New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liens du Sang: Blood Ties

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

Liens du Sang: Blood Ties Empty
PostSubject: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Europe 1893: Young girls are continuously going missing within the commune of Loubeyrat, of the Puy-de-Dôme department—a place of dreary, rain storms and very little sun. None of the victims are ever recovered; disappearances are, however, concentrated around Château de Chazeron.

The owner of the castle, Countess Adeline de Loubeyrat, is said to come from a long line of nobility as far back as the 1400’s. She, as well as her castle, is shrouded in mystery; the medieval castle itself owning a few gruesome myths and rumors, often the speculated location of the missing. The inhabitants of the commune are ever quiet and nervous, equally distrusting of outsiders whom may bring more misfortune.

As the controlling shadow looms over the Puy-de-Dôme, an increased influx of outsiders is racing to France, either to solve the mystery of the abductions, or for simple tourism. Regardless of the circumstance, they do not realize what they are getting themselves into...

----------------------------------------

Rules:

1. No god-modding. Vampires push the envelope as it is.
2. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues.
3. The vampires in this RP are based on Bram Stoker lore, so no sparkling in the sunlight or bursting into flames.

4. For the purposes of this RP, there will only be one True Vampire starting out. If you wish to make one of your own, feel free to set up a companion RP that can be merged eventually.

5. There is no cap on the Vampire Brides; however, three is the default. With that said:
6. There is no limit on characters as long as you can keep up with them.
7. Abraham Van Helsing is, so far, the only person to have dedicated time into studying the undead. His methods of hunting, or otherwise warding off, Vampires are NOT public knowledge

8. Be mindful of OOC knowledge; what you know may not be what your character knows, so try to maintain a mindset of how your character views things and interprets them.

9. Sex and Violence is legal, as is swearing, just be reasonable.
10. No one-liners; this isn’t CSI: Miami, so you’re required to post more than three sentences a post.
11. Do not bog down the RP with exposition! I can not stress this enough! How can you expect to have character development if you throw everything out into the open in your first meeting with other characters?

12. No OOC fighting; if you have a problem, take it up with the person in question, but do it in PM. The RP is not the place for it.

13. Just remember to try and have fun; it’s not like this is real life or anything…
14. I reserve the right to change the rules as I see fit.
15. Put "Bram Stoker's vampires are superior to Fail-light, which should never have been published!" to show, on good faith, that you read the rules.

16. Werewolves are now legal as playable characters; however, they will be following 'The Wolfman" lore, accept for the Pentagram in the palm of the victims; that much is just stupid in my opinion. Anyone interested in making a werewolf character, but doesn't know the lore, PM me.

17. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein lore is now available to the RP for anyone interested in making a Frankenstein-esque character. Please note, they don't have to be created by Dr. Victor, but a Scientist of some kind should be listed unless you wish it to be unknown.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Nationality:
Appearance:
Personality:
History: (optional)
Other:

----------------------------------------

Name: Countess Adeline D'Loubeyrat

Nationality: French

Appearance: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties Sample-1cd4566e071617de785c51c60f49bc8f

Personality: Varies with whomever she is interacting with, though the is usually quiet and refined, though has a stable temperament. Calm and composed under pressure, very observant.

History: N/A
Other: True Vampire

-------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lady Rosalinde

Nationality: German
Appearance: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties Sm-risty-tsukasa-jun

Personality: Silent and stoic, she rarely says anything beyond what she is told to say, or what may be appropriate for the situation. While her rage can be quite destructive, she is generally calm and passive, executing her instructions without question. Has a near-overpowering fear of fire.

History: N/A
Other: Reanimated Corpse

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:44 pm

"Bram Stoker's vampires are superior to the race of sparkling....things that shall never be named, nor which ever should have been created."

Here is my first character, or at least a basic template. I may create one or two more later.

Name: Madeleine Delacroix
Appearance:
Personality:
History: (optional)
Other:
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Reservation noted; your character will officially be accepted upon completion. Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
roman_tic_kataang

roman_tic_kataang

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:48 pm

"Bram Stoker's vampires are superior to Fail-light, which should never have been published!"
I would like to reserve for now.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Alrighty, reservation noted! Pleased to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:31 pm

"Bram Stoker's vampires are superior to Fail-light, which should never have been published!"

Name: Javy

Nationality: Mostly a white American, but has some drops of Native American in his blood

Appearance: Javy stands at 5’9”, with a tanned and lightly muscled body. His clothing is ragged, worn, and that of the poorest of the poor. His feet are bare and hardened from years of use. A mop of brown hair covers his head, and he has brown eyes to match. He usually has an almost bored expression on his face, and his stance reflects this. He keeps a brown haversack over his left shoulder, which holds everything he owns--and that doesn't amount to a whole lot. His right shoulder is scarred with the bite of a werewolf, which he always keeps covered.

Personality: Javy seems like a pretty relaxed guy, with his almost detached attitude, and the ability to seemingly never grow angry. The truth behind this? He's actually very nervous about losing control, and so has taught himself how to govern his emotions—for the most part, anyways. Push him far enough and he will get angry. He's a pretty decent guy, and will help others out as long as it doesn't get him noticed, though this conflicts with his strong sense of right and wrong, but yet he also hates attention of any kind, for he fears that it will expose him for what he is. He's too curious for his own good, and he always acts as if he is in control of the situation, even if he’s not.

History: Javy's mother was only fifteen when he was born. His mother raised him on her own, for her boyfriend ditched town as soon as it became apparent that she was pregnant, and her parents didn't want anything to do with the child, or with her. To them, it was just another mouth to feed. And so his mother was kicked out onto the street. Her wages as a seamstress could barely pay for food, clothing, and a few other essentials, and so they lived on the streets. When Javy became three, he too then started to work. All the same, Javy’s first seven years were full of happiness. He was content with his place in life, and his few wants meant nothing when compared to his mother’s love. But then, when he was seven, things changed.

A stranger came to their town. This was ordinary in itself, for his hometown was quite large, but the events that the stranger set into motion changed Javy’s life forever. The stranger showed affection towards his mother, and she returned it. He had money, and invited them into his new home. But it wasn’t very much longer before Javy became aware that this man was abusive. Three weeks after the man came, a full moon shone down upon the land.

A massacre happened that night, and Javy’s mother was the first to die, the screams waking the young boy and the nearby neighbors. Javy showed little fear as he entered the front room, and held out his hand upon catching sight of the werewolf. The beast rushed forward, sinking his teeth into Javy’s shoulder. In that same instant, the neighbors who had heard the commotion fired a shot at the werewolf. The monster released the young boy and bounded after the two of them, thus sparing Javy’s life.

The young boy hid himself inside the house, and the natural healing abilities of the werewolf took over, healing the wounds that should have caused him to bleed to death. After a few days, he gathered up some things and left in the dead of the night.

Javy's been wandering around ever since, never staying in one place for long and working all sorts of crappy jobs. At the age of fifteen, he got himself passage on one of the faster ships sailing from America to Europe, paying for this trip through odd jobs on the ship. The next few years were spent mostly roaming from country to country, living off the land, and again taking on the worst jobs. Finally, after hearing of Puy-de-Dôme again and again, and of the mystery surrounding the place, he set off for France—or, more specifically, for Puy-de-Dôme.

On the way there, he heard about a massacre that had happened, from a newly arrived ship to France. The full moon having occurred not long before, he instantly made a side trip to the port Nantes, the details of the incident causing him to be even surer of what he was dealing with. He tracked Kami down, to find her slaughtering a family in the night, and immediately stopped her. Against her will, he forced her to come with him.

Other: He transforms only under the full moon, and loses all control then. Silver burns his skin, and wolfsbane is poisonous to him. He heals faster than do humans, and has superior senses—especially when it comes to smell, hearing, and eyesight at night. He is only stronger/faster when transformed, but he does have an increased stamina. His breed of werewolf is also harder to kill than a normal human, the most effective way being that of a silver bullet in the heart. Also, he feels ill the night before and the night after the full moon.

I think that's all of the important stuff, for the werewolf info

Name: Kamilopterisa Hilwervis Niberton (Kami)

Nationality: White American

Appearance:
The most notable feature of Kami’s is her silver eyes—a most unusual color, even for her kind. Hidden deep within them is something feral, wild. Rugged dark gray hair falls down to her shoulders, hanging loosely about her. Her skin is tan from spending so much of her time outdoors, and her clothing is very loose, and consists of a gray, sleeveless shirt and brown pants held up by a cord. Her feet are bare and hardened from many years of use. She stands at 5’1” and is a little on the skinny side, no matter how much she eats. A few scars cover her body, all caused by silver. On her left hand, almost faded away, are the bite marks of the beast that bit her.

Personality: Kami is very out of control, and very bloodthirsty. Very little is needed to set her off, and she has no qualms about tearing your arm off if you look at her the wrong way. She has no social skills, no friends, nothing but her need to slaughter. She has always gotten what she wants, and Javy has been the first to deny her, resulting in screaming, yelling, and pouting/sulking. She’s loud, obnoxious, and very headstrong. You say ‘right’, she says ‘left’. You say ‘black’, she says ‘white’. Authority is the thing she hates the most and thus she rebels against it, even if it ends up harming her.

History: Kami’s father walked away the day before she was born, for reasons that Kami’s mother would never tell her. Her mother tried her best to raise her up, but money was always tight and their bellies were never full. Still, Kami and her mother were happy. Alas, that was not to last.

Kami was bitten at four years old. Unwilling to let her daughter die, her mother nursed her back to health and said nothing of the bite to anyone. But on the night of the next full moon, Kami’s mother locked her up, but her precautions weren’t enough. Kami broke loose.

The four-year-old awoke in the morning to find her mother dead and their house in shambles. With her mother’s blood covering her, she had nobody to turn to but her Wolf. Her weak mind was crushed by Its force and she remembered no more.

Nine years passed—nine years of death and destruction. Only during the full moon did she fully transform into a wolf, but that didn’t stop her from attacking at other times. The hunger for human flesh drove her on, as well as the joy of bringing terror to others.

One night, she was at a port town, and had to lie low. She slept, hidden inside one of the ships, and then awoke to find that they were at sea, with no trace of land to be seen anywhere. She wanted to decimate the ship, but knew that doing so would doom her to be lost at sea, and so she picked off the passengers, slowly, over the week and a half that followed. Then the full moon came, the night before they were to reach the port.

The ship arrived to the French port Nantes with everyone dead but her, and she slipped away before anyone could find her. She wandered about for a few days, lost in the new land, and taking lives wherever she pleased. That’s when Javy found her.

She has only spent three days with him, and it has all been unwilling, but her human side is starting to show through, just a little.

Other: Same werewolf stuff as Javy; Her right arm is chained to Javy’s left, with about three feet of chain

I've never written with Kami at this time in her life, in this mentality, so this will be interesting.

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Fantastic and approved! Welcome aboard and glad to have you with us!

Now if you could help me kick Magus into gear on his character sheets... =D

Nice edit, be glad to have Kami in this as well!

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Name: Madeleine Delacroix
Appearance: http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/189/a/3/Victorian_by_KitJoYuki.png
Personality: Madeleine
History: Madeleine was just a normal French girl, and daughter of a somewhat successful merchant, until her older sister Celina went missing a few months ago, much like the other women who have gone missing recently. Madeleine doesn't know what happened to her sister, and since the police haven't been any help thus far, she has decided to take matters into her own hands. For if she cannot find her own twin, who could?
Other:

Name: Nathaniel Wadesworth
Nationality: British
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Sherlock+Holmes#/d2jwm7c
Personality: Nathaniel is a rather observant and quiet young man, simply content with watching a conservation unfold or studying someone than taking part in most social activities. Because of this he does not have many friends, but those he does are kept close to him, so to speak.
History: Born to a loving pair of parents, Nathaniel grew up as an exceptional child, and idolize his grandfather, the great Sir William Wadesworth, a famous and beloved private detective in Great Britain. When he turned seventeen, Nathaniel decided to follow William into glory, and became his apprentice. Like his grandfather, he had a remarkable mind, and soon he became just as good as his grandfather was. When Sir William finally retired, he fully handed over the reins of his business to Nathaniel when the lad was twenty-five. Since then Nathaniel has strived to be as good, if not better, as his grandfather.

Now, recently Nathaniel has been hired by a nobleman in France who had heard of him from across the Channel. He has been tasked with finding the missing Count's daughter, who is believed to be among one of the missing ladies in Loubeyrat. Now, the young detective will soon find himself against forces he could never conceive...
Other:

Name: Lelia LeCruse
Appearance: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/206/2/f/Victorian_by_vivicats.png
Personality: Lelia is a calm and demure person, who'd rather be silent in most situations and given orders instead of doing things on her own. Her submissive personality, thus, made her a perfect target for her Vampire Mistress.
History: Lelia was an orphan who had recently been thrown out into the streets, before her Mistress found her. Countess Adeline found Lelia by chance, and from Lelia's perspective she seemed to take pity on the young girl, offering her a place to stay for the night, as well as some food. Lelia eagerly accepted, though once she was fully in Adeline's clutches she ended up getting Turned. While Lelia was a bit....concerned by this, she ended up believing the perks far outplayed the negatives. For now Lelia is able to live the life of a noble-lady. She can eat the finest of foods, talk with fine company, wear the latest of trends in France, and more. All thanks to her benevolent new Mistress, the Countess Adeline. Sure, one might say she's a virtual slave to the woman now; but considering her previous lot in life, how is this any worse?
Other:
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Characters are accepted, Magus! Thanks for finally getting them filled out =P
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 pm

Now we'll wait for CS to make her character sheet and we can begin.

Sorry, roman_tic, but it's been two, going on three weeks, and I haven't heard one word from you. You can still join if you're interested, but this RP starts with or without you. :/

Alright folks, here's the drill: I haven't heard from roman_tic in over three weeks...at all, and I have yet to hear back from CS on her status.

I know that sometimes life bogs you down and makes things difficult, but I'm not asking to kill yourself getting a character sheet done; however, what I am asking is that if you are busy, or are going to be busy, let me know.

If you estimate it to be a week, okay, but by the end of the week, if things are still hectic, at least do me the decency of informing me. I'm not asking for much.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:22 am

Alrighty, I guess it's time to start things off! Anyone still interested in joining can still make character sheets.

----------------------

Loubeyrat, Puy-de-Dôme:

The skies were, as they have been, a dark and dismal grey; the clouds churning as a light drizzle fell upon the small town. Biting cold winds breezed through the trees and streets, townsfolk scurrying about their daily business as the day progressed; water coalescing, forming small pools in sunken patches of the cobblestone streets.

Despite the skies, it is the afternoon; seasons and time losing most of it's meaning around the vast area of the Puy-de-Dôme department. Many of the inhabitants of this small town, and many others, have made a habit of doing their works while the day was just that, and while it wasn't much of a difference...it at least settled the lurking fear and hysteria.

As a group of foreigners enters the town, enclosed within the safety of their stagecoaches. With the arrival of these unfamiliar faces, a whisper of silence trickles through the streets as it passes; daring eyes following the vehicle while others averted their glances...
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:30 pm

(Whoops... Didn't realize that I grabbed some of my earlier version of this post. Edited that out)

“Here we are,” Javy whispered as he peered through the trees at the town. He didn’t have long to look, however, before his younger companion attempted an expected rush forward. The young adult simply took a step back and swung the chain around, using the girl’s own momentum against her as she was forced around him and then down onto the ground.

He was moving while she was still following towards the ground, and his free hand slammed against her mouth, muffling the yelp as it came out, while he fell back on top of her, pinning her to the ground.

The girl, barely a teen, snarled and clawed at his arm with her recently trimmed fingernails, but still she drew blood. The pain seemed to hardly phase Javy, though, as he turned slightly, and then leaned his head towards her.

“You know,” he said to her. “This would be a lot easier for you if you would just listen, instead of trying to attack everything in sight, and the last thing we need is to alert this town to our presence, especially in the state that you’re in.” He winced as she snapped at his hand, a few of her teeth catching his hand, but he still did not move. “At this moment in time, we are simply observing. I don’t dare bring you among others, not yet.”

Javy breathed in the beautiful aroma of the cooking fish, mixed in with the scents of the forest surrounding him. Ah… Nature. The woods were quite a wonderful place, though he could also smell faint human scents. Civilization. He did need some supplies…

The young adult reached up with his right hand, grasping onto the stick that lay over the fire. He pulled it away and, after gently blowing on the three fish stuck there, he slid them all off, throwing them towards the girl to his left. She instantly snatched them up, her silver eyes glinting, and swallowed them all down in quick succession, not seeming to notice how hot they still were.

“You really should slow down and chew your food,” he said as he reached to his right, picking up yet another fish, but then he paused and glanced over at her. She was watching his hands closely, and looked about ready to pounce, but she did not, and his mouth turned up into a smile.

“I don’t think that I need to ask if you want another one.” He pushed the last three fish onto the stick and then placed the stick back over the fire. “But these are the last you’re going to get for awhile.”

She let out a snarl at that, and he chuckled, though he felt like anything but laughing. What a fine mess he had gotten himself into, but there was no turning back now. He was stuck with this wild thing before him, and had to figure out how to somehow still get this investigation of the area to run smoothly, which meant that his trip into town had to be done very discreetly and carefully.

Javy carefully rotated the fish, checking them over as they cooked, and then looked towards the salivating girl, this time letting out a soft sigh. Neither of those two things were going to be possible, not with this wild child to care for.

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am

((Hmmm. Not quite sure where to have my characters....))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liens du Sang: Blood Ties   Liens du Sang: Blood Ties I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liens du Sang: Blood Ties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: