New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mages and Demons

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Whenever one dreams, they enter the Fade, a dream world inhabited by spirits. Most do not remember their journeys there and for the most part, their presence is unnoticed by the Fade's inhabitants. Some humans, however, are born with an innate connection to the Fade. These are Mages.

The Mage is able to do extraordinary things, things that are supposed to be impossible within this world, but they are connected to the Fade and the Fade is a land of dreams. Everything is possible. This is what is referred to as magic. Ultimately, a Mage can travel into the Fade consciously. There they meet spirits, some benevolent, others not so.

The Spirits are the embodiment of human characteristics: Valor, Humility, Justice, Love, and Humor as well as Rage, Sloth, Desire, and Pride. The Spirits that embody negative aspects of humanity are Demons and they are not to be trusted. Not one Demon is quite the same as another, but they all have one thing in common. They are envious of humanity and wish to enter the real world by any means necessary.

A Mage is a beacon, drawing spirits to him or her, especially when they are asleep. They are often targets of possession and other demonic attention. A Mage has extraordinary power, but it comes at a price.

Rules
1. No god-modding.
2. No OOC-fighting.
3. Be literate. Post at least 2-3 sentences per post.
4. Romance is allowed.
5. The Setting is just the regular world.
6. Be respectful to others.
7. In your first post, say "With great power comes great responsibility."

Demons
(From least to most powerful)
Rage- The weakest and least intelligent, Rage demons are violent and don't waste much time talking.
Sloth- Intelligent and reasonably powerful, sloth demons are... lazy. They don't cross over too much, rather pulling mortals in the fade and "playing" with them for fun.
Desire- The most insidious of all demons, they thrive on deceit and prefer to make deals, offering wealth, beauty, pleasure, and anything else that a mortal might desire.
Pride- The most powerful, they are intelligent and powerful. Unlike Sloth and Rage, they are less handicapped by their vice.

Character Profile
Name:
Gender: (Spirits can choose to be anything or take any form)
Race:
Type (If Spirit or Demon):
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Powers/Skills: (Just a general overview of the character's abilities)
Goals/Ambitions:
Other:

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:58 pm

Name: Daylen Maric
Race: Human
Type (If Spirit or Demon): None
Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs31/i/2008/220/8/a/The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg
Personality: Daylen is a bit shy, preferring to keep to himself at school and read, much to the bafflement of his peers. He is kind, however, and tries to be polite, even if he's a bit distant.
History: Daylen has lived a pretty normal life so far. His dad is a banker and his mom is involved in charity work. The only problem was that strange things kept happening around him when he didn't mean to. Objects would burst into flame or levitate and at times, he would dream he's exploring a vast landscape, feeling like he was somewhere mysterious. Recently, he's discovered a book in an old bookstore and is trying to learn how to control his powers.
Powers/Skills: Like all Mages, Daylen is able retain his memories of his dreams from when he enters the Fade cand can have his mind enter it at will now. Beyond that, he has power over fire and lightning and is learning to brew potions.
Goals/Ambitions: To control his powers.
Other:

Name: Cici
Race: Demon
Type (If Spirit or Demon): Desire
True Form: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonage/images/c/c8/Desire_Demon.jpg
"Human" Form: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2005/004/2/2/Muderess_by_nholly.jpg
Personality: Lustful and deceitful, Cici is the type of demon that loves to play with mortals and experience all the pleasures of the mortal world. She loves to make deals with mortals and create corruption. Indeed, she takes pleasure in it. The greater the deceit, the greater the corruption.
History: Cici has existed within the Fade for about 1000 years as mortals measure time. Immortal and beautiful Cici doesn't remember how she became a desire demon. Perhaps she was born that way. Either way, Cici always wanted to enter the real world and she's found that it's rather easy. She simply needs to find a mortal with a burning desire and make a deal with him, allowing her to enter the real world. Recently, she was killed in the real world and sent back into the Fade. She's simply biding her time until she exits the Fade.
Powers/Skills: Cici is able to escape the Fade upon making a sort of deal with a mortal or summoned. In the real world, she is able to warp reality according to her whims.
Goals/Ambitions: Cici simply wishes to be in the real world and find ways to amuse herself, often at the expense of mortals.

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 pm

Ooh. I'll definitely have to make a Mage. Possibly a Spirit too.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Cool. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Name: Tenshi Hitori
Race: Human
Type (If Spirit or Demon): N/A
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=dark_anime_girl.jpg
Personality: Tenshi is a hotheaded girl. She hates being told what to do and will get in your face. Still she is a kind person and will protect them no matter what. Reckless too, Tenshi doesn't back down from a fight/challenge.
History: Tenshi grew up as the middle of five girls and so she never had a lot of attention. So she spent most of her time in her room reading books. She loved learning about ancient stories and wished her life was more exciting. When strange things started to happen, Tenshi was scared, but she also wanted to explore it. She is working on controlling her powers more so that she could use them to help people.
Powers/Skills: The normal mage power of remembering and entering the fade. She also possesses the power of bringing inanimate objects to life and telekensis.
Goals/Ambitions: To be a better mage
Other: Tenshi keeps two stuff animals she brought to life around: Hana and Ukki
https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view¤t=1145417699_es05b0da74.jpg

Name: Foncé
Race: Demon
Type (If Spirit or Demon): Sloth
Appearance: Usually appears liek this https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Dark-2.jpg
Personality: Intelligent, but lazy Foncé doesn't really make too much of an effort to chase down humans. Instead he enjoys drawing them into the fade and messing with them there. Foncé is rather cruel and hates being around others.
History: Born out of the laziness in people, Foncé has been causing trouble for a long time now. Even at his birth, he had wanted to cross over into the real world, but he never really gave the attempt too much effort and so he always failed. But now he is planning on trying again.
Powers/Skills: Make people fall asleep and create illusions
Goals/Ambitions: To enter the real world
Other: n/a

Name: Reitai
Race: Spirit
Type (If Spirit or Demon): Justice
Appearance: Usually appears like this https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=icegirl-2.jpg
Personality: Reitai is a kind spirit, but very headstrong. She does not like it when people misbehave and will punish them. Reitai is loyal to mages and wants to help them bring the demons down. Since she embodies justice she is always going off about doing the right thing.
History: Born from the human's will for unending justice, Reitai has existed in the Fade serving that purpose. From the start she had been visiting human after human, trying to fill them with a sense of duty and justice so that human crime would end. Even though it had been a long time since she was born, Reitai never gave up. When she learned that some bad spirits were trying to enter the real world, she changed her purpose to make sure that none sucessed.
Powers/Skills: The ability to tell if someone is lying and to punish them accordingly. She can also blind people/go invisible
Goals/Ambitions: To help the mages keep the demons in the Fade
Other: n/a

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Accepted. Thanks for joining. Smile

Can't really see your pictures, though.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Even though I won't be joining, I just have to throw this in here. Almostinsane, have you been playing Dragon Age? Oh, and mages are the shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Yeah, Nightmre. LOL. I'm afraid I got the idea from there.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Ok I fixed the links.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:14 pm

Ah, cool. Accepted. I should be starting this soon, no later than tomorrow if no one else joins by then. Smile
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 10:58 pm

(Okay. We start now. Tomorrow, I think I'll have a new character up as well)

Daylen yawned as he woke up, though he didn't feel as well-rested as he should have. He shivered a bit. He had barely escaped a Sloth Demon back in the Fade. If he had been caught, then there would have been no mistake. He would have been stuck in a nightmare as his body rotted away from a lack of a soul.

He got up and began to dress. He'd goto school early and read one of his spellbooks. Maybe he could learn to not set something on fire this time.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Tenshi finished getting changed, looking at her reflection. Hana handed her her hat, which she took.

"Thank you Hana." The stuff animal just nodded. Ukki was sitting on her bed and Tenshi gave it a quick hug before grabbing her backpack to go. She finally had her own room, her two older sisters at college and her two younger ones sharing another one. So Tenshi had no problem if Hana and Ukki were active as long as no one else saw them.

"See ya guys later," she said as she headed off to school. Last night was good. She didn't encounter any demons thanks to a spirit. But she knewn that she might now be so lucky tonight.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Daylen sat at the table in the lunch room at school, reading a spellbook. Apparently, Mages used to be hunted by some order by the name of the Templars. Thankfully, they seemed to have disappeared.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Tenshi skipped into school and headed to her locker. Once she was done getting the things she needed, Tenshi looked around the halls. There were soem people around even if it was early. Wanting to pratice her power she headed to the cafeteria.

She entered the room but saw that the room was not empty. She was about to turn and leave, but she saw that the boy was reading something. Curious, she walked over to the boy trying to read the book over his shoulder.
-----------------------
Reitai hummed softly as she wandered the Fade. She could sense some mages, but some of the younger ones weren't around Reitai assumed they were at school. But that didn't faze her at all.

She was actually looking for some demons. So she was looking for maages as well. She just hoped she could stop some demons from trying to leave.
----------------------
Foncé frowned. He almost had a mage, but the boy was able to escape. He was sure that wasn't going to happen again. Next time the male mage would be his.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Daylen looked up as he felt a shadow appear over him and his book. Hurriedly, he covered the words with his hands and turned around. He raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking what she wanted.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

Tenshi backed up a little since the boy clearly didn't want her to see what he was reading. Still she smiled at him.

"Sorry if I am annoying you. I was just wondering what you were reading. No one really comes into the library in the morning to read." She waved her hand around indicating the emtpy room besides the two of them. "I'm Tenshi by the way. Tenshi Hitori."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:54 pm

"I'm Daylen. And it's nothing you'd be interested in. No one our age is, anyway. It's just some old books on magic. They're very old, back when people believed in magic," Daylen told the girl, hiding the fact that he was a mage.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 pm

"Magic?" Tenshi scoffed. She of course practiced magic, but she didn't want this random boy-Daylen was his name-to know. "You believe in that? You sure are strange."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:24 pm

(Got a villain up. Found an actual image from the game this is based off of.)
"It's interesting," he told her neutrally before smiling mischievously, "Maybe I'll try summoning a Desire Demon. The pictures of them in here look hott."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Tenshi scoffed again. "A Desire Demon? Typical guy wanting to summon a hot chick without knowing at what price it comes. Nothing in life is free."

(Yeah I'm not the only one with a villian now)
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:43 pm

"Hey, what's the worse that could happen?" he joked, "It says here they just want to be on earth. Is that so wrong?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:47 pm

Tenshi was tempted to say something about the Fade, but if she did she might reveal that she was a mage.

"Um...it's called common sense? Besides it's a demon. It couldn't be good could it?"
----------------
Reitai looked up at the sky. She was in someone's dream right now. From what she could tell the person was young. The sky was yellow and green and blue. It was interesting and it made the Spirit smile.

"You want to help others find the truth," she said to no one in particular. "I can help if you wish."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm

"Yeah, I guess so," Daylen told her, enjoying his little joke even if the girl wasn't. He spoke, "I haven't seen you around before."

"No," came a seductive whisper as Cici entered the mortal's dream and stood beside Reitai. She smirked, "You want to enjoy yourself. Candy and video games are always better than going to bed early."

She turned to her fellow spirit and smiled, "It's almost cute, isn't it? Young mortals, I mean. They have no idea about the pleasures their world has to offer."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

"You wouldn't," Tenshi said a little rudely. "We probably hang out in different crowds. And this school is kind of big."
--------------
Reitai frowned at Cici. She should have know that a demon might entered a dream that she was in soon. She couldn't have been lucky forever.

"Don't listen to her lies. You know that doing the right thing is better. Silly pleasures will fade in time."

She then turned to Cici mad. "No they don't and that's why you've come here. Trying to corrupt them for your own purpose."
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:26 pm

"Not exactly, here specifically. I came into this dream on a whim," Cici laughed sinisterly before whispering, "Just have fun, child. Forget about everything else."

"Now," the Desire Demon, "I'm not so bad. I just wish to enter the mortal world. Is that so bad? None of the men I've enticed ever regretted it."

"No need to be rude," the nerd noted with a frown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mages and Demons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mages and Demons   Mages and Demons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mages and Demons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: