New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balance of Power

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:44 pm

In the time before man, four spirits existed, and began to create. They created first the sky, filling it with the stars and the sun and the moon. Then they created the planet, and filled it with water, then put a large round area of land on the water. "Here," they said, "is where life will grow." They molded the island, mountains to the north, plains and deserts in the east, rivers and lakes to the south, and volcanoes to the west. In the center they planted life, a sacred forest. It was there that they created all the animals to inhabit the world, who scattered to all corners of the island.

It was in the forest that the spirits created two humans, Xalade and Morzar. The two populated the world with their offspring, but always remained in the forest as the rest of their kind left to explore the world. One day, Morzar was discovered by Xalade to have killed one of their descendants, for unknown reasons, and they fought each other over this evil. The act of killing made Morzar stronger, more adapt at it, and was almost successful, until the spirits intervened. Morzar was sealed away under the forest, and because of that treachery, humanity was never allowed in the forest again. However, for Xalade's courage and moral ways, the humans were allowed to prosper, and established a civilization that allowed for their happiness, if not the most luxurious.

With Morzar sealed away and the big threat of evil gone, the spirits decided to rest. Before this, they created for beings, not human, not spirit, but something else, Sages: the Water Sage, Earth sage, Air Sage, and Fire Sage. The Water Sage was charged with watching over the southern part of the island, to keep the rivers and lakes safe, as well as the people and animals living there. The Earth Sage was charged with watching over the north, to watch over the mountains and its inhabitants. The Air Sage was charged with watching over the eastern plains and desert, to keep them and their residents secure. The Fire Sage was charged with watching over the western volcanoes, and making sure those who lived there were not harmed.

For many millenia this world thrived under the careful watch of the Sages, and humanity flourished under Xalade's guidance, even after his death. Something terrible has happened recently though, Morzar has been awakened. It is unknown how, or where the evil is now, but the power the human, or being who once was human, is dark, and nothing a human should have control over. The Sages gather together in the sacred forest to discover how this happened, but a chilling fact looms over them as they try to decide how it happened and what to do about it: only a Sage can enter the forest.

The humans in the world are varied in styles of living. In the North, they live in cities and have Kings ruling them, and find many jewels, which they use to pay other humans. In the East, the deserts are home to tribes who move around following their foodsources, under chiefs, while those on the plains are spread out, farmers who don't follow anyone's rules, but supply sustenance to other humans. The southern people live in villages scattered around the water sources and fish, as well as supply water to other humans. And the western humans are scarce, but there are a couple of villages in the area that mine the area for resources that help them survive and create. They create items that help other humans get more crops or water or fish, which helps them all.

Rules

1. No godmodding, one liners, ect.
2. Cursing is allowed, just don't go overboard.
3. Questions are meant to be asked, so ask if you have one.
4. Let's keep blood and gore minimal, please.
5. This will be a mature RP, so you've been warned.
6. Decent post length please, no less than three lines.
7. Only one Sage per person, and it's first come first serve.
8. Use good grammar; if you have many grammar mistakes in a post, please go back and fix them, preferably before you post it at all. We all have bad days, one or two mistakes are fine occasionally.
9. Read the rules.
10. I reserve the right to add/modify rules.
11. Only one sage can betray the others, so if you'd like the position, pm me, and this is first come first serve as well. Do not include it on the profile, and pms will only be acknowledged after all the Sages are taken, so please don't pm me before then.
12. Morzar is rallying the darkest of the humans, so there are people fighting each other as Morzar's influence starts to spread.

Needed Characters:

Water Sage:almostinsane99
Earth Sage: xSunlitNight(ABH)
Fire Sage: manysidestome
Air Sage: nando_c_s
Morzar: manysidestome

Application

Username:
Name:
Alliance (If a sage, leave blank):
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief History:
Other:

Last edited by manysidestome on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Accepted Characters

Username: manysidestome
Name: Pyrus
Alliance:
Appearance: Pyrus is lean and fit, with spiky red hair on top of his head. He normally only wears red shorts when at his home, but wears a robe of red, organge and yellow when gathering with the other sages. His eyes always appear to be reflecting fire, and has pointed ears.
Personality: Pyrus is kind and warming at most times, preferring to comfort others. He has, however, a darker side, and a fierce temper, and set off a few eruptions over the ages because of this.
Brief History: Pyrus is one of the four sages created after Morzar was sealed. Though he has not always been perfect, he has been good to the people and animals in his dominion, keeping them safe. He has gone to investigate Morzar's awakening site in the Sacred Forest, and to meet with his fellow Sages.
Other: He has complete control over fire.

Username: manysidestome
Name: Morzar
Alliance:
Appearance: A great black figure, Morzar resembles humanity in build only. Its skin is now black scales, harder than diamond, and it has claws on its hands and feet. It only has sharp teeth, and a forked tounge. The eyes are cold and dark, there is nothing but darkness and despair in them.
Personality: Morzar is the first murderer in humanity, and the taint of the crime corrupted it more than it was before then. It seems to lack compassion and mercy, and brings out the worst in humans its near.
Brief History: Morzar was created alongside Xalade, and together they created more humans to populate the world. The two loved each other, and to stay together, they never left the forest they were created in. Though other humans visited, Morzar always viewed itself as the most worthy and attractive for Xalade. Morzar's murder was of a younger human, in their early adult years. The human was very attractive, rivaling Morzar, and it feared for itself. Morzar murdered out of jealousy, and fear, fear that the human would steal Xalade. It was the murder, however, that caused Xalade to condemn Morzar's actions. After a heated debate, Morzar attacked, outraged that Xalade would not side with her. Morzar began to feel the darkness of its crime, and used it to fight Xalade off. Before Morzar could kill Xalade too, it was sealed away in the forest it was created in. After sleeping for millenia, Morzar was awakened, and set out to spread the darkness in its heart to all other humans. (Please keep histories briefer than this... I just had a lot to explain about Morzar here.)
Other: Dark powers are under its control, though the effect of them on Sages is greatly diminished than when used on humans. Sages can resist the dark impulses Morzar brings to those its near, but other attacks are likely to hurt them as badly as if another Sage attacked them.

Username:xSunlitNight(ABH)
Name:Tsuchi
Alliance:
Appearance:Tsuchi has dark brown hair that extends to her waist. Her eyes are a forest green color and are very deep and warm. She is around 5'7" and is a little large as well. Her skin is a dark earthy color. She wears a dress of dark green normally, but around the other sages a robe of brown and green.
Personality: Tuschi is very down to earth. She is naturally caring and wants to help anyone she can. She is patience as well and is very reserved. Tsuchi rarely gets mad, but when she does, she can be violent. Mature and thoughtful, Tsuchi is very smart.
Brief History: Tsuchi is one of the four sages created after Morzar was sealed away. She ruled peacefully and fairly over her domain. She is now investigating Morzar's awakening site in the Sarced Forest with the other Sages.
Other:

Name:Nile
Alliance:Sages
Appearance:Nile has short brown hair that only goes to her chin. She is pretty skinny and short as well, only reaching 5'2". Nile has aqua blue eyes. Her skin is an ashy color. She normally wears loose clothing and rarely wears shoes, but when she does they are usually sandals or boots. Based off link
Personality:Nile is a reversed girl who only speaks to people she isn't friends with when necessary. She is hardworking and once she begins something she does not stop until it is finished. Nile hates getting into fights and tries to avoid them. She has a dry sense of humor as well.
Brief History: Nile was born in a village near one of the volcanoes. From a young age she admired the Sages and always gave thanks to the Fire Sage for protecting her people. She is the youngest of three, her older sister and brother usually busy. But she is close to her brother.
Other:

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Aquaria
Alliance:
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs42/i/2009/109/c/7/Sage_of_Water_by_Luvanime07.png
Personality: Aquaria's personality is like her element. She is usually calm and peaceful, but when angered, she can be as fierce as a flash flood. She prefers to solve things without violence and is kind to others.
Brief History: One of the Sages created by the Spirits, Aquaria has watched over the humans in the southern part of the island for centuries, being there for advise and taking leadership as needed, though she mostly lets them make their own decisions, only giving them her advice and for the most part, they listen to her. She now travels to the Sacred Forest to investigate with the other sages.
Other:

Username: nando_c_s
Name: Aerius
Alliance:
Appearance: Aerius has long white hair that reaches his knees. Grey eyes and has fair skin. He wears comfortable red baggy pants, light red leather boots, and a long sleeve red shirt. Why all of his clothe red? Because with this attire he is able to easily camouflage in anywhere between the deserts.
Personality: perhaps the most fun and the one with most humor of the Sages. Aerius doesn’t easily get mad, and he is very friendly and social. However, he is also very strict about rules and he gets pretty pissed if one is broken.
Brief History: Aerius is the Air Sage created long ago to watch over the plains and desserts of the east. He has ruled over time with love and care, as long as rules are followed. Most of the under his rule like him, since he is a fair ruler and a very social man. He left his desserts and head over to the forest, to investigate Morzar’s awakening and to meet with his fellow Sages.
Other: Has a staff and what seems to be some sort oval shaped shield which he has tied to his back.

Last edited by manysidestome on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Other

(Reserved for anything else I might need to put here)
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Yes, I'm first! I would like to reserve the Air Sage please.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 pm

I would like the Water Sage. Smile
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:05 pm

I call the Earth Sage.

Actually I'm in enough rpgs. So never mind.
Back to top Go down
xSunlitNight(ABH)

xSunlitNight(ABH)

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Name:Tsuchi
Alliance:
Appearance:Tsuchi has dark brown hair that extends to her waist. Her eyes are a forest green color and are very deep and warm. She is around 5'7" and is a little large as well. Her skin is a dark earthy color. She wears a dress of dark green normally, but around the other sages a robe of brown and green.
Personality: Tuschi is very down to earth. She is naturally caring and wants to help anyone she can. She is patience as well and is very reserved. Tsuchi rarely gets mad, but when she does, she can be violent. Mature and thoughtful, Tsuchi is very smart.
Brief History: Tsuchi is one of the four sages created after Morzar was sealed away. She ruled peacefully and fairly over her domain. She is now investigating Morzar's awakening site in the Sarced Forest with the other Sages.
Other:

Name:Nile
Alliance:Sages
Appearance:Nile has short brown hair that only goes to her chin. She is pretty skinny and short as well, only reaching 5'2". Nile has aqua blue eyes. Her skin is an ashy color. She normally wears loose clothing and rarely wears shoes, but when she does they are usually sandals or boots. Based off link
Personality:Nile is a reversed girl who only speaks to people she isn't friends with when necessary. She is hardworking and once she begins something she does not stop until it is finished. Nile hates getting into fights and tries to avoid them. She has a dry sense of humor as well.
Brief History: Nile was born in a village near one of the volcanoes. From a young age she admired the Sages and always gave thanks to the Fire Sage for protecting her people. She is the youngest of three, her older sister and brother usually busy. But she is close to her brother.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Aquaria
Alliance:
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs42/i/2009/109/c/7/Sage_of_Water_by_Luvanime07.png
Personality: Aquaria's personality is like her element. She is usually calm and peaceful, but when angered, she can be as fierce as a flash flood. She prefers to solve things without violence and is kind to others.
Brief History: One of the Sages created by the Spirits, Aquaria has watched over the humans in the southern part of the island for centuries, being there for advise and taking leadership as needed, though she mostly lets them make their own decisions, only giving them her advice and for the most part, they listen to her. She now travels to the Sacred Forest to investigate with the other sages.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Accepted 2
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Username: nando_c_s
Name: Aerius
Alliance:
Appearance: Aerius has long white hair that reaches his knees. Grey eyes and has fair skin. He wears comfortable red baggy pants, light red leather boots, and a long sleeve red shirt. Why all of his clothe red? Because with this attire he is able to easily camouflage anywhere between the deserts.

Personality: Perhaps the most fun and the one with most humor of the Sages. Aerius doesn’t easily get mad, and he is very friendly and social. However, he is also very strict about rules and he gets pretty pissed if one is broken.

Brief History: Aerius is the Air Sage created long ago to watch over the plains and desserts of the east. He has ruled over time with love and care, as long as rules are followed. Most of the under his rule like him, since he is a fair ruler and a very social man. He left his desserts and went over to the forest, to investigate Morzar’s awakening and to meet with his fellow Sages.

Other: Has a staff and what seems to be some sort oval shaped shield which he has tied to his back.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Accepted.

We have a betrayer now. If we don't get some more humans though, I'll likely just take over them and have them act as NPC's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balance of Power Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balance of Power   Balance of Power I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: