New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alain and Atiya

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Alain and Atiya - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Once his praise had meant everything to her, but now it only served to further irritate her. She spun around, the sword slicing through the roots, and then she was running. She could not attack head on, not with the wizard, and she had no weapons to throw.

An occasional spasm ran through an arm or leg or her entire body, remnants of the lightning bolt, but she didn't let it slow her down for a moment, instead dodging back and forth and melting into the shadows the best she could, without her cloak to aide her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Mattias gave a sharp whistle as he saw Ana run away. Within a minute, seven extra mercenaries gathered to him.

"After her," he said simply, pointing to the forest. Nine mercenaries, with their swords already out, charged after Ana. Mattias and the wizard soon followed them.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:11 am

Great. Nine of them. With Mattias and the wizard in tow. Ana didn't waste a second looking back, but instead her eyes were constantly scanning for the next place to move and for anything that could give her an advantage. If only... No, there was no use in thinking of how the odds could be in her favor. Such thoughts would only distract her.

She moved into the shadow of a tree and rolled around it just enough to disappear from view. She picked up a rock and rolled it, careful to keep her sword out of view as she did so. It rolled through the bushes before her and to the left, causing them to rustle slightly, as if she had passed by.

She then pressed herself as tight as she could against the tree, her body moving around the trunk just enough to keep herself out of view as the mercenaries drew closer.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:30 am

The nine mercenaries charged past the hidden Ana, chasing after where they thought she was. A few moments later, though, the soft footsteps of Mattias and the Wizard came by, and did not join the guards.

"Clever trick, as always, Ana. But you should know better. I taught you that neat little misdirection myself, did I not?" Mattias asked allowed, as he and the Wizard walked toward the tree Ana was hidden behind.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am

"If you know that I am here, why haven't you called them back?" She was calm as she asked the question, already knowing he wouldn't be fooled by something so simple. "Or do you think me a cornered mouse and want to play with me yourself?" She held the sword up, almost completely vertical, and stared at the blade.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 am

"Perhaps. I have a challenge for you, Ana. I propose that we duel here together, right here, right now. No tricks, no magic, no guards. Just you and me. You win, and you get your freedom. I win....well, it's best left unsaid." Mattias replied with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 am

Ana raised an eyebrow and she turned her head slightly to the left, though she still couldn't see Mattias around the tree. "Alain. You will not touch him? Let him go free, him and his companions?" Could she trust this man? No. This would not be a fair fight, no matter what he said.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 am

"You have my word. But I doubt you'll believe me, either way. Honestly, though, what reason would I have to harm them if you escape now? If anything, I'd keep them hostage until you came back." Mattias replied.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 am

"You have the key to my chains? Throw it. Close to the tree. Also, wizard, take ten steps back. Big steps, but I still better be able to see you." Ana lowered the sword, but it was still at the ready if they tried any funny business. Even if she could not trust him, this would give her a chance to strike him down.

He would be better protected than her. His skills with a sword might be better than hers. Probably were better. But he would not be fighting to kill, as she would be. Neither was he fighting to protect another.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Mattias fished the key out of his pocket and wordlessly threw it toward Ana. The wizard obeyed her commands as well.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Ana knelt and lowered the sword to the ground before her hands darted out, grasping onto the key and pulling it close to her. She twisted the key around and a moment later the lock clicked. The chains fell to the ground and she pocketed the key with one hand while the other grasped onto the sword. Then she was up, and she took two steps, moving around the tree to face Mattias.

"I know you have hidden weapons on you. Drop them."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Mattias shrugged and removed the outer cloak he was wearing, which contained most of the knives and other hidden devices he used.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Ana took a few steps forward, moving away from the tree. The sword remained at her side, pointed downwards, and her body remained lax. "No tricks. No weapons but the sword. No magic. No interference by others. Fight until the other is unable to continue, or 'mercy' is called for."

She did not offer him a soldier's salute, but simply lifted her sword. "If you are ready..."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:24 pm

"Let us begin." Mattias replied simply, and drew two slim blades from scabbards on either side of his waist.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Ana twirled her sword experimentally, getting a feel for its size and weight, and then she started to circle him, moving to the right, though she stayed facing him, and the circle grew smaller with each step. This was not her way to fight, but she could not afford to lose.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Mattias regarded Ana carefully, not moving an inch as his old apprentice circled him. He would not make the first move in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm

So he was giving her the first move. Not that she wanted it. She twirled the sword a second time, then leaned down low and darted the few steps towards his back, her sword arched just the slightest bit downwards, to pierce through to his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Mattias whirled around and blocked her strike with both of his blades, smiling widely at Ana all the while. He broke contact a second later by leaping backwards, before rushing back at Ana, swinging one sword to decapitate her, and the other to skewer through her midsection.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Ana rushed forward to meet him and jumped. The swords passed just above and below her, while her own blade sped for her mentor's chest.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Mattias dropped to the ground, and Ana's blade merely nicked his shoulder as she passed. He quickly rolled away and got back to his feet, narrowing his eyes at Ana.

"Not bad. You've kept up your skills. Good for you."
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Ana rolled to her feet as well, and ignored the small scrapes on her arms and legs as she moved forward. She didn't run, but her steps were quick, closing the distance between them in seconds, and then the sword was slicing at a diagonal upwards.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Mattias blocked her slice once again with both of his short blades; he then shoved upwards, and as Ana stumbled backwards from the resulting force, Mattias made a quick strike toward her exposed left shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Ana's blade danced around and downwards, blocking the strike as she fought to find her balance. She jumped back, her footing still a little steady, but her sword was at the ready to ward off any blows that came her way.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 am

The two continued to battle for nearly an hour, but even this couldn't last forever. Eventually Mattias managed to land the right blow, and shattered Ana's sword with a lightning-fast strike from his own blades. Mattias was quick to seize upon that advantage, and with a kick sent Ana rolling to the ground. Before she could get up, he held one sword to her throat, and the other pressed against her stomach.

"Yield." he simply stated.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:08 am

Well, crap.

Ana didn't move, but simply lay there, her chest rising and falling as she drew in air. He had bested her; everything she cared about had been on the line, and he had bested her. No, there had to be some way out of this. But what could she do? The slightest move and he would... no, he wouldn't kill her. Her only advantage.

"I..."

She lifted her hands slowly, as if in surrender.

"I... CANNOT!"

Both of her hands flew towards the sword at her throat, to shove it away, grab at it, whatever it would take to remove it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alain and Atiya   Alain and Atiya - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alain and Atiya
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: Collaborations-
Jump to: