New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Theory of One Nation.

Go down 
+4
nando_c_s
TokoToTheEnd
Magus1108
rcox1995
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rcox1995

rcox1995

The Theory of One Nation. Empty
PostSubject: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:30 pm

This is branched from my discussion in the United Nations thread on ASN.

Now, the idea of one nation scares many people. Here's my question. Why? If all nations were to come together as one nation united, it would eliminate many troubles such as border disputes, border patrol, struggling economies, and many other problems. I know that many nations hate each other, but the idea of one nation could solve that. If a nation like that would ever be formed, how would it be governed? Democracy, theocracy, Communist state, monarchy?

But, anyways, my question is on whether or not you support such an idea, and if so, how would you think it should be governed?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm

No. Just no. The idea of a one-world government is terrible. Nothing would ever get done. Not to mention, more than likely, it will become corrupted. That, or it was started by a dictatorship. It is unlikely to happen in the next century, I can say that. We have too many disagreements, beliefs, and lifestyles all around the world. Besides, I doubt that the major Powers That Be would like the one-world government idea. No major country would be willing to give up that much power, unless they were guarnteed sole dominance in the new government.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:38 pm

I don't think we can achieve it until we have world peace. If we can all get along I fully support the idea of having one nation. And that it would be democratic.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Well, have you ever seen seen a lion and a zebra living together? You know sleeping, eating, at least near each other? Not likely, this is kind of like that. One of the things that just CAN'T and WON'T happen ever.
Back to top Go down
Video Gamer

Video Gamer

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:50 pm

If it does happen, we should still have seperate "countries." Big government never works. The idea behind the "states" in the United States was to keep big government from happening. Once you have one person in charge of a lot of power, he's gonna be corrupted. It's impossible for him to make good choices, because he can't see from every angle.
I'm not saying that the U.S's goverment is absolutely amazing, because it's not, but I think it's the best in the world right now.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm

No, just no. I'm sorry, but there is no feasible way this can happen. It will only devolve into tyranny. Let's face it, the minority, i.e. the smaller or disliked countries, would be told what to do with their own resources for the interests of the Big Government or the other countries. It will be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, technically, it can work, because it has before. Charlemagne managed to unite prussia by himself and keep it all in harmony. Granted it was on a smaller scale than, say, the world, it more or less proves, that with the right person, or persons, it can work.

The only problem; however, is for how long. After Charlemagne's death, his children tore apart what he strove to unite. The one World government isn't the problem, it's the people who govern it. Case in point, the United States government. Nearly 400 years ago, when the nation won its independence, it was a nation by the people, for the people. Of course it wasn't perfect, nothing ever is, and over time, it made changes to better itself, but it also became a government by the people, for itself.

So I have to agree, the one world government idea won't work as long as people are making it. As I said before, the idea isn't the problem, it can work, it's people that are the problem, and keep it from working.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 pm

I think what most have said so far is that it won't work because of corruption and the like, too much power will corrupt the person in charge. Well, I disagree, it will work, just we have a dictator/corrupted leader in charge of everything. Now, this obviously isn't the result we'd want, but just stating that it is possible that one nation ruled by a tyrant could last for a long time.

Of course, we could go the democratic route and make the UN global, every country having a say and trying to compromise to get things done. This would probably not work, the beuracracy would be nightmarish, and nothing would get done.

I don't think it's in humanity's best interest to form one government now, we've yet to find a form that could last for long enough for the transition to be beneficial. I support the idea that it could work, I just don't support the idea it would do any good for anyone other than the ones in charge.

So that's a no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Theory of One Nation.   The Theory of One Nation. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Theory of One Nation.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: General :: Serious Discussion-
Jump to: