hoist. “FUCKING HELL!” Lulu instinctively kicked back, shooting underneath and out from the back of car just as the boots ran into the bumper again, this time with enough force to knock the VW clean on the hoist and come crashing down onto the oily concrete floor.

Lulu shrieked as she scrambled to her feet and hid behind the overturned komvi van. Her chest was heaving as her mind raced, and for some reason, her mind compelled her to turn around and looked to see exactly what had pushed that two tonne van off the hoist.

She peered across the bodywork, saw nothing and her heart skipped a beat. Especially when she heard the moaning beneath the vehicle. Especially when she looked down into her father’s blackened eyes and bloody teeth as he snarled at her. Lulu stumbled back in shock, her skin tight.

The minute that passed seemed like an eternity and what happened next, for what reason it happened, Lulu will never know. Something took over, took over her body and mind as she ran her hand across the workbench, knocking down cans of oil and petrol before her hand landed on the cold steel of a wrench. Grasping it in trembling hands, Lulu stepped forward and with a blank expression, brought it down onto her father’s head, cracking the skull with the third blow, splattering brains on the sixth.

Lulu took a step back, breathing hard and slipped on oil, falling down into a heap. It was there she wiped her father’s blood from her neck, swallowed hard and began to scream.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 am

Hannah

Hannah turned the door knob of her apartment and peered slowly out into the corridor. It was empty... Barren... Lonely. Come to think of it, Hannah hadn't heard any noise from her neighbours for three days. Absolutely nothing from anyone in the hallway in fact.

"****. ****. ****." she cursed quietly as she slowly shuffled down the corridor towards the elevator, it was about thirty feet from her apartment and she was on the seventh floor, so getting down was somewhat of a hassle... She wasn't prepared to just go out into the open, but she was going to starve at the very least if she stayed.

So Hannah moved forward, one foot at a time, kitchen knife in hand, shaking terribly as she neared the elevator. She pushed the button and waited. It was so damn quiet in this building, so unnatural for this building.

As Hannah waited, back against the elevator doors, she spotted a pool of blood leading from around the corner of an open door into an apartment. Her heart froze and her eyes grew big. Hannah began to feel cold, a dark shiver ran up her spine and that's when the elevator ding ringed. Hannah jumped forward and turned on her heels to face the opening doors and that's when shit hit the fan.

Hannah hadn't heard them because she was so consumed with the pool of blood before her, but it had been in the background... The loud groans and terrible screams of about ten undead riding the elevator up to the seventh floor. As the doors open Hannah stood frozen, she hadn't seen one since the gym seven days ago and she hadn't even thought about what she'd do when she saw another one... So she stood frozen.

That's when the saw her. Just as the doors began to open. Hannah stood staring back. She was serving herself up like a cow for the slaughter. They immediately began to rage and as they clawed and banged at the doors they jammed them and a blood curdling screech of the elevator doors jamming brought Hannah back to reality.

"OH ****!" she cursed sharply. She turned on her heels and bolted back towards her apartment... She got two thirds the way when suddenly one of her neighbours doors burst open and the partly decomposed and eaten remains of Mr. Roberts burst just after... Hannah instinctively hit the floor and slid underneath his attempt at grabbing her. She stopped, turned and stood, plunged her knife deep into Mr. Roberts head and he begun waving his hands around violently.

"Its supposed to kill you fuckers!" she screamed as Mr. Roberts just went into some sort of seizure or so that's what she thought, she thought harming the brain was supposed to kill a zombie but Mr. Roberts just kept flailing. That's when the elevator doors came unjammed. The horde of ten raced forward running at Hannah.

She turned and ran to the end of the corridor. A young man lived in the last apartment, she knew that, she'd said hello every now and again, and she knew he was a nurse or doctor or something in a hospital... She had no options and she didn't know why, but he was the first person who came into her head... So she bolted to the end of the corridor...

"HELP! FUCKING HELP!!!"

she reached the door and began to bang and bang...hoping someone was home.. Otherwise Hannah was fucked...
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:23 am

Christian

The smashing on his front door startled Christian from his woe-is-me fetal position on the floor. Her heard the female voice screaming out for help and for a split-second, Christian hesitated. Now, Christian wasn't a truly selfish person, after all he had dedicated much of his life to caring for the ill, but this situation was different. What was the point of helping someone now? After what he had done at the hospital, could it get much worse? What would saving one person do now, in times when death was all around? In some ways, she would be better dead... He would be better dead...

But he wasn't. Self-preservation had kicked into overdrive and he had saved himself. And the guilt was eating at him from the inside, like an acid. And that's when Christian scrambled to his feet, ran to the door and flung it open.

"What the FUUUCK?" He cried as he saw those decomposing, bloody people racing towards him. He quickly grabbed the girl by the arm, yanked her inside the door and slammed it, just as those things slammed into it.

Adrenalin was pounding through him, his skin was hot and his chest was heaving. He looked at the girl and knew he had seen her before. She had lived in the apartment block too and sometimes would exchange pleasantries as they passed. Christian vaguely remembered that he helped carry her shopping for her once, one because she had a shitload of bags, two because she was hot.

And even in her current state, she was attractive. Slender build, thick brown hair and these bright green eyes that Christian could have got lost in. He realised after a minute he was staring and quickly shook his head. Now is so not the fucking time dude.

"A-are you alright...?" He trailed, fishing for her name. His spoke loudly as the pounding and moaning at his door was steadily getting more fierce.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:36 am

Hannah

Hannah was screaming at the door hoping for any sign of help. The zombies drew closer and at the last moment when Hannah thought it was all over the door flung open and she was pulled inside. He was home!. The man flung the door closed and the sudden and loud thuds of the undead hitting the door resounded through the apartment.

Hannah's heart was racing, and she meant to thank the man that had just saved her life, but she caught him looking at her and the first words that came out of her mouth were "Take a picture.".

Hannah, paused, and went red in the face... He had just saved her life and was asking if she was ok..

"Uh yeah" she said puffing... "I am ok.. thank you for saving me" she said gratefully... "One more moment and I was food..." Hannah gave a nervous laugh and jumped again when the front door banged... They were trying to get in.

"I'm so sorry" she began...."I think i've fucked us both over...".

Hannah made herself at home and sat on a nearby chair. "My name is Hannah... I live a few apartments down from you..." She put her hand to her head and her elbows on her knees. This was all just so fucked up. "I didn't know what to do.. and I tried to get out of the building.. I mean.. I thought I was fucked if i stayed.. but it turns out it doesn't matter what I do.. i'm fucked regardless..." Hannah began to sob... "I pressed the elevator button and got distracted... they were in the elevator when it opened and I just bolted backwards... Mr. Roberts burst out his apartment and tried to eat me and I just stabbed him the head and freaked out and ran to you.. again I am so sorry I've got you in this..."

Hannah took a deep breath, she needed to stay composed... "We need to get out of here.. can we even get out of here?"...
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 am

Christian

Christian was a little startled by the photo comment but knew he deserved it as he sat opposite her and watched her get upset, and felt a little upset too when she told him her story.

"Jesus, that's terrible... I am sorry Hannah." He consoled her as best he could, looking around his apartment and feeling slightly embarrassed for the general untidiness and Xbox games scattered all over.

"Hey, I was pretty much fucked here too, so don't worry about that." He sighed, "Granted, you did bring them straight to my door but hey, if I was in your fucking situation, I woulda done the same." He smiled at her, as reassuringly as he could with cannibals banging on his door.

"Besides, I can hear an alarm somewhere outside and to be honest, I am too afraid to look out and see what I think will be mosying around down there." He shuddered and stood. The noises outside the door was getting worse, as if more of those decomposing dudes had come to join in the biggest game of ding dong ditch... just without the ditch.

Christian sighed as he grabbed her a glass of water and then a small duffle bag from the cupboard. He may need it soon, this Hannah and her 'followers' had confirmed that he would be leaving his apartment today, if not soon.

He scratched the back of his head and thought deeply for a second as he went to his window. His jaw may as well have hit the floor when he saw the amount of those creatures below.

"There's gotta be at least 100 hundred of those fucks down there..." He said quietly before turning to her. "Hannah, the next possible escape route in two floors down. The fire stairs are outside old lady Margret's room."

"And the only way there is through the corridors..."

Wow, we really are fucked. Christian thought, feeling his hope slip away.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 am

Hannah

Hannah paused and listened to the man in front of her ramble. But come to think of it, she could hear the alarm too... And when the man said that there was around a hundred of the undead down outside she looked out the window and saw they were entering the building... that explained why they were in the elevator. As Hannah peered out the window she saw where the alarm was coming from... A car down below had a dead body smashed into it... "How the hell did that happen" she said astonished.

Hannah turned to him "Well i'd be more than happy to work together to get outta here... But you haven't even introduced yourself yet..." she smiled half-heartedly. The guy seemed nice enough, and if he was a doctor or a nurse like she thought she remembered he'd be a lot of help.

Just then the front door resounded with a big crack and Hannah snapped around, "****!" she yelled and hightailed it to the door putting all her weight against it without much effect... "I need your help" she yelled erratically... "Or we're fucked!"

Cameron

As Cameron moved past the elevator he noticed it was going up to the seventh floor. Must be survivors he reasoned... The dead fuckers he'd seen so far weren't that smart they could operate any machinery... He figured he wasn't getting out the front door so he decided to go up to the seventh floor and see if he couldn't use these people to help get out.. if they were hopeless he could just use them as bait so he could find another way to escape.

Cameron ran to the stairs and bolted up the four floors. He bolted because down below the stairs began to flood with the zombies.. they hadn't noticed him so they were just shambling, but he didn't like it and he knew that if they caught even the faintest scent or idea that he was in the stairwell he'd be truly done for.

Cameron made it to the seventh floor just in time to see the elevator doors burst open and ten zombies race out after a woman. He ducked backwards and heard her screams for help. He stood inside the stairwell listening to the dead-fuckers moan and groan their way up the stairwell. The girl stopped screaming, and he guessed she must have died. He waited a minute or two and moved through into the hallway.

Cameron saw to the left of the door, a fire axe in a glass case. he smashed it with ease and grabbed the axe. That's when he heard a crack and the same voice of the girl fill the hallway shrieking. She was in an apartment at the end and the zombies were trying to break through. Cameron also heard her call out to someone...

Cameron made a split decision to save the girl and whoever was in the apartment... He reasoned he wasn't going to get out alone, so he was either gonna die now or later, and that was enough for him to decide he might as well try being good at least once.

He raced forward and put all his weight and strength behind himself. He pulled his arm back with the fire axe in one hand and swung hard just as he reached the mob. His swipe was powerful enough to cut clean through two of the zombies head and for the axe to stick fair into the wall near the front door. He barged straight into three more, knocking them over and pushing two more's heads who were standing into the side of another wall. Five were down, three on the floor and two were left banging on the apartment door with the girls screaming deafening him. Cameron turned around and drew his right foot up and brought it down square onto the face of a decomposing woman. He repeated this action two more times and only had two zombies left. He went straight for the axe embedded in the wall and ripped it out with so much force he swung 180 degrees and smacked the zombies banging on the door square in their heads. They dropped to the floor convulsing... they weren't dead but they weren't going to be anymore trouble...

Cameron breathed heavily and slumped himself against the wall... Just taking a moment to process the incredible feat he'd just accomplished.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:12 am

Christian

Christian panicked as the sound of their only protection from those cannibals was starting to break under the pressure of a hundred fists pounding on it. He ran to the door and threw his weight against it. Hannah was well-toned, no doubt about that but her strength really wasn't a brute one, though neither was Christian's. The closest thing to a workout he had done in the last year was bending down to pick up something he had dropped and standing again. Feeling the thuds of those fists, their hungry moans and their stamina to keep it up forever, until they reached their victims, filled Christian with fear and adrenalin.

"It's Christian, by the way." He said, face close to hers as he pressed against the door. "My name is Christian." Better we know each other's name before we get our faces ripped off.

"What are we going to do now?" He asked stupidly, wracking his brains for an idea, any idea, that would get them out of this futile situation. We can't leave the door he thought, as the deadfucks would get in, but even with their weights against it, they would get in anyway, eventually. Christian looked at Hannah with a somewhat sad smile as his heart raced, he didn't want to die like this...

Suddenly, there was a series of loud thuds, different to the fists pounding the door, and a few grunts amongst the moans. With his ear to the door, Christian could swear that the sound of the banging on the door was starting to lessen until... silence.

Puzzled, he looked at Hannah. "Um... What just happened? Did they leave?" He asked her and the air, not caring if either answered or not. He swallowed hard and pushed his ear closer, trying to hear for any sign of... well, life... sort-of, out there. But there was nothing... Wait, did he hear breathing?

Taking a step back, pushing Hannah gently with him, he looked at the door, than at her then back at the door. Taking a deep breath and the umbrella stashed beside the clutter of shoes next to the door, he took the door handle in the other hand and twisted, opening the splintered door a crack. He peered through, pretending to be brave as his mind screamed in terror, and saw nothing... but broken bodies on the floor, blood all over as if someone had thrown red paint and a pair of feet coming from the wall... As if someone was sitting there. Or maybe slumped.

He opened the door further still and noticed it was a man, leaning against the wall, his chest bouncing as if breathless. Unsure if these things had lungs that moved, he took a step out and stared at the man.

"H-hello? Are you... Alive?"

Last edited by lovelyzombie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 am

Hannah

Hannah's heart was racing... She didn't know what to do... The door was giving way and the two of them weren't strong enough... and Christian was introducing himself all the while. She would have laughed probably if it was any other situation.. It was almost cute that he could joke at a time like this, and for some reason, while it frustrated her he was making light of the situation, she found it comforting...

The door was breaking in two and Hannah was resigning herself to dying after seeing Christian give a saddened smile. She took a deep breath and prepared for the worst and then lessened her weight on the door but realised it was no longer being attacked.

The zombies had stopped and there was no more sound from outside. She stood back, bewildered and shared curious and surprised glances with Christian.. "what just happened" she whispered... Just then Christian opened the door with umbrella in hand and she caught the first signs of a bloodied massacre... A few of the zombies were convulsing half heartedly... the weren't dangerous now.. But it was still scary.. What could have done such a thing...

Then Christian spoke, and Hannah raised her head, startled at the near man-giant before her heaving heavily not saying anything...

"KILL HIM!" She yelled! "No human could do that!".

Cameron

Cameron heaved heavily and kept his head low processing the amazing battle he had just won. He was a big man but never had he dreamed of taking down ten people at once.. granted they had the intelligence of a 5 year old or a stray dog hunting... But still...

As he stood puffing the apartment door opened and out stepped a young man with an umbrella in hand, he asked if Cameron was alive.. haha Cameron thought... This is what he saved? A man holding an umbrella and a tiny woman... But before he could speak the girl shrieked for the other man to kill him...

"WOAH WOAH WOAH!" Cameron said defensively.. "I'll have you know I am not dead and a human can in fact take these assholes down!"

He grabbed the umbrella from the man and shoved them both back into the apartment. "Now you two need to calm down and back the **** up..." he stepped inside and closed the half broken door behind him. "My names Cameron, nice to you meet you" he smiled sarcastically then continued "But we can save the get to know you crap for later... I know you don't know me, and I don't know you.. but this building is about to hit the proverbial shit storm and we gotta get the **** outta here fast..." Cameron stood up and straight so he towered easily above the two...

"I'm not forcing you to follow me, but I sure as hell ain't gettin' out of here alone, and you two look about as capable of fighting off those motherfuckers as a ten year old, but you gotta be doing something right to be alive right now... so you must be good at something." Cameron gave them a stern look and a flashing smile... He might be hard ass 90% of the time, but he wasn't heartless... "So which one you knows the way out..."

Hannah

Hannah stunned, just looked over at Christian and pointed to him saying... "He knows the way... I think.".
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:21 pm

“Well. Some dumbass is out to get themselves killed, eh boy?” Danni watched the events unfolding around the apartment complex across the street from a darkened doorway. Minos sat at her side, ears pinned back at the wail of the car alarm. “Its providing a good distraction though.” The wolf-dog snorted. “I know. Just hang tight. I want to wait until the rest of that horde of deadheads forces themselves inside.” She ruffled the fur on the top of his head lightly in reassurance. “But if things get hot enough we’ll beat it.”

Her trip so far had been uneventful and mildly successful. She’d lucked out and found a large first-aid kit in a small corner store, along with few bags of jerky and boxes of cereal bars. The cereal bars had bee taken from the boxes and poured into to bag to conserve space. The boxes just took up too much room that she’d need for other supplies.

With a hand she shaded her eyes and looked up at the upper levels of the complex before returning her gaze to the lessening mob before her. Maybe once they were all inside she could figure out a way to trap them inside? It was probably a long shot, but having that many deadheads off the streets would be helpful. Even if it was only temporary. For the moment, she settled back to watch the events unfold. It wasn’t like she had places to be.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:11 am

Christian

Christian was rendered speechless as this hulk of a man told them off. Then took a dig at his manly ability to fight and defend Hannah. THEN, to top it off, this guy took Christian's umbrella. He was both pissed and grateful and despite his dislike for this guy, he knew Cameron was right. They weren't built like brick shithouses and would most likely end up zombie chow before they could even raise their weapons. Having Cameron around would be ideal.

"Right, nice to meet you Cameron, yes, we need to get out of here now. Those things will be following the sound of the alarm and probably the commotion up here. So let's move." Christian said, in a slightly deeper voice than his own, flicking his eyes to Hannah and then away.

He moved to his dufflebag and then quickly grabbed another bag from the drawers. "First Aid kit." He muttered, before shoving it into his bag and strapping the thing across his chest. He grabbed the Swiss army knife from the bowl in which he kept his keys and ID badge.

"Right, let's get going. I know a way out, but it'll be tricky. Obviously the elevator is a no go, and the stairs are probably fucked too, but there is a secondary set of stairs, fire stairs, that'll lead right down to the fifth floor where the fire escape is in Old Lady Margret's room." He looked at Cameron, "and now we have you here mighty Thor, we can probably break in. Without the key."

He stepped towards the door, scrunched his brow and turned, snatching his umbrella back from Cameron. He smiled quickly and then turned and moved slowly out of his apartment, saying a silent goodbye to his little slice of normal life.

Lulu

Lulu's head felt as if it was about to explode. All the crying and screaming she had done, it had made her temples throb. She was wobbly as she got back on her feet and felt her knees buckling beneath her. She grabbed the workbench to steady herself and found herself crying again and staring at her father's caved-in head, his brains splattered across his own garage floor. She couldn't even believe what had happened, that it had been her father that had been snarling at her, that had been trying to kill her.

She stood for a few minutes, her mind racing through thoughts as tears streaked down her cold cheeks, before she grabbed one of the tarps from the shelves and went across to her father's corpse and gently laid it across him. A few more tears squeezed out from her closed eyes as she whispered an old Chocktaw blessing.

Lulu's father was her strength and her wisdom and her guidance in a life she had suffered so much in. And with him gone, she felt lost. And angry.

Three days had passed since her father had attempted to attack Lulu. She had made her way into the house after saying her goodbyes and for an entire day and night grieving; sobbing, pacing, smashing anything her boots or fists could make contact with. The day after, she woke in her father's lounge chair, clutching a photo of him and her mother.

After a icy shower, Lulu sat at the dinner table, having one of her father's cigarettes. She inhaled deeply, taking in the pine scented smoke and then releasing it, watching it roll across the air. Beside her, was her father's handgun. Every few minutes, she'd run her hand across the cold barrel, the leathery handle. She had contemplated taking her own life, angry at her father and mother for leaving her, but everytime she pressed the barrel to her temple, she would panic and place it beside her again. She felt sick, guilty and ashamed she couldn't even go through with it.

She took another puff of the cigarette and then let it hang out the corner of her mouth as she grabbed the gun, thinking about her life and all the pain it had brought, and with a trembling hand, she put it to her head, closing her eyes as tears fell. Mum, Dad, i'll be with you soon...

The sound of glass shattered pulled Lulu from her suicidal thoughts and she spun around in her chair, now pointing the gun towards the living room. Slowly, she got up, swallowing hard, and loading the gun, as she crept towards the noise.

She peered around the corner and there on the floor, was the photograph of her parents and herself as a child. Lulu's heart hammered on her ribs as she bent down and with a sad smile, she brushed the broken glass away to pull out the picture. Something caught her eye, her mother's handwriting and as she flipped it, Lulu's heart skipped a beat.

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) 255460i

And suddenly Lulu felt shame once more, but not for being unable to kill herself, but for trying. After all her parent's had done for her, and she just wanted to give up. No, she would be strong now, and fight. Because that is how they raised her to be, a fighting spirit, a passionate spirit.

With that, Lulu stood, her brow crumpled in determination as she folded the picture and tucked it safely into her bra. She moved to her father's gun cabinet and took some more ammo and his hunting knife. It was time to plan her escape.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 am

Hannah

Hannah couldn't believe this hulk of a man before her. He was HUGE and unbelievably so. She listend to him talk and nodded slowly at his remarks. It was true... She may be fast and able to endure a lot physically...But her strength, while being ok, left a lot to be desired... Besides the fact this guy seemed to be able to hulk out and take out ten zombie at a time... He was rather admirable...

But still, Hannah couldn't help but feel somewhat uneasy around him. He was a giant hulking man, wearing clothes that only suited downtown... He wasn't from around this specific area and he wasn't exactly the politest either. She wasn't sure if she trusted him.

Christian spoke first and said fairly accurately, albeit oddly, that Cameron would come in handy, and that he did in fact know a way out of the building... Hannah quietly thought thank ****! to herself. She had decided she wasn't ready to give up.

Hannah followed Christian out of his apartment, thank god the emergency fire escape stairs were only two floors down... She passed Christian insisting "I'll go first..." she was scared, and wanted out before anyone else, but she put on a brave tone.. "I'm fast... and can call out it there is any trouble." she reasoned.

Hannah picked up one of Christian's kitchen knife's and left the apartment. She made her way to the stair well and initially the stairs seemed quiet. Hannah began to walk down the stairwell and then she noticed them... They were all standing still.. Shuffling quietly upwards. They weren't moaning or groaning and that made her uneasy. But she kept on moving downward.. It's only two fucking levels she kept telling herself. Hannah moved down one level and stopped in shock. It was horrific how many of the undead fucks were entering the building and the fucking uneasy quietness they were managing to maintain. Hannah became more nervous.. She could see down the middle of the stairwell how many were shuffling up... Too many. Then one looked up and started to growl and a chain reaction began.

Hannah let out a shriek and panicked. She bolted and made it down to the second floor... She burst out the stairwell door and into the fifth level corridor... it seemed empty safe for the moment... But the resounding moans were drawing closer. The zombies had seen her and were coming. Hannah took a moment to wonder if she'd even get out... She doubted it. She took a moment, breathed and prepared herself for the worst. She turned and waited for Christian and Cameron... Realising her and Christian still hadn't introduced themselves.. She smiled for a brief moment and reminisced how rude it would have been under normal circumstances.

Cameron

Cameron was a little taken aback by the fellow before him and how assertive he was. This guy had more moxie than Cameron had given him credit for. The guy also snatched him umbrella back and proceded to lead them to safety, but the girl took over leadership out of the building and Cameron was once again surprised by the character of the two.. he figured that's how they'd survived.

Cameron entered the stairwell just behind the guy and the girl and heard a quick shriek from her. The zombies began groaning and shuffling up the stairs faster. "**** me" he cursed under his breath. The girl had already made it to the fifth floor.. She was fuckin' fast. Cameron made it down the fifth floor door, and turned back around... He looked at the guy and said "You go through and get into the lady's apartment... I'll keep the zombies at bay for a minute and race after you... just make sure her apartment door is open...". Cameron turned and and grabbed the fire hose and that stood at the fifth floor near the door... He turned the nozzle and aimed down at the few zombies who had made it to their level... They fell backwards pushing on the mob right behind them... He'd be able to hold them off long enough to let the other two clear a pathway for him.
Back to top Go down
lovelyzombie

lovelyzombie

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:33 am

Christian

Christian followed behind Cameron, watching as Hannah told them she would go first. A pang of guilt coursed through his stomach, as she disappeared down the steps. She was right, she was much faster than them... In fact, she would probably be the fastest person he had ever seen. (Which wasn't saying much though, as Christian knew very few people that actually ran often)

As he moved slowly, carefully, down the stairwell, trying to to stay as quiet as he could, listening for any signs of the dead when he heard Hannah shriek. Alarmed, Christian started to run up, his heart rate now triple what it was before. And as he ran through the doorway into the fifth floors corridor, he stopped to listen to Cameron before nodding and running to the end of the hallway, seeing Hannah standing there, and grabbed her, dragging her for a moment before letting go, and failing to stop before he smashed into Old Lady Margret's door. He felt the hinges groan under the pressure of his body. Christian took a step back, spun around and could hear the moans of God knows how many zombies in the stairwell. He turned back and lifting his leg, kicked the door handle, pain shooting through his foot as he swore. He tried again, but the only thing that was happening was the door shaking under the weight. Christian's panicked, the sounds of death seeming to get closer as he looked at Hannah, overwhelmed with fear and frustration.

There, behind where he had left Hannah, he saw the red box that meant a hose and hopefully, an axe. Christian ran to it, using his elbow to knock the glass inward and grabbed the axe, which was quite small and very un-dramatic. He sprinted back to the door and began smashing into the wood, barely making a mark until what seemed like the 3432453rd blow. Once he saw the darkness within the apartment, he brought his knee into the splinters, making the hole big enough to reach his arm through. But as he did this, he swore he heard a noise within. Taking a deep breath, he stretched his arm through and grazed the knob inside, unable to reach it enough to turn it.

He spun his head around at Hannah. "Quick, I can't reach the fucking handle!" He yelled wildly.
Back to top Go down
dylan56

dylan56

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 am

Hannah

Hannah reeled around fast when Christian grabbed her arm and pulled her to the old lady's apartment door. It was gallant how he attempted to kick in the door and almost humorous when he couldn't do it.. But he pulled through with quick thinking and managed to make a hole big enough for him to attempt to open the door.

As he reached through Hannah paused and heard an unmistakable moan from the other side. Cameron's hand was in the hole and Hannah instinctively pulled on it to get him out, but she fumbled and put her arm through the door too, but the quick force didn't manage to make the hole bigger, but rather, managed to get the two stuck...

A growl emerged even louder from the apartment, "HOLY ****!" Hannah screamed in panic, "I can't get my arm out! Can you?!".

The moans from the stairwell were getting louder, and Hannah, not being allowed a moments peace to think was hitting panic mode in overtime... She started tugging violently at her's and Christian's arm, "I won't fucking die!" she yelled.

Hannah grabbed the axe from Christian's other hand with her other hand and swung back and then at the door... The axe went straight in and she had used enough force to smash through the other side of the door, but also enough forced to propel the axe into the apartment too and out of her hands.

She paused and went silent for a moment and looked shamefully at Christian then snapped back into survival mode, "DON'T JUST LOOK AT ME... HELP!"

The moans from inside the apartment grew louder and closer.

Cameron

Cameron was hosing down the nearest undead fucks as they made their way up the stairs... Most of them were shambling and if the got close enough, Cameron was able to push them back... But when he noticed that a few floors below some zombies were climbing erratically and FAST over and through the others he turned and made a bolt for the others.

As Cameron burst through the fifth floor stairwell door he saw Christian and Hannah screaming and fumbling about. Hadn't they opened the apartment door already?! He ran forward and saw from a few feet away that the two had someone how managed to get stuck in the door. Jesus christ he cursed to himself.

Without thinking Cameron put all his weight behind his run and barged down the door. It was an accident on his part and completely unintentional, but the force, and his will to survive sent Hannah and Christian to the ground. As they hit the floor Cameron kept going, he'd built up too much speed to stop and he railed right into the shambling corpse of Old Lady Margret, the force of their impact was so strong, and her decomposing corpse so little and frail that Old Lady Margret was knocked fair into her apartment and up against a wall.

Cameron managed to halt himself shortly afterwards, turned to Hannah and Christian and yelled "You two better get your arses into gear, coz we got fast company approaching and very little time to get outta here!".

He turned to Old Lady Margaret and then to a nearby chair. He picked the chair up and hurled it at the old zombie. She collapsed on the floor, but wasn't dead. Cameron then turned to her kitchen and turned on the gas, he was gonna light his zippo and send it back in when everyone was out of the apartment and on the fire escape... That should at least hold of the dead fucks for a bit...

Sierra

Sierra stood at the entrance to the driveway to the scrapyard and mechanic behind it. There was a 10 foot high metal fence keeping her out and that pissed her off... But it was also why she was so interested in getting inside...

Sierra turned to face the 10 or so men she had brought with her on this mission she's chose to run personally. She had always passed this place on her way to the gangs headquarters downtown and often thought of the profit and resources they could haul from it. Now was the perfect time to take such a place.

"Alright boys, it's time we get what we deserve" she said with a cheeky smile. Her long pony tail swished around her backside as she spoke... She often had a habit of moving her head back and forth when she spoke with assertiveness or anger.

The men roared in agreement and Sierra set her plan into motion... "Ok, so here's the deal... you two are gonna cut a hole in the fence and guard it as the rest of us source out this place... I'm going straight to the house attached to mechanics garage.. if anyone is inside, i'll kill them and same goes for anyone else who finds someone ok?"

The man nodded and cursed in agreement. None of them really cared about anyone else but their gang members, and even if they didn't agree... Saying no to Sierra Suarez was a stupid move on anyone's part.

Sierra ducked through the new opening in the fence and swiftly made her way to the house in the middle of the scrapyard. She coyly knocked on the front door and spoke sarcastically "anyone home?" as she kicked the door in.

She withdrew her knife and moved into the house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)   All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All That Is Left Behind; a zombie survival story. (by dylan56 and lovelyzombie)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next