New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Video Games

Go down 
+18
Lucifa
defy_gravity3295
Kogami
sean_hiruki
Ghostmaker
Plaguewalker
zukoscrazyfangirl
TokoToTheEnd
hey_mai_Zukos_mine
Velox
Alec
radcat101
Shadow Moonseye
EmilCrane
Lol Lol Lol
Sarcastic Master
Nightmare13
R0M4N
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
R0M4N

R0M4N

Favorite Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 am

Hey, it's R0M4N. I was just wondering what video games the people on new worlds play. I personally like strategy games like the Total War Series, the Age of Empires Series, Cizilization Series, et cetera.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:27 am

I like some J-rpgs regrettably. Really just the Tales series. inFamous was great, and Assassin's Creed is always fun. Wii Sports will probably always be the best Wii game ever. Super Smash Bros is always pretty fun, each of them really. Digimon Rumble Arena 2 has served my nerdyness well over the years with a round every few months. Oh! Animal Crossing is fun too. Portal was freaking epic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
R0M4N

R0M4N

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:33 am

Rumble Arena 2 was surprisingly a great game, i gotta agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:54 am

Hey, finally someone else who's played inFamous!

Anyway, I'll start off with my favorite game from the PS1, Spyro: Year of the Dragon. I used to play that all the time when I was a kid, even though I didn't have a memory card to save a game for a year or two.

The Sly Cooper series is a favorite of mine, mainly because it was the first games I'd played that actually wanted you to be quiet and sneaky, which I found quite fun to be instead of charging into a room of baddies.

Special mention to Spiderman 2 (the movie game) because swinging around the place was fun enough to make me overlook the coarser parts of the game.

Super Smash Bros have always been great. So has the Paper Mario series.

Well this is certainly longer than I thought it would be. I'll end it with my two newest favorites, inFamous and Prototype.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 am

I love Portal, even though I haven't finished it. ^//^ Age of Empires. Roller Coaster Tycoon. (You know you like it. ^^) Spyro: The Eternal Night (Haven't finished that either. Razz) Da Blob. (Yes I know. Razz) Star Wars Battlefront. Very Happy Hmm... two more to wrap it up. Pokemon Diamond and Summon Knights: Twin Age.
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
EmilCrane

EmilCrane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

Company of Heroes, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 and 3, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dwan of War and... thats it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shadow Moonseye

Shadow Moonseye

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Gears of War 1 and 2 are at the top of my list. Closely followed by Mass Effect and Army of Two.

Age of Mythology was always a blast for me, same with Warcraft 3. I never got anywhere in Morrowind, but it was entertaining enough to dink around in.

Zelda games have a special place in my heart, due to growing up watching my dad playing 'em, then me playing 'em.

Anyone else love Overlord? Cuz I loved them minions. They made the game for me. And let's not forget Left for Dead, that game was a blast.

Super Smash bros and Melee was fun. And Turock (the Xbox version) because you kill a freaking T-rex with a combat knife!

And last but not least, Halo 1,2 and 3 have special mention, even if there are better games out there.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-moonseye.deviantart.com/
R0M4N

R0M4N

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Age of Mythology is pretty amazing. I was playing it the other day (ZEUS FTW!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I loved inFamous, because it was Assassin's creed with a cooler city, better game mechanics the ability to shoot lightning, bad ass enemies, and above all the ability not to die when you fall to the ground. Prototype was good, and I admit the Alex Mercer could kick Cole's ass, but I just really didn't like Alex as a character, the variety in powers you would actually use wasn't very good (once you have whipfist you're set. Razz) and the story wasn't very great, plus the side missions in inFamous were way more imaginative.

Also you gotta love the Ace Attorney series. (Dick Gumshoe FTW!)

Pokemon series is reliable for a good game.

Age of Mythology is epic, I must agree with the many comments already made.
Back to top Go down
radcat101

radcat101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Anything by VALVe. It's all gold. All of it. (L4D, TF2, Portal, HL2)

That, and as previously mentioned, the Ace Attorney series.

Plus Assassins Creed. 3 Medieval metropolises, that are all spectacular in their own regard make for one great playground.

I probably would like infamous, but since I can't stand the PS3's price (600$?) I won't be playing it anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:13 pm

I agree with Radcat about Assassin's creed. Sure climbing buildings can be a pain in the ass, but the entire game is worth it when you come in riding on your horse, standing on a ledge overlooking a miraculous city. The design is just gorgeous, and you've got to love it. And even for looking pretty I would give it a better price than it already has, gameplay is amazing, and there is nothing more satisfying than filling a courtyard with the blood of the town guard or evading them by jumping from a high tower and into a bale of hay. Smile A marvelous must play game.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 pm

I love the Civilization game series, me and my Dad play an entire game with each other at least once every month and it is always enjoyable.
I lean towards liking RPG's while disliking Shooters mostly, I love Fire Emblem, the Tales of series, Pokemon, MMO's and Final Fantasy is fun as well.

I like the legend of zelda series and I have ten games in the series.( LttP, AoL, Loz, OoT, MM, WW, TP, FS, FSA, PH.) It's a very fun series, probably Nintendo's best.

I'm currently playing Professor Layton, a fun but difficult series, I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
R0M4N

R0M4N

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Radcat101, FYI, the new PS3 slim will cost $299 dollars, only 50 bucks more than the Wii. Not all that outrageous.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Aww, I'd love to join in about Assassin's Creed, InFamous, Halo games, KOTOR, and so much more mentioned. But, I only have Nintendo series game platforms. ^^'

With that said, I can obviously agree to Super Smash Bros. (All 3), Legend of Zelda (Haven't played all of 'em, but I like all of the ones I've played so far. I've only played the original Mario Kart for the N64, but that's one of my childhood faves. I currently enjoy the portable DS version. (Haven't played Mario Kart Wii or Double Dash...)

The Star Fox Series hasn't been mentioned yet...so now it is. No Donkey Kong games either...but most people have probably only played the original, and Donkey Kong 64.

Star Wars...all the really awesome games are for other systems. I was so close to playing Battlefront 2. I have Jedi Outcast, but in Jedi Academy you get better lightsabers...and I can't have any. -__-

Yeah, I'll save more for other posts. D I don't have the cash for new systems unfortunately. So, some info about other games would be much appreciated. ^^
Back to top Go down
R0M4N

R0M4N

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 am

Battlefront 2 is one of the top PS2 games. I could play that for hours.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Well given your predicament with only having a Nintendo System (I understand man. I only had my Game Cube for a long time.) I would suggest getting Tales of Symphonia, if you can find it. It took me like 100 hours to beat the game, so it can keep your gaming occupied for a long time. The story and gameplay are amazing. Graphics aren't great, because it was made in 2004. You should check it out. Plus, the second one is out for Wii as well, so you might be able to enjoy that too. Outside of that some other good games for Nintendo are Pikmin 2, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and if you're a Pokemon fan, you can't go wrong with Colosseum or XD Gale of Darkness.

I now have Final Fantasy Dissidia. Jesus christ. I have only attempted to play FF games, but didn't find them all that great, but Dissidia is soooooooo cool. It's exactly what Final Fantasy really wants to be with fighting systems, I think. For PSP graphics it is amazingly well done, very pretty indeed, and the fighting is so smooth it really makes you feel like a badass. It's so fun to play. The camera is terrible at times though, and the game won't hesitate to throw a random, near impossible enemy your way, just to show you that you are not in fact as epic as you thought you were. But it's still good, because it's just so cool to fly around slashing at your enemy and beating them down.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:13 pm

^Henh. FF Dissidia sounds cool, and I kind of like the fact that the game would purposely/randomly give you and invincible enemy just to put down your ego. D Thanks for the tips too. I'm sure my friend has Tales of Symphonia, since she plays RPGs way more than I do. (And I think she brought it to school once.) Digimon Rumble Arena 2 sounds familiar. I might've played it before. I do have those other games that you mentioned, and they are fun! D

Even though there's a lot of really cool FPSes (Seriously. You people know what I'm talking about.) on the other systems, I just seem to like actually pointing at the guys and shooting them with the Wiimote. (I'm also a whole lot better at it then with the joysticks.) The Conduit, there's Metroid Prime 3, Red Steel, and Red Steel 2. (Okay, so that last one hasn't come out yet...<.<)
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Nightmare13 wrote:
I now have Final Fantasy Dissidia. Jesus christ. I have only attempted to play FF games, but didn't find them all that great, but Dissidia is soooooooo cool. It's exactly what Final Fantasy really wants to be with fighting systems, I think. For PSP graphics it is amazingly well done, very pretty indeed, and the fighting is so smooth it really makes you feel like a badass. It's so fun to play. The camera is terrible at times though, and the game won't hesitate to throw a random, near impossible enemy your way, just to show you that you are not in fact as epic as you thought you were. But it's still good, because it's just so cool to fly around slashing at your enemy and beating them down.

Sephiroth's new moves are a kick, but the Onion Knight confuses me so. xD

The FMA games had great plot, really interesting, but the graphics could have been much better. Especially for the first game.

I like older games, for handheld systems, like the Dragon Warrior games (Those were great, but I don't really like the new one), Zelda, Pokemon.

Also the first Final Fantasy game for PS 1. And that's what I love about Final Fantasy. After playing the first game, and then one of the newer ones, like Crisis Core for PSP the change and progress is amazing. Especially graphic-wise, and the fighting format as well.

I don't really like any of the new games they're making for handhelds like the DS Lite. The new Zelda and Pokemon games make me want to chase game designers with a bat. I don't really care how good they can get the quality, you just can't justify stuff like that.

I've always loved playing Burnout. Any game where crashing cars can be the main objective is fun. xD Another great series of games was Ratchet and Clank.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:47 am

Disgaea. I love, love, love that series. Mainly the first one. It has the best story and characters. Though I can't hate Axel/Yukimaru/Tink from the second game. But I love the entire series all together.

Kingdom Hearts. Disney and Final Fantasy. My kind of game. XD Once again it's the first game that I like the most, even if I finished the second one. And no it's not because I hate Roxas.....

Mainly anything by Nippon Ichi. SRPGs are epic and their SRPGs are the best.

I'm also a huge Harvest Moon fan. I know it's a farming game, but it has a kind of charm to it that makes it hard to hate.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Silent hill, my personal favoite video game saga.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 pm

^That was a GREAT game, specifically the second one.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:26 pm

I've only ever played one Silent Hill game, and it's because my friend brought it over. Horror has never really been my thing, because I get twitchy and such, but it was OK. (It was Homecoming by the way.) I might actually get one. Probably 2, because that's the one I hear is the best, but the genre never really appealed to me. I'm weird though. I like fighting games mainly, but I need a story, which fighting games don't normally provide, but if I can get both then it's a good game to me. I don't like FPSs, because the system doesn't really work for me that well. I prefer being third person, like in Battle Front. I don't have the patience for SRPGs, so I have attempted Disgea, and Fire Emblem, but never really got into them. Nor do I enjoy sports games. Exception being Wii Sports. That is an awesome game.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

^Ah but you have attempted Disgaea which makes you awesome in my books. I know few fans of the games. I even had to make my best friend play the second one to make him a fan.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:54 pm

I only attempted Afternoon of Darkness. It was a little odd, and for the PSP. I figured out I can actually enjoy SRPGs on consoles, so I'll probably rent Disgea 3 or something. (I live in a tiny town, so renting a Disgea game is probably the best I can hope for.) Anyways my friend loves Disgea, so now you know of another fan. He has "Priny: Can I Really Be the Hero?" I love that game. XD
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Disgaea. I love it to pieces, Doods! Action! Drama! Exploding Penguins! Truely, the pinnicale of SRPG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next