New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Abeiya

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:02 am

Fioro looked upon his brother. His expression withheld from displaying his shock at Upton's condition. He was usually very put-together. His expression did not, however, refrain from openly showing Fioro's judgement.

He turned his attention back to Stamatia. "I'm quite well. Now, let's get down to business move on to the purpose of our meeting, shall we? Tell me, how did the induction ceremony go?"

---

Phoenix said something along the lines of, "Mm... But it's time to.. up..."

Last edited by Abeiya on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:13 am

"Well, to be honest, there were some serious disappointments," Stamatia began, her voice solemn, genuine as she could make it.

"Many of our recruits did not manage to accomplish the tasks required of them to join us. I had extensively sought the best from the initial group, but there were just a great deal who seemed incapable of performing what would later be required of them."
---
"Up..." Ulric yawned in response.

He looked to the door, half-expecting a nurse or a stranger to walk in out of nowhere. The night had been far too long, and for all he knew, it could still be night. The lack of distinction between night and day had always disturbed him about Umbra.

The nightmare had returned, in several ways. Reality began to sharpen as he remembered every other waking moment from the morning and late night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:33 am

Fioro took a sip of the walnut-hued coffee resting on a marble coaster upon his desk. He kept up eye contact with Stamatia as she explained the previous night's events. As she explained the disappointments of the ceremony, his brow arched, partially in concern and partially because he was questioning her method. "I see. Is it safe for me to assume that you managed to find at least a few suitable candidates?" he asked, returning his expression back to the usual one of confident ease.

----

Phoenix folded her arms across her face and groaned. At that moment, there was nothing she wanted less than to get up. But it was unsafe to be so vulnerable in the lion's den.

As if psyching herself up, she said, "M.. Okay.. Okay. Up." And with that she rocked forward and forced herself to sit up. She pushed the button by her bed, calling a nurse. One arrived in the room within a few moments.

"Good morning!" the woman exclaimed cheerily. Her darker skin and bright eyes, along with the raven blue hair gave away her Tephran heritage.

"Hi," Phoenix replied briskly, in a raspy early-morning voice. "We're ready to leave now.".

The nurse laughed. "Oh? Alright. Let's have a look then.". She drew the curtain around Phoenix's bed and called another nurse for Ulric. Phoenix removed her robe, was inspected and then given a clean bill of health. She was prescribed rest and "no fights for a while." Phoenix grimaced while the nurse pulled the needle out from her arm. The opening was quickly covered with gauze and wrapped.

"Okay, Miss," the nurse said, "Make sure to check with one of the soldiers outside before you leave. And do have a nice day."

"Mm, thanks," Phoenix said, awake now, but annoyed that it was the odd and painful sensation of the needle sliding out from her vein that roused her to full consciousness. She moved to the bathroom and washed what she could of her face. On the towel rack was a bag that read "Girl,". She was correct in assuming it was for her. Inside were street clothes. Her own street clothes. It creeped her out a little. She changed and returned to the room, sitting on the bed again. She stretched as much as her body would allow, trying to get rid of some of the soreness from the activities of the night before.

((WHEW MOBILE POSTING. :l))
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:33 pm

((:l You have MADMOBILESKILLZZZ, grrrrl!))

"Certainly. Two, in fact. They were immensely promising. Of course, they'll have to undergo further tests to determine the extent of their commitment, but from what I saw last night, and you know that I don't like getting ahead of myself, but, with some additional observation, these two might be the best to join my sector since Cinaed."

Stamatia seemed as though she didn't see the question in Fioro's eyes, smoothly displaying critically-assessed self-assurance with every word she spoke. The name she dropped would also assist in her credibility, as well as all associated with him.
---
Ulric suppressed a groan as he stood for his inspection of health by a nurse. The woman who had watched the two of them through the night had long left for home. By the fourth time he'd noticed her, he had begun to feign sleep. No matter the dosage of painkiller or sleeping medication, he remained at least partially awake after the first nightmare's awakening.

"You should be good to go as well. But do make sure to take it easy over the next few days, alright?"

He nodded once, before sitting at the edge of the bed, waiting for his partner to return. When she did, he ambled slowly within, preparing for the day, not even bristling at his own clothing contained within the bag labeled "Boy". As strange as it was, such a practice was not uncommon where they were, no matter the small chill it gave him, knowing that important details about him were known by the Umbran family again.

It would be a while before he could consider himself truly awake. He stretched only minimally as he returned to the room, looking over at Phoenix briefly, with a sleep-deprived gaze.

"Ready?" he said, muffled by a yawn.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:13 pm

((x.x Blah. Accidental mobile post. Excuse it's existence.))

Last edited by Abeiya on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:15 pm

((THANKSMAN.))

A smile slid across Fioro's face at Cinaed's name. It was bittersweet. That soldier had been among the most loyal and fearsome Fioro had seen in all his years. This was indeed very promising. Stamatia herself possessed all of the qualities of a great soldier and that was what made her such a successful Capo. In Fioro's eyes, Cinaed had been the closest he had ever seen to the perfect soldier. He was personable, persuasive, and deadly. And most of all feared. And rightly so.

"This is wonderful news. I hope the two continue to excel, of they truly are of such high caliber. And I wish your sector the best of luck in training them."

----

Phoenix nodded and smiled at him, "Very. And, my friend, look like you need a nap."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

((THATWASACHEAPPAGECLAIM.:l andsuchhighcaliber.))

"Yeah," Phoenix's partner replied, straining to keep himself from essentially passing out. When he pushed open their hospital room door, noticing the people populating the hall, the personnel and the patients, their faces and the sounds of their footsteps, the metal carts passing through and the guards observing every second, he slowly felt his consciousness return. His awareness heightened until nearly every minute detail seemed to brush the tips of his nerves. When they reached the soldiers at the exit of the hospital building, he had not only woken up, but transformed entirely, now resembling the anxious, desperate youth from the night before, but standing, silent.

As soon as they were cleared to leave, he quickened his pace as much as he possibly could without creating suspicion and causing himself or his partner more pain than required after that very night.
---
Upton had his own thoughts about the soldier the woman had compared her new recruits to. He longed with much of his being to believe that she had found soldiers of such a standard. Cinaed was undoubtedly the best he had seen in this family.

"I will be certain to give you continued updates as they progress with their training. Thank you for your time,"the Capo responded, a slight smile interrupting her solemn look.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 am

((ITSOWAS.EXCEPTICAN'TDELETEIT.))

Fioro smiled and waved to Stamatia as she departed, "You're quite welcome, Stamatia. I'll be looking forward to your reports. Until then," he said.

After she left, the Ariak twin turned to his brother, inspecting him once again. He needed to address his disheveled appearance and find the root of the problem. He hated to see Upton suffer. "Brother..." he began, "What has happened to you? What is wrong? Y U LOOK HUNGOVER? Y U NO DRESS NICE? Y U HAVE FRIZZY HAIR?"

----

Phoenix waved at the soldiers as they passed, smiling. She then jogged to catch up with Ulric, before matching his swift pace. She trod on silently, observing more closely than usual to try and make sure she would know when someone was watching them.

She hated to be taken by surprise. Especially by the enemy.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:12 am

((>:l))

Y UR HAIR NOT LONG AND FLOWING

Upton looked his brother into the eye, not one to turn away from genuine concern or confrontation of any sort.

"I appreciate your concern, brother, and confess that I have not been reflecting the correct ideals of our position at this time. I have been rather troubled in the past couple of weeks. Forgive me for my tardiness this morning. Last night I was in the lower ring assisting with the preparation for today's shipment to Elios. It seems that there is a terrible storm moving toward the Elosi northern coast, in our usual route."
----
Once Ulric and Phoenix reached a known exit, he led them to the street almost immediately, suppressing anything that would give away his condition to passerby, automatically assuming his previous role as tourguide. His acting ability had improved over his two weeks with Phoenix, but this morning, all progress had seemed torn to shreds. As if he were a child wearing a sheet in order to imitate a ghost.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:39 am

Fioro raised a brow at his brother. "That is all well and good. We'll handle this storm or pull the shipments, but it was will be handled regardless. And you have avoided my ques--" He was interrupted by someone entering their office. "Good morning, Ares."

"Good morning, my superiors. I've come to report my findings for this month," he said, smiling at the underbosses.

Fioro smiled and turned to the younger man, "I look forward to hearing about them."

"I've found three promising candidates," he said, a smirk growing across his face, "I had to pull them off of each other, or we would never have had any candidates from my section. They are positively ferocious. You'll like them."

Fioro smirked back at Ares, "Oh, will I? I'd like some evidence."

Ares pulled up the sleeves of his jacket, revealing eight long scratches, four on each arm, from the creases of his elbows down past the wrists onto the hands. "This was what happened when I tried to keep them from killing one another. Not to mention quite a few bruises." He laughed and covered them up again.

Fioro's smile grew, "Very impressive, indeed. Anything else to report?"

"A storm is coming from the northern Elosi coast. It could ruin a whole shipment if we don't act fast, sir."

"So I've heard. We'll take care of it."

"Alright, sir. It was nice to see you, Mr. Fioro. And you, too, Mr. Upton. Say hello to the Misses for me. Also..." he added, his smirk becoming a little more devilish, "Was that my lovely fellow Capo Stamatia I saw leaving here earlier?"

Fioro swallowed a laugh. "Yes, Ares."

"Well, then, I must be off! And quickly! Good day to you, both! I'll have those reports to you as soon as possible."

"Very well. We'll see you then."

With that Ares left the office and jogged off to go find Stamatia.

"Again, Brother," said Fioro. "Full circle. What is wrong?"

----

Phoenix followed Ulric with an ambient smile on her face. She was the excited Aster student caught up in the hustle and bustle of the big city. She found this role more difficult to assume with what she had seen in the past eighteen hours. She knew now why Ulric was so surprised by her reaction to Noia at first.

There was definitely more to it than met the eye OPTIMUS PRIME more to Noia than she had initially seen. Her contracts here had all been on the surface, usually collecting things from people and moving supplies. She had never been in the underground before. And here far more going on beneath the surface of the city than she had ever imagined.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 am

"I understand your concerns," the woman said, as she surveyed the muddied canal, one hand on her hip, the other on her chin, appearing thoughtful.

"This is why I'd like to move closer to the center ring. It's just impossible right now, Ms. Blanat."

"Nothing is impossible. What you see here is a very difficult reality. I completely understand the way you see it right now," she replied, gesturing universally upon the structures surrounding them, some old and sturdy, if plain or unpleasantly aged, others built haphazardly to fill the gaps for various families.

"There's a reason the lower ring is the lowest. It's not a ring--it's a rung. On a ladder. You'll make it into the center. We're a place of progress here in Noia. Many of the men at the top now whyamIthinkingof"UpIntheAir"rightnow? started right down here. From every nation, we start here."

"But you don't understand, the factory my husband and I were employed at is being taken down for some sort of new facility. We were told that the factories would always be here, that the work done in this ring was needed. We don't know how to do anything but this. How in Pentemia are we ever going to reach any inner ring, let alone the very center?"

The other woman's voice took on a note of familiar desperation.

"All I want is something to keep my family from starving. That's all I want," she said, exasperated. "We left for something better than what we had back home. We left not only to feed our children and to survive, but to give them childhoods. I don't want them working now, raising themselves and other people's children. We're grateful to even be here now... what is it that we could do, Ms. Blanat? You say your city is a place of progress, but we have spent five years stuck in the same place. On the lowest 'rung', Ms. Blanat. And we seem to be falling even lower."

Blanat used her transparently emotional face to express her greatest sympathies to the woman before her. Her eyebrows knit subtly, her eyes compassionate, her mouth straight, the corners of her lips tipped upward or downward to convey her genuine concern and even empathy. She closed her eyes for a moment before nodding.

"I see your struggle. I only say what I do because I've seen that progress happen, many times. It is a struggle, Ka., but there are ways to provide."

She scanned the woman with those supposedly compassionate eyes, the woman's messily-pulled dark hair, her beige-tinted pallor, the muscle in her arms beneath her uniform shirt, presumably held by breast and ribcage, low, scuffed boots tangled with her the strings on her ratted skirt's tearing hem.

"Even just last night... there were these strange men all around. I've seen them many times. Some of them live here, but so many of them do not. I'm not sure... I'm not sure how safe it is here."

"If you avoid those men, they will avoid you," Blanat promised her 'client', with the most earnest tone, her mind knowing just how empty her words were.

"I don't know what they do, Ms. Blanat, but... I just... we need to be safe, Blanat. I need to be certain. After all we've done here."

This time, the woman looked sincerely into the other woman's eyes. "I'll do what I can. I will meet you here again tomorrow."

Blanat's client gave her one more glance of desperation, before tilting her head toward the ground, turning around, her shoulders sinking, beginning to take a step toward the streets that led to her tiny residence. For a while, the other woman watched her walk away, silently cursing her inability to make her words true.

She would be back, with an offer to make improvement. A method to reach the place where her children would be fed, perhaps even waited upon. Where they could grow up full of knowledge but also pumped with secrets. And the way the woman strained for hope, somewhere in that lonesome, desperate face, Blanat knew. She would do anything for them. Even the last thing she could ever possibly want.

Such a sacrificial attitude usually produced death when she offered it. She longed to separate herself emotionally from these in the lowest rings, where she dutifully visited and offered "solutions" and instigated "improvements". There was little to be done here but continue the strong connections to Umbra. The empire grew with this wide ring, this high step, which looked like dirty, cracked concrete in a rainstorm. She breathed in these deep crevices, inspected them thoroughly. The woman did not fill them but deepened them, using the pickaxe disguised by her cloak of kindness, friendship, integrity.

Those men. Out in the night, scoping out their next shipment of treatment. What a disappointment for them, where they idled on that ladder. The only direction from the top was down.

She'd known where her husband was the previous night. The entire two weeks of his absence, when he wasn't practicing distance in his huge, damned office, with the thick, Aster-glass topped desk. Tonight, she'd leap across that canyon again. There was some erosion that could never be reversed, wide changes in landscapes that could never return to their original formation. Blanat had figured she could stick herself in an ice cave too, but today, she'd had enough. She wanted a fire. She wanted that ice to boil.

((Forgive me. It's 1 AM. v.v' ANDI'MNOTEVENLISTENINGTOTHEMOUNTAINGOATS.YET.))
---
Stamatia continued down her usual route to her sector, doing what she usually did, as she usually did what she did, usually, the usual way she did what she does her head high, her expression not giving away the utter excitement within at the approval she had received and the plans that she had to keep it returning to her. As well as the sheer joy of knowing just how well her new recruits would develop. She was completely oblivious, however, to any great nuisance to her current positivity.
----
Upton listened closely, finding himself somewhat pleased by the expression of the younger Capo who entered; he was always finding the ones just as fiery as himself. But the underboss could appreciate that, whether his seeking was intentional or not. Ares had a rare, strong personality, a fierceness uncommon to even the greater leaders. While this could occasionally be troubling, he usually found that the young man knew when and how to channel it into effectiveness.

"Again, brother? What is wrong?"

Fioro's twin sighed, deciding to drop his earlier pretenses.

"Many things have been troubling me lately. The situation with Stamatia's soldier, other recent and unfortunate mishaps in the lower ranks. So many losses. Does is not trouble you? Amidst all this, my wife... she... she announced to me that she is pregnant. She took Elosi tests, has been noting symptoms for over a month."

The man sighed, suddenly exhausted, considering the past weeks. His own unfortunate actions. Or lack of them.

"I confess to you, I'm not certain... how to respond to such... information," he said after a long pause.

---

Ulric found Phoenix's persona's enthusiasm and wide-eyed fascination especially unnerving this morning. He still kept his quick pace, but didn't bother to point out what they had seen for several weeks until they had been captured by Umbra. He was sure that anyone who had paid attention to them knew their familiarity enough. And when they entered the hostel once more, he knew the location was no longer a sanctuary; they did not have one, probably wouldn't, until after they completed their assignment. If it ever met completion.

"Lita," he began. "I realize... that... Saphinia. Has some... unorthodox teaching methods. And offers an education that is unlike any other facility in Noia. However... as... as a student myself, there are some details about... my involvement, that... you may not have been informed of in our introductions. And it may not be the right... time... for you to know these details. Perhaps... it would be in your best interests to simply... involve yourself... in the extent that you have already experienced, and no further."
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:15 pm

((<3Blanat.BoilingIce.))

Ares took on a quick walking pace to catch Stamatia. Her self-satisfaction was made blatant to him by her gait. Her meeting must have gone well. It was no surprise to him. He moved noiselessly as he caught up with her, but then slowed down to match her speed a few feet behind her. He took this time to begin to smoke and then said, "Why, hello, Ms. Stamatia. Looking stunning as usual, I see. And awfully pleased with yourself. You know, if you'd like to learn how a real pro bends, I could give you some.. private lessons." He smirked at her.

---

Fioro's expression fell into one of dismay as his brother told him the news. He knew that Upton was aware of just how dangerous it was for a member of the family to have a child. Fioro had been opposed to Upton's marriage to Blanat when the idea was first presented because of this very reason.

He learned quickly that the woman knew how to handle herself in dangerous situations. But a child was a completely different scenario. The risk reached entirely new heights. Children were a unique and potent point of leverage for enemies. The last thing he wanted was for Upton's family, his own blood, to be threatened.

But Fioro would not abandon his older brother. They would simply need to make it work. Even if it meant sending the child and Blanat to the homeland for protection.

He let his face slide back into its usual easy cast, but his brow remained wrinkled with perturbation.

"It is troubling indeed, brother. But we will see ourselves through. The gang will recover. And you and your wife are both intelligent individuals. The family will find a way to help you, whatever it is you decide to do about your current predicament."

---

Phoenix looked up at Ulric with Lita's limpid smile across her face. "Very well. You need not reveal everything about your education to me. But I would like to discuss with you the best approach for my studies when we return to the room."

They weaved through Noia, making their way back to the Aster district where the youth hostel was located. Phoenix entered first. Peris was working at the front desk. Her eyes widened for an instant at her associate's condition, but she quickly regained her composure.

As Phoenix passed her, Peris said, "I have the key to your mailbox. Come down and see me whenever you're ready and we'll get you all set up."

"Will do."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:06 am

Ulric took in Peris's message when they entered the hostel, but hardly paid attention to her face, as he and his partner left for their room once more. When he arrived, he immediately sat at the edge of his bed, took his face in his hands, leaning forward only as much as he could without causing himself additional pain, trembling as he tried to keep himself from losing control again.

---

Stamatia, narrowing her eyes very briefly at her fellow Capo, before returning to her earlier self-assurance, her inner goddess looking completely at peace except for the self-satisfied smirk on her face not even caring for the smoke rising behind her, the footsteps slowing just beside her.

"And you seem to be your usual obnoxious self this morning. What about me so concerns you at this hour?"

---
Upton nodded, considering the words of his brother. The consequences of this situation were dire, and he had been spending nearly all of his time immaturely, and treacherously avoiding any thought related to such things. He had been so occupied with every other possible concern, but he could not keep this situation from seeping into every such concern. There was no way to keep this from the helm of his life forever, and he silently despised his past two weeks.

"Thank you, brother. That is exactly the assurance I needed."
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am

Phoenix found herself sitting next to Ulric again, her hand gently resting on his back. She was unsure of what to do with him. He was on the brink and she had no idea how to pull him back, but she needed to figure it out quickly. She looked at him, her eyes laden with concern and wondered what he couldn't tell her. But she dared not ask.

He had clearly been through a lot. After a few moments, she murmured, "Ulric?"

---

Ares laughed. "Mm, you know how I do love being obnoxious. It's a terrible habit, really," he said, as he flicked the ashes from his cigarette. "And I was just checking up on you."

---

Fioro smiled reassuringly at his brother. "I am here for you, Upton. Do not ever hesitate to come to me with a problem if you have one."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 am

((SOMUCHREASSURANCE.SOMUCHASSURANCE.))

Ulric tensed at Phoenix's hand upon his back, virtually unable to sense the same comfort he had begun to associate with the young woman's touch the past several weeks. It was strange, that it took arriving at the hospital for his memories and their aftermath to catch up with him. He squeezed his eyes shut a moment, before answering meekly.

"Yes?" he replied, his voice raw and hardly louder than a whisper.
---
Stamatia glared facetiously as Ares flicked ashes from his cigarette, a smirk subtly appearing upon her face as she replied, putting a hand on her hip.

"I have never seen you display such an interest in my well-being, Ares, I'm beginning to get suspicious."
---
"Thank you, brother. I extend to you the same," Upton replied.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 am

Phoenix immediately pulled her hand from Ulric's back, seeing the way he recoiled at her touch. She did not want to upset him any further. "Are... I want... Is there anything I can do to help you?" she asked, quietly, as her gaze rested on the floor between her feet.

---

Ares chuckled, "I didn't say I was checking to see how you were fared, dear Stamatia." He took a drag and exhaled. His eyes closed as smoke billowed from his nostrils. "I said that I was checking up on you. I wanted to know what you were doing."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 am

((PRIVATE LESSONS.))

"Well, then. I really don't think that's any of your business. Regardless, I'm certain you can tell what I'm doing," she replied, ignoring Ares' smoke as she glared into his eyes, smirking simultaneously.

---
"YOUWANTARES?!DDDDDD':<THENGO.SEEIFICARE.NOSHIPPING'ROUNDHERE.NONE."

Ulric shook his head, before removing his hands from his face, placing his arms at his sides, grasping the sheets as if to keep from slipping to the floor.

"They just..." he began, still barely whispering. "They know me, Phoenix. I... I've done something I... I can't... I..."
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 am

((GO FOR IT.))

Ares smirked and took another drag, blowing rings of smoke into Stamatia's face. "Well, you're right about that," he said. "If that's the case, why are you being so uptight about it?"

---

Phoenix's brow wrinkled at what Ulric had told her. She had a feeling he had withheld some information from her for her own good, but not knowing what it was drove her mad. At the same time, she didn't want to push him.

She gently took his chin and angled it so that Ulric was looking at her face. "Hey. Listen to me. You are okay, Ulric. It's not your fault." Her voice was soft, a caress breaking the silence of the room in the hostel. "We'll figure out a way."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:13 am

Stamatia swatted the smoke from her, glaring most genuinely now, bringing her face near his before snatching away his cigarette.

"You are a child," she said, before taking a drag for herself and exhaling the smoke away from him as if to feign her own maturity.

---

Ulric startled, forced to see Phoenix's eyes again, her hand taking his chin with such a sincere gentleness, so unlike the first time she had done this. He felt the great walls he'd long ago constructed, already trembling like aftershocks, crumbling with her softened voice. He longed so much for her words to be any degree of true. He closed his eyes again, removing his face from her hand, but still closer than he had been before. His shoulders shook slightly.

"Thank you," he whispered, his voice as unsteady as the rest of him.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 am

Ares pulled his head back in surprise for a moment and then smirked. He took Stamatia in his arms and dipped her over his knee, as though they were doing a dance. He took his cigarette between his teeth and plucked it from Stamatia's grasp. He repositioned it with his tongue and inhaled smoke. He then let go of Stamatia, ready to let her suffer the short drop to the floor if she didn't catch herself. He stood up fully and tapped away the ashes.

"Don't touch my toys."

---

Phoenix let go of Ulric's face, letting her hand drop to his shoulder. She then cautiously took her partner into a delicate embrace, in an attempt to steady him.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:37 am

Ulric allowed himself to accept Phoenix's careful embrace, feeling his breath catch as she held him, not only because of minor sting of his injuries at her touch, but the anxiety eased and heightened by her nearness. He felt everything begin to culminate as water, undesired in his eyes.
---
Stamatia struggled to release herself from Ares' grasp, her gaze already ireful with just his touch, as he took his cigarette back and leaned her down toward the floor, before abruptly releasing her himself. She was momentarily surprised when she hit the ground, but her fury tinted her face and launched her toward him, aiming to shove him where she had just landed.
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 am

Phoenix heard his breath catch for a moment and held him a bit more firmly, but did her best to be conscious of his wounds. She softly rubbed his back and rested her chin on the shoulder she had not bitten on his uninjured shoulder to let him know that he was safe with her.

---

Ares was shoved back, landing on his tailbone. He laughed, "I like you." He then held his head high and put his shoulders back in Stamatia's usual mien. Then, matching the cadence of her voice while forcing his own into a sharp falsetto, he proclaimed, "You're a child."
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 am

((THEY'RESOENTERTAINING.<3OTPFOREVERRRRR))

Stamatia glared fiercely at Ares, as if it could remove the red from her cheeks, and passionately repressed the urge to shove the younger man down again.

"How incredibly mature of you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to return to my sector and actually accomplish something. Until then," she supposedly concluded vocally, before once more snatching his cigarette and briskly walking, then, gracefully as possible, working her way to a run, all the way toward her exit from Umbra.

---

Ulric could not prevent the tears that did fall, where they landed or otherwise, nor the pangs of his bruises, nor the warmth that Phoenix brought. He knew he was safe with her, but no where else, no one else, was safe to him. The young man felt broken into and ransacked, reduced to remnants of glass on a scuffed floor. His partner was all that was trustworthy, at least in this moment. When he opened his eyes, he saw her face, with the violet rising beneath her skin, the scratches, but her so close, straining to extend some sort of comfort to him.

He had to tell her. Slowly, he returned her embrace, tears still falling, still quavering slightly from his crying.

"It was me, Phoenix," he whispered, nearly shattering again.

Last edited by ConfusedShipper123 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abeiya

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:09 pm

((XDD It's so true.))

Ares snickered at the way Stamatia shrugged off the rather obvious blush that had stained her cheeks. As if I didn't notice, he thought, with a sly grin. He stood up and brushed himself off, getting yet another cigarette from the inside of his jacket. He grimaced because his supply was running low.

As the older Capo ran away from him, he said, just loudly enough for her to hear, "You can keep that one to remember me by, hun." And then he was off to his sector to begin preparing his new soldiers and make the necessary arrangements for the arrival of the shipment later than night.

---

Phoenix gently scratched his back. She kept her chin on his shoulder, allowing herself to remain close to him even though the nearness bothered her somewhere inside. He was just so hurt. She couldn't just leave him to be alone with his memories.

"It was me, Phoenix."

"What... what what are you doing?! do you mean, Ulric?"
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 pm

(("What, what, WHAT are you doing? Look at your life, look at your choices..."))

"I... I took the treatment, Phoenix," he began, barely capable of keeping her eyes, so inclined to look away. "For more than just... my sister. There just... there were so many people... so many who just couldn't..."

Ulric paused, straining to gain enough breath just to go on. How could he tell her? Could he tell her everything? Why had she been placed in the way of the collapsing structure of his life?

"My father... he took the fall..."

He shut his eyes, letting go of Phoenix, thinking of all he simply could not say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)   The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shadow of Peace (Abeiya and ConfusedShipper123)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next