New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will We Survive?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Will We Survive? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 pm

("I feel insulted,") Sliver grumbled as he climbed to his feet. He moved towards Chris, but Chance grabbed a hold of him and pulled him back before the cat could do any damage.

("It's a fair question, Sliver. It's not like he grew up around you.")

Chance held out the notepad to Chris.

'I think that you hurt his pride. He's actually quite resourceful.'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Chris

Chris shook his head while writing, obviously skeptical. "I guess I can do it, though I don't see the point. If Silver helps us get off this ship, I'll never insult another cat," he said.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 pm

("Hmph.") Sliver turned his back on Chris and turned his head up, in a sign of contempt.

'Just trust me and him. We know what we're doing.'

Chance pulled the notebook away from Chris after giving the young adult enough time to read the message. They would get out of here, no matter what. He knew all about kidnapping and kidnappers, both from the time his younger sister was taken and from the stories that his father had told him.

In this case, it was best just to please the pirates, so as to not get killed. However, he still had Sliver, and that made all the difference.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Chris

"Sorry," Chris said, after reading the message. "It's just that... cats are only animals." He felt bad for the kid, he didn't seem to have any friends other than this cat, and though he had nothing against cats, he felt foolish putting faith into one on something as important as this. Though, what did he really have to lose?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:12 am

("That's what you think,") muttered Sliver, his back still to Chris.

Chance didn't write anything at first, unsure of what to say. Sliver was different from the other creatures on this planet. His mother thought that it had to do with the early age that he and his tabby cat had bonded. Over the years, because of the telepathic link between them, Sliver had changed. He couldn't very well explain that to the man before him, though.

Finally he began to write.

'Sliver's like a guide dog. He's been trained to react to certain situations in certain ways.'
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:15 am

Chris

"Ok," Chris relented. "It's not like we have much to lose. Just hope you're not putting him into danger, this ship isn't safe for... anyone who isn't a pirate, but especially animals that shouldn't be here." The kid seemed certain that the cat would be helpful, so who was Chris to try to stop him? Hopefully the cat was smart enough to avoid being seen.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 am

("Danger?") Sliver scoffed. ("Like it's any less dangerous to stay here, pondering over when they're going to kill me.")

Chance ignored his cat's words and instead nodded his head at Chris. It was true that what he was asking of Sliver was dangerous, but he was confident that the cat could handle it. Besides, Sliver had brought up a valid point.

The teenager leaned back against the wall, silently counting the pages that he had left in his notepad. He didn't know how long he was going to be stuck on the ship, so he was going to have to be careful about how much paper he used.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Sayuri

Sayuri searched for her target, until she caught sight of Chris. "You there, Chris! Come with me, you've been assigned to a new work location. Captain's orders. Now, come along."
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 am

Chris

Chris stayed where he was, grinning. This was going to be a whole lot easier than he thought. "What do I care what 'the captain' orders? Not like I'm part of his loyal crew of imbeciles. And who are you to be telling me what to do, little girl? Aren't you a little old to be playing pretend on a pirate ship?" Better be right about Silver, Chance. I don't exactly like being whipped, he thought, though he trusted that Chance had some kind of plan.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 12:10 am

("Go!")

("I'm goin'. I'm goin'.")
Sliver silently slipped around the pirate and then, after a glance back to make sure that she was preoccupied, he slipped out of the door. Immediately he was rushing past the cells, looking for a place to lay low until the pirate was gone.

Chance glanced up at the pirate and then bit his lip at Chris's words. Maybe he should have been the one to cause the distraction--it was his plan, after all. He slipped his notepad into his back pocket, watching the scene before him with concern.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:36 pm

(Made a new character.)

Username: manysidestome
Name: Kell
Passenger, Crew Member, Pirate: Pirate
Appearance: Hard to place an age on him, but he has dark brown hair and manic blue eyes. He's pretty short, around five feet, and looks to be rather weak. He wears ragged clothing, sharp teeth, and wears a bandanna on his head.
Personality: Kell is quite mad. He spends most of his time skulking around the ship muttering to himself. None of the pirates seem to give him any notice, and he doesn't do anything counter productive to their enterprise. When enraged, though, he is a beast, he'll attack mercilessly until whatever has aroused his anger is torn to shreds. Then he'll go back to his muttering ways. Sometimes he'll talk to others, but its always in his crazy way and never easy to understand.
Brief History: None of the pirates can really remember when it was Kell came aboard, only that he made quick work of some of their enemies, and so they keep him. He's sort of like a pet to them, as long as he doesn't mess with their operations hes allowed to do whatever he wants.
Other: He has a silver dagger and a laugh that can send chills through anyone.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Sayuri

Sayuri raised a pistol and fired, the bullet flying past Chris's head. It barely missed him. The girl grinned and put the weapon away.

"Now, come along with me or else. Next time, I won't miss."

She had killed before, so killing this whelp would not be a problem. On this ship, she had learned long ago to never show mercy or show weakness. If she had to come to it, Sayuri would murder the boy. No trouble would come of it; if anything, the Captain would congradulate her. Sayuri waited for Chris's response, ready to fire again if need be.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Chris

Chris didn't like to admit it, but his bravado was fading. So far the pirates responded only with some painful smack or whip, never with a gun, something that just hurt, that wasn't fatal. He stood up and walked out, because not complying was something he didn't want to face.

"Little rough around the edges aren't you," he asked, no longer smiling or putting a cheerful spin on his words. Still, he wasn't going to cower, he'd stay alive, but he'd never show weakness to them. Especially some cracked, gun happy teenage girl.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Chance flinched at the gunshot, but he didn't move from where he sat against the wall. He watched with concern as Chris left the cell. The older boy wasn't going to get killed over this, was he? It's not like there was a shortage on workers, with a ship just freshly raided. Of course, who knew how many had been killed in the process.

Sliver, we're both counting on you.

The cat in question turned at the sound of the noise, his ears pressed against his head. He could still sense Chance's connection, however, so he knew that the boy was still alive. He turned his attention back to finding somewhere to hide. Spotting a few barrels, he quickly made his way over to them and hunkered down in the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:45 pm

Sayuri

"I'd shut up if I were you, maggot. I've killed dozens before you, and I wouldn't bat an eye over your death." Sayuri warned. If there was one thing she hated, it was prisoners who didn't learn to keep their mouths shut. Unconsciously, she traced the scar that ran from her right shoulder to her right hand. She'd learned the hard way that speaking too much was dangerous.

Sarah

In the bowels of the ship, Sarah Springfield toiled away in the kitchens. Those who had had any cooking experience whatsoever had been put on kitchen duty at once, she among them. Many of the cruise ship's chefs had also been put to work here, but even with all of them it was a struggle to keep up with the pirate crew's demands. Their were many hunger mouths to feed among the pirates, and the prisoners hadn't made the situation any easier. The cooks who had already been aboard the pirate ship already were complaining about the captives, saying they were a burden on supplies. Sarah just hoped the captain did not listen to them, for if they got their way they'd all be dead.

Sarah began to slice up vegetables, and wondered how exactly she had sunken so low. Sarah had been an undercover FBI agent up until now, investigating the cruise ship's captain. But now her suspect was dead, and she was among the captives. Sarah knew that if she revealed her true identity, the pirates may treat her better. However, the FBI agent figured she would then become a useful hostage to the pirates, and Sarah did not want to give the terrorists any levierage against the United States.

A wip cracked above her. Sarah nearly jumped and picked up her pace, resisting the urge to glare at the kitchen overseer. Hopefully, a change would soon arise so that she could help free the other prisoners.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Chris

"Yeah, yeah, save your spiel. I've heard every one of you pirates tell me my death would be nothing," Chris said. "'I've killed mightier men than you,' and 'I'll spill your guts on the deck' and 'you're worth less than sea maggots'. Though to be honest I don't really understand that last one." Each time he talked it felt like a victory, it proved that even with all their threats they still wouldn't kill him. It made him feel like he still had a chance left even when everything seemed hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Sayuri

In a flash Sayuri had out her pistol again, pressing it against Chris's neck. "I could kill you here and now, and no one would ever know. We have dozens of your kind on this ship right now; who's going to notice a missing teenager? The Captain certainly won't." Sayuri hissed.

"On the contrary my dear, I would notice. Please, do not harm our slave labor. We have only so many of them, after all."

Sayuri froze at the sound of his voice. She knew that voice very well. It was the voice of the man who haunted Sayuri in her nightmares, who had stolen her childhood and abused her constantly, and who murdered her parents. Simply known as 'The Captain', he was one of the most ruthless people aboard this ship. He was one of the most powerful terrorists in the world, what with the criminal enterprise he ran. For two decades he had ran this ship, after slaying the previous captain. The Captain was not a man to be messed with, if you wanted to live.

Sayuri slowly lowered her gun and faced the Captain. While he may look old and frail, he was twice as dangerous. Too many had underestimated him because of his age, and had suffered because of it. Sayuri struggled to contain the pure rage she felt toward the man. If only she could kill that monster and be done with it...

"Good, my little pet. I see you still remember who your master is. Excellent, I wouldn't want you to get rebellious now. After all, we both remember what happened last time." Using his cane the Captain pushed up her right sleeve, revealing the scar running down her arm. Sayuri simmered with fury, but did her best to restrain herself.

"I remember." she said through clenched teeth. The Captain raised his cane and smacked her across the face with it. Sayuri bumped into Chris and tumbled to the floor.

"I remember what?" Captain asked, raising his cane once more. It hovered over her face.

"I remember master!" Sayuri spat out, trying to ignore the throbbing pain her cheek felt. The Captain sneered.

"Good. Don't forget to address me as such next time, girl. My patience with you is wearing thin. You'd best not forget what I did to your parents, and what I can do to you. You are my servant; never forget this. You as well, boy." Captain seemed to take notice of Chris again, and lightly prodded him in the chest with his cane.

"You're a guest here, for the moment. So long as you obey, no harm shall come to you. But never forget who is the dog, and who is the owner. Or else you will be punished. Now, carry along Sayuri. I have other matters to attend to. Do not forget our meeting for tonight."

The Captain walked away, running his cane against the wall. Sayuri stood back up, willing the coming tears to go away. Damn that man! How dare that man make her look weak in front of her captive! Sayuri started to touch her bruised cheek, but forced the hand away. She continued on, acting as if nothing had happened. She said nothing else to Chris.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 12:37 am

Chris

"That man, is a walking contradictory," Chris said, a little shaken. The girl was someone he could antagonize without much worry, he had a feeling she wouldn't really do anything that bad. The Captain, on the other hand, was someone Chris recognized right away that he shouldn't talk back to, no matter if he liked him or hated him. By the look she had on her face, the girl didn't care for him, putting it mildly. "I'm a guest, but I'm also a dog," he asked. He then looked toward her, and asked, "so wait, are you a prisoner here too?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:36 am

Sayuri

"....my parents, along with others, were kidnapped by the Captain fourteen years ago. Since my parent's deaths I have been his slave, and a member of this crew." Sayuri finally answered. She did not know why she told that boy this, but it felt a little good to talk of her past. Of course, she shouldn't say much more. In situations where pirates got too attached to captives, the outcome was never good.

When she was alone later, Sayuri would make sure to practice with her sword. That would relieve some of her steam. Perhaps she could imagine gutting the Captain while practicing...
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 am

Chris

"I'm sorry to hear that," Chris said. So this girl really didn't want to be here either, if she was a slave. Maybe if they could find a way to escape together if he could convince her. "What's your name," he asked. She apparently already knew his.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Sayuri

"Save your pity for someone who cares. I doubt you actually care, but my name is Sayuri." she said. Thankfully the decks were mostly empty, with the majority of the pirates at the mess hall. At least she wouldn't get accused about getting too friendly with the captive, since no one was there to see it.

Sayuri turned and started to climb up a stair case. They were almost there now, and she'd finally be rid of this pest soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Chris

"You might not know it, but most humans are decent to each other," Chris said, following. "Would you leave if you could?" He knew the answer, or he thought he did. Sayuri, was that really her name or what the pirates called her? It seemed that most were dehumanized, or something to that effect, kindness and compassion was not allowed, only cruelty.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:59 pm

Sayuri

Sayuri was shocked by Chris's question, but quickly masked her reaction. She led the captive down another hall, and stopped at a door. She opened it to reveal the one of the several kitchens aboard this vessel.

"This is where you'll be working for the time being. Follow the chef's orders, and you'll be fine. Goodbye."

Sayuri paused for a moment, looking back at Chris. "And in an answer to your question...yes."

She walked down the hall and out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Chris

Chris watched her walk away, frowning. Provided with the circumstances and persuasion, she might be willing to help them escape, or at least help herself escape. Sayuri was young, and a captive, she shouldn't be here, no more than Chance.

Pushing the thoughts from his mind, he walked into the kitchen, and his face fell. He really didn't want to cook for these guys, and there was little chance of him being able to tamper with it and get away with it. He moved to an available station and got work.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Sarah

Sarah briefly looked at the young boy who joined her, but went back to work. She wasn't about to give the Overseer an excuse to make an example out of her. He was likely here to replace a captive chef who recently committed suicide.

Sarah looked over at him one more time, wondering if he had any cooking experience. While the pirates preferred the captives who had some cooking skills to 'help' out in the kitchen, it was likely they'd grab anyone period to help out.

"Do you need any help?" Sarah whispered, careful to make sure the Overseer did not hear her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will We Survive?   Will We Survive? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will We Survive?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next