New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orb of the Seas (T)

Go down 
+3
almostinsane99
Magus1108
Casey Jewels
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Orb of the Seas (T) Empty
PostSubject: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Orb of the Seas

Sometimes seven years can pass in the blink of an eye, and sometimes seven years can feel like a lifetime; seven years of relative peace, followed by seven years of an existence not worth living.

He came out of nowhere, the man who could control the waves, delivering severe storms at one moment, and a terrible drought at the next. Any who stood up to him met the most awful of fates.

For seven long years, the people of the known world suffered, living in fear of what the next day would bring, of what the current day had in store. All they had and more was taken from them, but yet they had to be grateful, that this great man would offer them such an honor. For seven long years, there was no hope.

Then the rumors surfaced and spread like wildfire, that the man’s power came not from himself, but from the fabled Orb of the Seas, whose existence had been doubted for centuries. Could it actually exist? The aqraco—said to be the guardians of the Orb—denied it; yet, it had to be true.

Would the destruction of the Orb finally bring an end to this reign of terror?

It had to.

Setting:
This is a fantasy, with medieval level technology. So, no guns, cars, phones, or any of that.

Also, humans make up about 60% of the population. It’s not odd to see a dwarf, elf, whatever walking around, though some mythical creatures are rarer than others, such as the aqraco race, who don’t associate much with the other races. If you want to make up your own race, go ahead, but make sure to include some brief info about them.

The main country is Trieraia, which has a vast ocean to its west, north, and northeast borders. To the south and southern east, other smaller countries exist, which this Overlord of the Waves has ravaged as well. But it is Trieraia that is his base, and that has been hurt the worst.

Rules:
1. The obvious of no Mary Sues and Gary Sues, no OOC fights.
2. This is teen, so keep romance and gore to that level.
3. Keep the swearing toned down.
4. I reserve the right to change the rules.

Character Application
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Accepted Characters:

Name: Yu’verrin (Alan)

Race: Aqraco

Appearance: Alan is humanoid in appearance, but yet very much a fish. Small scales cover much of his body, blue in color. His hands, feet, and face are flesh, with scales protruding slightly across them. His hands and feet are both webbed, and he walks barefoot. His hair is shaggy and pure white in color, while his eyes are a bright orange. One his left cheek is a tattoo, restricting his powers over water. On the sides of his neck, just below his ears, are gills—which close over when on land, but still can be seen. His ears are webbed, appearing much like a mermaid’s.

He wears loose tan trousers and a belt of a much darker brown, as well as an even looser short-sleeved shirt with deep sleeves, a dusty light blue in color. He wears a wide, dark blue scarf wrapped around his right shoulder and left side, underneath his arm, appearing similar to a Greek toga. Hidden in this is a large inside pocket in the front, which holds all Alan owns, which isn’t much, even with his thieving hands.

He also carries around with him a saintie, which he is surprisingly well-skilled with.

Personality: Alan has a hard time taking anything seriously. He’s immature, and tries to get out of responsibility any way that he can. He doesn’t like fights, but his pride often lands him in them, as well as his big mouth. He is extremely carefree, even with the most serious of matters. However, even with as immature as he is, he is able to function well enough outside of his home, in the ‘real world’. But when alone, he is quiet and moody, overwhelmed with the task given to him and overwhelmed by the destruction his carelessness has caused; he is overwhelmed by his hatred for himself.

History: To Alan, his birth and childhood were uneventful, but to everyone else of his race, he was a powerful religious/spiritual leader who had been prophesied about long ago.

At twelve years of age (twenty-four in human) he was given the Orb of the Seas. Only a month later, he lost it. Alan tried to cover this up, but then the seven years of terror began, and the aqraco reevaluated the signs, only to realize with horror they had been mistaken—Alan was no chosen one.

But it was he who bore the punishment, not told of their mistake, and cast out from his people, allowed back only upon regaining the Orb. Alan has been on his own ever since, wandering the land.

Other: Inspired by Drowning in Despair
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I claim teh villain! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I'd like to reserve a spot. Smile
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

I'd like to reserve a spot as well.
Back to top Go down
Lucifa

Lucifa

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Watch this space!

Name: Dit

Race: Human

Appearance: Dit is a weedy looking boy with very pale, ill skin and a bright red button nose. He has dirty brown hair in a modest bowl cut. He has dark brown eyes and usually has a worried looking expression on his face. He stands fairly tall at 6 foot. His common attire is a brown tunic with a yellow tan undershirt; similar brown pants and boots. He wears a family heirloom that has been passed down in his peasant family. It is a necklace of some rough blue gemstone.

Personality: Dit is hard working and will usually do what is told of him, but it doesn't stop him from being a worrywort about everything. Towards humans, he harbors a great trust, even if they are strangers because he has been in an environment where strangers come and go with peace. He has a friendly attitude towards people. He is fairly inexperienced at life, not being able to see what the world has to offer outside of his village, so he is frightened easily by unknown things. Towards other beings from different races, Dit is more reluctant to trust because he feels that if they are not human, then they are not with humans.

History: Dit was born in a humble village. It was a place which is fairly close to the main country, so many adventurers and travellers would make a stop at the village for rest. It was pretty mundane for Dit, however, since he was born into a simple farmer's family. From a young age, he led a simple farmer's life of learning how to toil the land and care for livestock.

It was pretty uneventful for Dit. He talked with the adventurers and travellers that came by and learned of the massive world out there, but the things they talked about always worried him. He was worried about the different races would start a war again (he does not see many of the other races apart from human), or about the beasts that roam the land.

When the one with the orb appeared, Dit's life became much more sheltered and he would never think about leaving home. Another consequence of the change in weather was that their farming yielded less and often crops were destroyed by the storms. Unfortunately, Dit's mother died of an unknown disease, which malnutrition played a key role in.

Now with most of the villagers either too sick or too preoccupied to sell their crops or livestock, Dit has become the only able bodied person. He was tasked by his father to travel to the nearest city to deliver crops. Dit, as scared of leaving home as he is, could not decline such a task because he knows his village is doing poorly.

Other: Has a lot of experience in farming. Works with farm tools frequently and is good with animals.

Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, everybody! I've been sick this past week, and the week before that my life kind of descended into chaos...

But I am starting to feel better, and I'm getting my life back into order, so...

Your reserves are noted!

Lucifa, you are accepted!
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:38 am

Name: Hsevira
Race: Saurian- Saurians are a savage people that like to live in warm areas. They are evolved from reptiles and are bipedal, though can revert to all fours for speed. They have clawed hands and feet, as well as tails, and mostly wear skins from animals they kill. Most have hair (or a close approximation to what humans have), and forked tongues. They are warm blooded but are more sensitive to temperature than other races. They have raspy voices, males deeper than the females. Their heads are close to humans in structure, as are their bodies aside from what was described, and they have great strength. Since they look distinctly different from most other races, they have been even less accepted than other more similar looking races, though that is partially because of their savage nature, violence their preferred way of dealing with problems. Their children hatch from eggs with no knowledge of who is the parent, they are a communal people and blood ties mean nothing to them.
Appearance: Green scaled, she stands at about 6'8" which is around average for her race. Her hair is black and falls to her shoulder in locks, almost sectioned. Her eyes are yellow and she wears a brown leather top and skirt.
Personality: Hsevira is short tempered and very serious, a trait that most of her people share. Since life has always been a struggle for her kind, she has little in the way of humor, but she does find sarcasm amusing. She doesn't trust other races easy, but does her best to refrain from confrontations while she is in their lands. She is one of the most open minded and friendly of the Saurians, which isn't saying too much, but that doesn't mean she isn't willing to get her hands dirty or respond to situations with hostility.
History: Like all of her kind, Hsevira grew up learning to fight and struggle for survival, unknowing of how long any prosperity would last. In battle with others, she found victory as often as she suffered defeat, cuts and bruises were added with each battle, and she has become stronger from her experience. She and others her age learned together to forage for food, hunt, use weapons, and perhaps most importantly not to venture outside their camps alone. Their positions were decided by battle, only the strongest would become the leaders and hold the most important positions. Hsevira by her more tolerable disposition was made a care-giver for children. She served in that position from her tenth year for seven years before the storms ravaged the lands. The Saurians tried to endure it, but the storms messed with the temperatures too much, making life for the next seven years unbearable for the Saurians. Hsevira has been sent to seek out the source of the problem in the human lands, by the same traits that made her a care giver, and cannot return without at least some information to act on.
Other: Wields dual axes.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:53 pm

^Accepted!
Back to top Go down
Pressed Bunson

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

I know I want to join, but I hate typing on laptops, so I'll write my character up tomorrow when I have my regular computer.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

^Welcome to New Worlds, Pressed Bunson!

And now that I'm on break for college at the moment and am not overwhelmed by homework...

Everybody who has reserved, if you're still interested, please have your characters finished by August 1st! If you need more time, let me know, but I'd like to start this soon.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Name: Ayrie

Race: human

Appearance: Ayrie has relatively long, curly black hair, and pale-blue eyes. He lives to survive, not for comfort, so he tends to wear clothes that are cheap, easy to move around in, and warm in the winter. He carries a quiver of arrows, a bow, and a short dagger for killing and skinning prey, as well as a rucksack with various other supplies for the time he spends in the forest. He is tanned from spending most of his time outdoors, but thin and not particularly muscular.

Personality: He is a hunter, and rarely talks to people. Not that he complains. He's always been a bit antisocial, even before the Overlord of the Waves. The only time he actually interacts with people is when he comes into town to sell the game he catches. He is quiet and serious, and can be very cold. He thinks of caring as a disadvantage, especially in times like this, and so tries not to get attached to people, but it can come off as cruel at times.

History: Ayrie was born in a relatively large village towards the center of the country. It was pleasant enough, and he used to enjoy running through the marketplace or playing at the edge of the nearby forest.

As he got older, his father taught him to hunt, and eventually, he started going out on his own. In those days it was just sport, providing the occasional meal, but after the Overlord came into power, it proved an invaluable skill.

After the man with the orb came into power, he was forced from his home, and instead took to the forests that had offered him so much comfort as a child. Now he lives there, camping under the trees and hunting to survive. Whenever he has extra game, he ventures into town to sell the meat and skins. It's not perfect, but it suits him. He likes the solitude the forests provide, and prefers the company of the trees to that of actual people. Some days he still dreams of a time before the storms and droughts, though, and can't help but wish to go back.

Other: Skilled archer

((Finally got this up here. Can't wait to start!))
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 am

^Accepted, ZCF.

The deadline of August 1st doesn't really work when your power cord breaks and your computer only lasts ten minutes without it... But my new cord should get here any day.

I have received one request for an extension to work on a character. There's still two other of you who have reserved, but I haven't heard anything from. So, once the before mentioned character is finished, I believe we'll be starting.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Name: Overlord of the Waves (Or just Overlord for short)
Race: Unknown
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=code+geass+zero&offset=72#/d2glhwy
Personality: The Overlord is a cruel and vicious person, showing mercy to none.
History: Much about the Overlord is unknown, but what is known is that he has used the Orb to bring about countless disasters upon the world.
Other:

Pretty bare-bones, but I hope it's good enough, Casey.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

^Accepted!

And with that, we're ready to start! I will hopefully be getting a starter post up sometime tonight.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 am

Okay, let’s get this started!

And this is a total fail of a post, but… I’m a little out of practice in starting RPs. Yeah, let’s blame it on that. Razz

Starting in a town in south/southeastern Trieraia. Around noon. Whoever wants to name the place can.

Alan wasn’t sure how he always got himself in these predicaments. A little laughter, sweet talk, a distraction of some kind, swipe some money or food or whatever else had caught his eye, and then disappear. That’s how it was supposed to go.

The aqraco’s orange eyes flickered to the right, and then to the left, watching the men in uniform who held him, and the way they held themselves completely stiff as they walked him down the street, their eyes staring straight ahead. Their pace was quick, their black boots striking the dirt street in unison, and Alan could only stumble along, or be dragged forward.

Why did half his attempts at getting something to eat end like this? Just because he had no money… Another night in the local jail, it looked like. It was amazing how the land of Trieraia clung to its laws when there hadn’t been much order in the last seven years. No matter where he went, things were the same.

Little food, many poor, nobody getting the weather they needed, not unless they gave more than they had, and even then…

Alan pulled himself out of his thoughts with a quick shake of his head. No, now was not the time to be worrying about that. He twisted his hands, testing the strength of the bonds that tied them behind his back, and again his eyes went back to scanning those they passed in this town.

He needed a distraction, and fast.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 am

It was one of those days, which were becoming rarer and rarer lately, that Ayrie had killed more than he could handle. The constant switching between terrible drought and endless rain was terrible for game, and it was getting harder and harder to catch enough for himself, let alone enough to take into the marketplace. Today, though, he had been lucky, and so he brought his cart into town and went to his usual stall, laying out the meat he had to sell.

When he had just about finished, he looked up to see a man being dragged down the main road. Aqraco by the looks of him. The guards were taking him away, and they were in the marketplace, so he had probably stolen something. That happened often enough around here. People just didn't get enough, and they got desperate. He leaned over his stand on his elbows, watching passively.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orb of the Seas (T)   Orb of the Seas (T) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orb of the Seas (T)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: